Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace expecting crowd of 18-19,000...so thats 8,000 empty seats

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There will not be 8000 empty seats. The club are anticipating another sell out at 22,500. Our capacity hasn't been 26k for a few years now. Full capacity is about 25k, and 3 blocks of the Arthur Waite are used as segregation.

You will get 2500 or so tickets, we'll sell the rest, and there will be no tickets left to sell on the door. The police are the reason you are only allowed 2500 tickets, the same number they limited Millwall to.

It will be a sellout like Cardiff.

Just so you know, we've had a sell out 'like Cardiff' for every single league and cup game bar our 1st round games in the lg and FA Cup verses Gillingham and Wrexham respectively which both topped 18k.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Just so you know, we've had a sell out 'like Cardiff' for every single league and cup game bar our 1st round games in the lg and FA Cup verses Gillingham and Wrexham respectively which both topped 18k.

Sunderland wasn't a sell out and Gills was 16k. Still bloody good though.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sunderland wasn't a sell out and Gills was 16k. Still bloody good though.

Oh didn't realise cos i couldn't make Sunderland - think ticket prices were high or something too if i remember correctly. Either way, yes, very good indeed. I think these '3 blocks' of empty seats to seperate the fans will help Palarse a lot cos it will give the impression it's more full than it is.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

I'd fully expect you to. You're in a new league with a lovely new stadium and loads of new fans as you're the only club for miles. Once you've been around this League for 35 years, you've got 712 teams in a 20-mile radius and your stadium starts falling down, talk to me!

Any sort of sellout at Selhurst is a cause for celebration (and admittedly surprise). It's not like we have a small fan base, we've just got a distinctly average sized fan base and a few more that come for big games.

Given a new stadium and winning the League the season before, I'm sure we'd sell out every week too. While your attendances are great at the moment, in the not-too-distant past they really weren't.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
as i got wiser i realised some wanted more than that , bloke i worked for was a top bloke, followed the gunners but also the Albion, took me up to Highbury to see Arsenal v Westham , stood in the clock end and witnessed my first bit of crowd Violence ,bit of a shock but soon got used to it :)

I would have thought that Arsenal v West Ham, especially many years ago, must have been carnage, was it two big mobs or just a few mouthing off?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Any talk of an 'unofficial' block or area in one of the Palace stands that we could adopt and try to get tickets for? If (like the Amex) there is an area always left for general sale, could be turned a bit blue and white for the evening!

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Any talk of an 'unofficial' block or area in one of the Palace stands that we could adopt and try to get tickets for? If (like the Amex) there is an area always left for general sale, could be turned a bit blue and white for the evening!

Please go in the bottom of the holmesdale in the corner and bounce up and down at a different beat to the twats following the drum. Probably confuse the weirdos and hopefully they will put their stick through the drum.

I would be proper peed off if a drummer started up near me. Are the seats cheaper over there because of a) the annoyance factor, b) the fact they are restricted view (unless you are a top draw bouncy chappy)

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Please go in the bottom of the holmesdale in the corner and bounce up and down at a different beat to the twats following the drum. Probably confuse the weirdos and hopefully they will put their stick through the drum.

I would be proper peed off if a drummer started up near me. Are the seats cheaper over there because of a) the annoyance factor, b) the fact they are restricted view (unless you are a top draw bouncy chappy)

Unless you're up for a singy-drummy-bounce you don't sit in Block B. Everyone in that corner is up for it, and it's the first block to sell out every week.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Perhaps many of their fans are not as obsessed with us as we seem to be with them?
One of the most sensible comments on this thread . The trouble we are having is to get a ticket you must have previous booking history , stopping the casual fans coming or potd . You seem to be having the same problem selling your allocation through the same strict criteria , As i have said on another thread the police have a big say on this , believe it or not , and imo they are spoiling matchdays with there heavy handedness ( as you will find out )

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
LOL You call our Support Tinpot Yet youve only sold 500 Tickets :clap:

They've got a mental system in place. Pretty much you need to have been to every game from 4 months before you were born to get enough give-Brighton-money points, which is why they've not sold many.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
There will not be 8000 empty seats. The club are anticipating another sell out at 22,500. Our capacity hasn't been 26k for a few years now. Full capacity is about 25k, and 3 blocks of the Arthur Waite are used as segregation.

You will get 2500 or so tickets, we'll sell the rest, and there will be no tickets left to sell on the door. The police are the reason you are only allowed 2500 tickets, the same number they limited Millwall to.

It will be a sellout like Cardiff.

the police are the reason????is that why they are letting leeds have even more potd,with their rep ?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
the police are the reason????is that why they are letting leeds have even more potd,with their rep ?

Leeds were fine at the end of last season. We won 1-0 and they were quite pleasant and very loud all the way through.

Brighton vs Palace is clearly a much more... errr... delicate affair.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
But that comment is surely inconsistent that they haven't sold out, and neither have we.

SOME of their fans have the rivalry as their number one issue, just as do SOME of ours, but judging by the thousands who f***ed off before the end of the match at the Amex to get home early rather than get behind the Albion, not ALL of them.

You do talk some tosh at times El Pres. They took a 2 goal lead in the 90th minute and we left in droves and I was one of them. Get behind the Albion for the final 2 minutes of a game we had lost....... stop talking rot.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I walked out of The Amex at 2-1 in that game because I couldn't bear the thought of being there when the final whistle went and them celebrating. You're obviously on a wind-up, but I just wanted to point out the mass departure was almost certainly because people do care rather than they don't. It's still the only few minutes of football I've missed at The Amex, and I wouldn't leave at 2-1 down to anybody else.

Fair enough.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
If Palace sell out at Selhurst then fair play to them and their decision to send us the minimum amount of tickets will have been justified. However, looking at their turnout for Millwall (15,000 of which 2.5k were Millwall) and West Ham (20,000 of which 4.5k were W.Ham) then this looks very unlikely.

They seem to play around with their own capacity to suit themselves - is it 26k or 22.5 ? This is what is causing the problem with Albion fans - many people wanting tickets wont get them and their is likely to be thousands of empty seats available on the night.

A bit tinpot wouldn't you say ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here