Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dann is leaving the club, Ward is a solid, experienced and dependable right back, Reidewald is a class act and now the shackles of Roy have been lifted will flourish. Benteke scored more goals last season than any of your strikers.

As said stick to the facts and you can't lose.

Yet despite that, you insist on ignoring a direct quote from a renowned French journalist, who said Paddy couldn't wait to shackle up a free flowing easy on the eye, Nice team turning them into a hard to beat opposition.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Where do you see Brighton finishing?

Really tough to gauge us tbh.

Pick up from where we left off, and stop missing sitters, then we should be aiming for your perennial 14th - 11th slot.
Fail to convert chances and we'll be fighting relegation again.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
So where do you think Palace will finish this season?

Well my Good Palace mate reckons with all the disruptions, 'happy to stay up, but doubt we will' but his humour came through when he said 'but we will still finish above you ' think to be honest, you will ok, no idea why, you have been an awful side for a while, but somehow manage to get points (Roy's experience?). Can see you being bottom or about 14th as like you, have no idea about signings, style of play. I would say that 99% of neutrals would say that Brighton have a much better squad and potential to finish way above Palace this year and in the future, but I would say that as a fan. Looks at the betting sites, they think that as well, bottom 3 in the all ones I have seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
As said stick to the facts and you can't lose.

Yet despite that, you insist on ignoring a direct quote from a renowned French journalist, who said Paddy couldn't wait to shackle up a free flowing easy on the eye, Nice team turning them into a hard to beat opposition.

Stupid is as stupid does.

ssssshhh!

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Where do you see Brighton finishing?

But difficult to say at the moment, as transfers in and out still happening. I really don't think we will go down as we were superb last year without any luck, bad refs and VAR decisions and Lacking a goal
Scorer. We also had 2 of our best players coming back, March and Lampney), keep
Bissouma, another wing back and a young hungry striker, then can see a top half finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
ssssshhh!

It obviously doesn't matter they would rather glorify their 'stadium' and new found academy than actual point out league position and points.

God help us when much to all our surprise they don't lose their first 8 games.
When they in fact, scrape to a 4 point lead over us, which as we all know is inexplicably like f**kin kryptonite to anyone wearing stripes.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It obviously doesn't matter they would rather glorify their 'stadium' and new found academy than actual point out league position and points.

God help us when much to all our surprise they don't lose their first 8 games.
When they in fact, scrape to a 4 point lead over us, which as we all know is inexplicably like f**kin kryptonite to anyone wearing stripes.
I'm gonna stick my neck out this time and happy for it to be shoved down my throat.

We will comfortably finish above palace this season. We are more settled we have a better squad and a better manager.

I think palace will stay up tho as I think there will be 3 weaker teams than them.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
We have 18 first team players and 3 to come back from injury. To say we have no players is a load of rubbish.

In regards to your point about academies, before you sold White for 50m, we sold AWB to Man Utd for 50m...been there, done that.

How's comes Ben White is the 4th highest English player sold, behind Slab head, Stones, and Sterling? Think you need to get your facts correct and proves any thing else you say will be bullsh1t?

60m you say? The rumour is its an 80m war chest that Patrick has at his disposal :clap2:

Yea of course you have [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Its one opinion, don't believe everything you read on the Internet! Reality is he got them to 5th in his first season, not bad at all. Let's be honest, whoever wrote that article is prob just a bitter Nice fan!

Oh the irony.

Nothing wrong with Tomkins, he's a very good defender, just a bit injury prone.

Nothing wrong with him but he is injury prone.

You are on a wind up and trolling, if you are serious then I suggest you go and get some help, hope you don't have kids..

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
How's comes Ben White is the 4th highest English player sold, behind Slab head, Stones, and Sterling? Think you need to get your facts correct and proves any thing else you say will be bullsh1t?

I seem to recall that reports of the transfer fee ranged from £45m - £50m.
So at worst he's picking the top end of the figures.

Milo

Banned
Jul 9, 2021

Yea of course you have [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Oh the irony.

Nothing wrong with him but he is injury prone.

You are on a wind up and trolling, if you are serious then I suggest you go and get some help, hope you don't have kids..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48782798

50m, been there, done that.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Not really, think we'd stay up with the team we have now.

4-5 more quality signings and we can push for top half.

You haven't seen a single competitive match under your new manager yet.

Even with a couple more solid signings, how can you possibly make the assumption he'll have you pushing top half?

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Lets forget its Palace for a moment, and pretend its just another team. Take our loathing and wishes of failure out of the equation, and see from an unbiased view

Its a team that have recently lost 50% of last years squad, have a new manager who is at best 5th choice, and has had a very mediocre start to his managerial career, with no experience of squad building. They have made a couple of ok signings but appear to be relying on u23s making the step up and provide the backbone of the team

The owners want a new attacking free flowing style of play, totally different from how the team has played before, last time they tried, the manager was sacked after 4 or 5 games before players had a chance to settle in new roles

The fan base is known to be a bit toxic on occasion and very unforgiving or patient.

So with unbiased eyes, do we really think that set up is likley to produce an exciting winning team, safe from even the hint of relegation, or at best can they hope for a transitional year that will see them scrape home if they arent relegated?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Lets forget its Palace for a moment, and pretend its just another team. Take our loathing and wishes of failure out of the equation, and see from an unbiased view

Its a team that have recently lost 50% of last years squad, have a new manager who is at best 5th choice, and has had a very mediocre start to his managerial career, with no experience of squad building. They have made a couple of ok signings but appear to be relying on u23s making the step up and provide the backbone of the team

The owners want a new attacking free flowing style of play, totally different from how the team has played before, last time they tried, the manager was sacked after 4 or 5 games before players had a chance to settle in new roles

The fan base is known to be a bit toxic on occasion and very unforgiving or patient.

So with unbiased eyes, do we really think that set up is likley to produce an exciting winning team, safe from even the hint of relegation, or at best can they hope for a transitional year that will see them scrape home if they arent relegated?

It's impossible to forget it's Palace though isn't it?
I have tried, but the loathing is always there.

As dispassionately as I can be about it all.
Next Season is a big job. An awful lot needs to go right for them to not be fighting relegation all season.

History tells me , they will get away with it again.

Milo

Banned
Jul 9, 2021

Wow, more lies! We haven't lost 50% of our squad, we have lost about 6 first team players.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Wow, more lies! We haven't lost 50% of our squad, we have lost about 6 first team players.

You keep lost 6 first team players so the response has been that you need to replace 6 players with the same or better quality to hold your position. That, you could argue, is worse than half your squad as a good 7 of the 25 will be making up numbers. Taking into account that not all will be successful then you need an additional 8 possibly 9. Premier quality players are few a far between so good luck with that.

If you are such a player are you willing to risk your reputation by joining a club with a new manager ( who has a questionable record), who wasn’t first choice and a squad that needs a minimum of 6 quality players … with the season just 25 days away.

You can add the worse ground in the premier league and mediocre training facilities to the argument. They do matter as we can have been rejected by players for the exact same reasons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Milo

Banned
Jul 9, 2021
You keep lost 6 first team players so the response has been that you need to replace 6 players with the same or better quality to hold your position. That, you could argue, is worse than half your squad as a good 7 of the 25 will be making up numbers. Taking into account that not all will be successful then you need an additional 8 possibly 9. Premier quality players are few a far between so good luck with that.

If you are such a player are you willing to risk your reputation by joining a club with a new manager ( who has a questionable record), who wasn’t first choice and a squad that needs a minimum of 6 quality players … with the season just 25 days away.

You can add the worse ground in the premier league and mediocre training facilities to the argument. They do matter as we can have been rejected by players for the exact same reasons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have lost 6 players, one of which (Clyne) will be resigning by the sound of it.

We have replaced Sakho with Guehi, an outstanding signing.

Townsend has been replaced by Olise, again an upgrade and an outstanding signing.

Dann, Cahill and PVA need replacing and they will be.

In regards to the dig about our ground, hand on heart, you're saying our ground is worse than Watford's or Burnley? ???

Mediocre training facilitates? Again, that is more rubbish that you're spouting.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There is so much positive spinning on this thread that scientists are starting to worry about the Earth's gravitational field.

Lol.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here