Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Andros Townsend "back at a big club". :D

Screenshot-2021-07-20-at-18-21-06.png

That must wind Zaha right up.

I think it's a bit of bitchy thing to say. Part of the reason Crystal Palace aren't a bigger club is because Townsend himself has under-achieved. 2 goals in 61 matches over the last 2 seasons is really piss poor by Andros, as is just 16 goals in his 5 years there.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Ill say it - your ground is worse than Watford's or Burnley's. It is also worse than most Championship grounds, a few League One grounds and one or two in League Two. It is not an 'Old School' ground by any means. Newer fans confuse 'Old School' with just 'Old'. Old and undermaintained would be a more fitting description. Had Palace spent less on stupid wages and more on starting building on the Amex West Stand clone, bringing the Arthur Waite into the 1990s, and doing something about the hideous Holmesdale End (the less said about the Sainsburys Value Stand the better) and you might see where almost a billion pounds of PL money has gone. But Palace don't do that. They are all show and no knickers

But, but, but, Cladding, they’ve got cladding!!!!!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Andros Townsend "back at a big club". :D

Screenshot-2021-07-20-at-18-21-06.png

Hahahahahhaha is that actually real?!?? Talk about a swipe and then a pie in the face too. True though. He’d have said the same if he came here, and his agent did ask apparently but we said no chance.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Hahahahahhaha is that actually real?!?? Talk about a swipe and then a pie in the face too. True though. He’d have said the same if he came here, and his agent did ask apparently but we said no chance.

Townsend is a big fan of us heard him a few times quoted praising us and these were his comments in feb

“We have played them twice this season and I can quite easily say, it is probably the second best side we have played, behind Manchester City, this season," he said.

“Honestly, in terms of keeping the ball and not being able to get the ball off of them, and being under the cosh for 90 minutes and having to work your nuts off defensively for the whole game, honestly, second only to Man City.

“And that’s saying something because we lost 7-0 to Liverpool, but they are some footballing side, and thankfully we have taken four points off of them, but they are some side."

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
We have lost 6 players, one of which (Clyne) will be resigning by the sound of it.

We have replaced Sakho with Guehi, an outstanding signing.

Townsend has been replaced by Olise, again an upgrade and an outstanding signing.

Dann, Cahill and PVA need replacing and they will be.

In regards to the dig about our ground, hand on heart, you're saying our ground is worse than Watford's or Burnley? ???

Mediocre training facilitates? Again, that is more rubbish that you're spouting.

Guehi isn't an outstanding signing, It is potentially an exciting one. Olise could be an upgrade on Townsend but you don't know that yet. They are the only two you have made and less than 4 weeks till kick-off.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I don’t think any Palace fan would dispute that Everton are a much bigger club.
Good luck Andros , you got a 2 year deal at one of England’s top teams, let’s hope you put another last minute cross into box at The Amex, for Lewin to grab the 3 points :clap2:

Except when Everton want to buy Zaha.

Milo

Banned
Jul 9, 2021
Guehi isn't an outstanding signing, It is potentially an exciting one. Olise could be an upgrade on Townsend but you don't know that yet. They are the only two you have made and less than 4 weeks till kick-off.

Lookman next

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Serious question now...how much do you think you will spend on a striker this window?

I don't think we will spend anything. a full pre-season with Welbeck, Andone, and Tau will mean we will see what happens. If in January they are not clicking maybe we will then. I can see us buying the stricker from Ecuador (don't remember his name) but he will stay out there.

I get why you guys are excited, but I don't get why you don't think these guys are for the future. From what I can see this season is a transition season for you and all about staying up.

Milo

Banned
Jul 9, 2021
I don't think we will spend anything. a full pre-season with Welbeck, Andone, and Tau will mean we will see what happens. If in January they are not clicking maybe we will then. I can see us buying the stricker from Ecuador (don't remember his name) but he will stay out there.

I get why you guys are excited, but I don't get why you don't think these guys are for the future. From what I can see this season is a transition season for you and all about staying up.

I think we are just excited as the shackles of Roy will finally be released. We do have some decent flair players in Zaha, Eze and Olise and it'll be great to see what they can do in a more attacking team. It's a real shame Eze is out till January though otherwise I think we would be in a stronger position. I would reckon both Palace and Brighton will be around the 11th-15th places, who knows who will finish higher though, time will tell.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I think we are just excited as the shackles of Roy will finally be released. We do have some decent flair players in Zaha, Eze and Olise and it'll be great to see what they can do in a more attacking team. It's a real shame Eze is out till January though otherwise I think we would be in a stronger position. I would reckon both Palace and Brighton will be around the 11th-15th places, who knows who will finish higher though, time will tell.

I think your signings so far have been quite good. That said you are so far behind the curve in filling the other gaps in your squad, building a team pattern and even deciding what your best team is I cannot see anything other than a struggle for you tbh.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

Sadly history says you will be above us. The thing is, I look at what you are doing now and all I see is you doing what we have been doing for a few years. It is exciting at what is possible but it is hard to make that possibility into a reality. You have a lot of hard work to do and a lot of money has to be spent doing it, but if you get it right then the next level beckons. The same for us. I think they are both long term project.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Wow, more lies! We haven't lost 50% of our squad, we have lost about 6 first team players.

interesting that the ONLY thing you disagree with is the number of players who have left, a you said 6 first team players - so thats OVER 50% of your first team so im not sure thats any better than 50% of the squad-but thats really splitting hairs-lets agree the bulk of your first team have decided to be anywhere else but Selhurst.

good that you realise that the rest of my points were accurate and that you are really up shit creek with no sign of any part of a paddle

Milo

Banned
Jul 9, 2021
interesting that the ONLY thing you disagree with is the number of players who have left, a you said 6 first team players - so thats OVER 50% of your first team so im not sure thats any better than 50% of the squad-but thats really splitting hairs-lets agree the bulk of your first team have decided to be anywhere else but Selhurst.

good that you realise that the rest of my points were accurate and that you are really up shit creek with no sign of any part of a paddle

So please explain why we are up shit creak? We have 21 first team players but 3 are injured so that's 18. 4 more signings will prob be made before deadline day. If we had only 8 players I'd agree with you but we don't.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
So please explain why we are up shit creak? We have 21 first team players but 3 are injured so that's 18. 4 more signings will prob be made before deadline day. If we had only 8 players I'd agree with you but we don't.

It’s not the number but the quality ……

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

Eze being out is a real loss. Do you realistically think he'll be back for Jan? I thought a ruptured Achilles was 12 months but if Jan is the expected timescale then I'll take that.
I think the issue with new players at Premier League level, and young ones at that, is that they often take time to settle. Obviously not always, and Eze is an example of that as is Tariq Lamptey. However I'll raise you Alexis MacAllister. A full Argentian international who has taken 18 months to start showing his full potential.
A squad overhaul is obviously what Palace needed and it looks like they are on their way with it but it will be bumpy road ahead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here