Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace face eviction from Selhurst!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You lot losing 9-0 to Liverpool ON THE PITCH is f***ing funny.

You lot losing your home OFF THE PITCH is not.

To be fair, their current home is also f***ing funny - especially as it's supposed to be permanent. They've got a GIANT barn shaped thing at one end which dwarfs the rest of the ground, a super market at the other end (with what look like six rows of deckchairs), and two absolutely SHITHOUSE stands along the side of the pitch, both of which wouldn't look out of place in 1958.

Harley S

Aug 31, 2008
Wouldn't it be strange if Mr Gold ( with Mrs Brady ) took over Palarse when the sale of Birminkam goes though.

Supposidly looked at buying us last time, maybre Palarse this time !!

:ohmy:

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
There are two clear and distinct issues here.

1. The effect this will have on the squad and ultimately their ability to stay in the divison they are in.

2. The Financial health of the club and the risk of bankruptcy.

On point 1 tough shit. They can live with the crap much as we have had to put up with. Any feeling any remors or symapthey just have a look at some threads on the Away Forum on the BBS. There are some real scrotes on there who get away with stuff the mods would not allow here.

On point 2 best wishes to them that this never happens. All football supporters should or would never wish bankruptcy on any other club nver mind their rivals. No rivalry no passion!

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
To be fair, their current home is also f***ing funny - especially as it's supposed to be permanent. They've got a GIANT barn shaped thing at one end which dwarfs the rest of the ground, a super market at the other end (with what look like six rows of deckchairs), and two absolutely SHITHOUSE stands along the side of the pitch, both of which wouldn't look out of place in 1958.

Simster.

Whilst we have a long jump pit, an way end fartther away than Southwick and Portakabins for hospitality I think we should be less critical.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Wouldn't it be strange if Mr Gold ( with Mrs Brady ) took over Palarse when the sale of Birminkam goes though.

Supposidly looked at buying us last time, maybre Palarse this time !!

:ohmy:

I think it's unlikely as the only tangible assets a football club has are it's ground and training facility, neither of which belong to Palarse. Why would anyone want to invest millions in such a club unless they are diehard fan DK, TB etc? If they are evicted they will ground share with Charlton *snigger*, I don't believe that it would be possible for any new owner to build a new ground because (i) the cost of land in sarf lardon (ii) cost of building the ground (iii) inability to get planning permission for the demolition of carvans

I suspect that Gold et al will head for Upton Park ...

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Question to yourself and Little al.

Would you guys be happy to move out of Sellhurst and relocate elsewhere? I think it would make a lot of sense to build a new stadium somewhere like Beddington Lane, Purley way or perhaps Redevelop the Stadium near Arena tram stop? A lot of fans I speak to hate the idea of moving from Selhurst.

I know you have more immediate financial issues to address but personally I think it is imperative to Palace’s long term survival to move into a new stadium where they have more control over revenue streams. I’m sure it would get the full support of Croydon council and that you wouldn’t have any problem getting planning permission. I wonder if the new investors you mention would want to pump money into a club that doesn’t have any real assets?

You can never see your club moving from its spiritual home but i suspect Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Reading, Coventry and Arsenal fans said the exact same thing. Selhurst Park holds many memories good and bad for all Palace fans but if it isn't going to get re-developed and there are many opposing voices when it has been tried before by residents then it may be time to move out and find a new plot of land to build a new one. As to your last question what assets do Brighton have and Tony Bloom came in so there is always someone mate.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
How much sympathy have we had from Palace fans in recent years?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
best of luck to the Palace. I hope that they get things sorted out soon. I owe a debt of gratitude to a Palace fan and I would not want them to come into any serious problems.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
surely the best case scenario here is them getting relagated but not going bust. that way we get to play them home and away next season (we're going nowhere at the moment).

as for them groundsharing somewhere else in london... who on earth would want dirty palace staying with them? their only option would be crawley. at least the fans won't feel out of place.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I must admit, I was expecting you to rip the piss a bit more.

Obviously, there's our "rivalry" but we know first hand what losing your home is like. Alot of people are going to have mixed emotions about it, and I'm sure we've all had a good laugh about it, but then the dust settles and you realise that it doesn't matter who the club is, you don't want the bastards claiming another league ground. I've no doubt that Brighton fans will support Palace if you protest or whatever else.

We're good like that.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I think most people on here remember all too well what it was like losing the Goldstone. We also got plenty of support from Palace fans too.

As others have said, we wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Hope Palace can get it sorted...

Yes I was there against Hartlepools in the North Stand!

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Obviously, there's our "rivalry" but we know first hand what losing your home is like. Alot of people are going to have mixed emotions about it, and I'm sure we've all had a good laugh about it, but then the dust settles and you realise that it doesn't matter who the club is, you don't want the bastards claiming another league ground. I've no doubt that Brighton fans will support Palace if you protest or whatever else.

We're good like that.

As i said it won't come to that but the sentiments are top drawer NE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here