Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace face eviction from Selhurst!

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Who will offer a groundshare though ? Looks to me that Palace will have to go into administration and start again with squad rebuilding. At least new owners will save the club from being wound up and folding.

Trust me it won't go that far, there are people waiting to step in and as i have said before if it has to be administration before they do then so be it

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
SJLM: a) who are these people willing to take over? and b) does your falling out of love with the Dusty Springfield lookalike mean you're going to change your username?

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
SJLM: a) who are these people willing to take over? and b) does your falling out of love with the Dusty Springfield lookalike mean you're going to change your username?

a) I don't know them personally but i have it on good authority that they are there waiting

b) Do you know i might just do that, NMH's Love Monkey sounds good!

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Who will offer a groundshare though ? Looks to me that Palace will have to go into administration and start again with squad rebuilding. At least new owners will save the club from being wound up and folding.

Who would trust us to pay our rent?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Who would trust us to pay our rent?

Gillingham would probably bite your hands off. With Palace evicted from Selhurst , PWC (the administrators of Rock Investments) could sell the site on for redevelopment even though Palace could be under new ownership shortly afterwards.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I will have every sympathy for Palace - so long as it IS serious. If they're just strapped for cash a bit and are after some sympathy (via a friendly journalist) because they can't afford to buy any new players then my response is: "Ha ha ha, tought shit! Get ready for division four!"

However if their future really is on the line then it's more "Bugger me lads, that's bad, wouldn't wish that on anyone. What can we do to help?"

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Thanks to the way they treated us up there after the 5-0 defeat and the total dickheads who've polluted this board recently I hope they plummet down the divisions and end up potless. Seriously-I wish them nothing but failure on and off the pitch.

I don't want them to disappear but I definitely want them to have a few years at the ragged end of football without a pot to piss in. Let's see how smug they'll be then.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Thanks to the way they treated us up there after the 5-0 defeat and the total dickheads who've polluted this board recently I hope they plummet down the divisions and end up potless. Seriously-I wish them nothing but failure on and off the pitch.

I don't want them to disappear but I definitely want them to have a few years at the ragged end of football without a pot to piss in. Let's see how smug they'll be then.

I didn't think i was that bad!! :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not good news and would not wish this on anyone.

Those on this board who rub salt in the wounds should remember our plight and that CPFC has contributed massively to REMF and also went on several of our marches.

This is not in any way a love in just respect.

Last edited:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
a) I don't know them personally but i have it on good authority that they are there waiting

b) Do you know i might just do that, NMH's Love Monkey sounds good!

Question to yourself and Little al.

Would you guys be happy to move out of Sellhurst and relocate elsewhere? I think it would make a lot of sense to build a new stadium somewhere like Beddington Lane, Purley way or perhaps Redevelop the Stadium near Arena tram stop? A lot of fans I speak to hate the idea of moving from Selhurst.

I know you have more immediate financial issues to address but personally I think it is imperative to Palace’s long term survival to move into a new stadium where they have more control over revenue streams. I’m sure it would get the full support of Croydon council and that you wouldn’t have any problem getting planning permission. I wonder if the new investors you mention would want to pump money into a club that doesn’t have any real assets?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I will have every sympathy for Palace - so long as it IS serious. If they're just strapped for cash a bit and are after some sympathy (via a friendly journalist) because they can't afford to buy any new players then my response is: "Ha ha ha, tought shit! Get ready for division four!"

However if their future really is on the line then it's more "Bugger me lads, that's bad, wouldn't wish that on anyone. What can we do to help?"

:thumbsup:

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Why are there so many bleeding hearts on here?

This would wipe the smirk off their faces and expose Jordan for the carotene swigging prick he is.

Palace would survive in one form or another, they could groundshare with Crawley and build a financially viable club from the bottom up, much as Brighton have had to...oh and along the way we have had to put up with their shitty snipes and jibes. It's character building IMO.

If Sunbed Simon can't pay his bills then it's tough shit, live with it, get rid of the ponce and move on. They are a club with a loyal fan base and I certainly don't want to see them disappear forever...but that would never happen.

Just because some of their fans are good lads and lent their support when we were in schtuck does not excuse the the club flouting rules and not paying their debts. I'm sure that loads of Brighton would have no problem doing the same for them if they really were about to collapse because of the rivalry and history, but feel sorry for Jordan? Never. No way. Ever.

They have to live within their means just like everyone else.

Rewind 13 years ago

This would wipe the smirk off their faces and expose Archer for the carotene swigging prick he is.

Brighton would survive in one form or another, they could groundshare with Crawley and build a financially viable club from the bottom up, much as Charlton have had to...oh and along the way we have had to put up with their shitty snipes and jibes. It's character building IMO.

If Arsehole Archer can't pay his bills then it's tough shit, live with it, get rid of the ponce and move on. They are a club with a loyal fan base and I certainly don't want to see them disappear forever...but that would never happen.

Just because some of their fans are good lads and lent their support when we were in schtuck does not excuse the the club flouting rules and not paying their debts. I'm sure that loads of Palace would have no problem doing the same for them if they really were about to collapse because of the rivalry and history, but feel sorry for Archer? Never. No way. Ever.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Not good news and would not wish this on anyone.

Those on this board who rub salt in the wounds should remember our plight and that CPFC has contributed massively to REMF and also went on several of our marches.

This is not in any a love in just respect.

It's true that a few have contributed to REMF and a few have been on the marches-as we would if the situations were reversed (I hope). I do remember our plight but I've also seen how we've had the piss ripped out of us for years by a large number of them (including their stadium announcer-an employee of their club) so I'm delighted to see them having a tough time. I'll be even happier when they get relegated-why wouldn't any Brighton fan? If they find themselves in the same position as we were 12 years ago then I'll do my bit to help but if they have a shit time on the pitch for 12 years it will be great.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
what goes around seems to come around in football,brief encounters with sucsess are often followed by years in the doldrums,i do not for one minute envisage cpfc going out of business but all the signs are there that they are headed for a fall,jordan seems the kind of bloke that would sell his mother a 2nd hand stolen car with no brakes and will no doubt team up with barry hearn to dismantle thier respective clubs as a kind of who can do it 1st wager.

i do not want ANY club to go through what we have as supporters.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Rewind 13 years ago

This would wipe the smirk off their faces and expose Archer for the carotene swigging prick he is.

Brighton would survive in one form or another, they could groundshare with Crawley and build a financially viable club from the bottom up, much as Charlton have had to...oh and along the way we have had to put up with their shitty snipes and jibes. It's character building IMO.

If Arsehole Archer can't pay his bills then it's tough shit, live with it, get rid of the ponce and move on. They are a club with a loyal fan base and I certainly don't want to see them disappear forever...but that would never happen.

Just because some of their fans are good lads and lent their support when we were in schtuck does not excuse the the club flouting rules and not paying their debts. I'm sure that loads of Palace would have no problem doing the same for them if they really were about to collapse because of the rivalry and history, but feel sorry for Archer? Never. No way. Ever.

Your point being?

We suffered because some money grabbing twats ruined the club and you know what? we're back and, I think. stronger for it all. You have to cut out the cancer before you can heal.

We were the victims of Bellotti and Archer and Palace fans will be the victims of Jordan. Shit happens at the end of the day.

I think the way that Palace fans in general have responded to our issues..WITH EXCEPTIONS..has been a f***ing disgrace and therefore let them fight there own... as we have had to.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What's the point of having a rival if you're not playing them on a level playing field? That's what they've always said about us (almost sympathetically) because they're really not interested in having Charlton as rivals, despite having the clowns round the corner - more local and similar gates these days.

Therefore, I'd like to think they'll have a suitable sized ground just as we finally become a proper football club again, even if there's is a complete shithole in comparison with Falmer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here