Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace expecting crowd of 18-19,000...so thats 8,000 empty seats

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
They are just a small time club going no where. I expect to see them in the bottom two divs for many years soon, they just have not got the fans to support them in the top two divs.
You're right , how can we compete with the mighty weed now. Oh well roll on the 31st and maybe we can match you on the pitch .

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
They are just a small time club going no where. I expect to see them in the bottom two divs for many years soon, they just have not got the fans to support them in the top two divs.

Talking of small time clubs and fans, I see the pre Bloom years are still fresh in your mind then

D

Deleted member 2719

You're right , how can we compete with the mighty weed now. Oh well roll on the 31st and maybe we can match you on the pitch .

You may well get through this season but with your ailing fanbase, your like a deadman walking.There is no expectation from me for 3 points on the 31st, you must be favorites so it's yours to lose.

D

Deleted member 2719

Talking of small time clubs and fans, I see the pre Bloom years are still fresh in your mind then

You probably find this hard to believe but our capacity was restricted by planning so our fanbase was always going to be smaller at Withdean. However i didn't realise you had issues with planning not to be able to get bigger crowds in the 2nd tier of the english league at scumhurst.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
i hate palace , i will always hate palace , and the palace fans coming on here only makes me hate them more ...
sorry dad hate is a bit too strong i know, it´s only football after all, but it is palace :
despite being born in Croydon : you never told me to a "be a palace fan"
you took me to watch a decent team and i loved you for that.
GOSBTS!

Tui

May 3, 2009
With so many Brighton in the home ends I'd expect a gate of around 22k. Giving us 2'500 is piss poor when they can't sell out there games.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
i hate palace , i will always hate palace , and the palace fans coming on here only makes me hate them more ...
sorry dad hate is a bit too strong i know, it´s only football after all, but it is palace :
despite being born in Croydon : you never told me to a "be a palace fan"
you took me to watch a decent team and i loved you for that.
GOSBTS!
AAAAANNNNDDDDDD relax .

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
With so many Brighton in the home ends I'd expect a gate of around 22k. Giving us 2'500 is piss poor when they can't sell out there games.

The home ends will be blue and white, but at the moment it's members and season ticket holders only for the home stands. Anyone know when they will be on 'general sale' to the masses?

Jan 12, 2012
The home ends will be blue and white, but at the moment it's members and season ticket holders only for the home stands. Anyone know when they will be on 'general sale' to the masses?

The mass ranks of Gus's army will march up the A 23 and take over Selhurst,what a sight that will be !
Gay Pride all over again, don't forget your whistles girls !!!!

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Ah monkey , not like your witty outpourings on the bbs , but getting there. Marvellous fayre !

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
ANYONE who thinks the football club they support makes them a better person than another person, or the attendances that said football club generate make the club 'better' than that of a rival is (IMO) a complete spacktard.

Let's not forget than less than four years ago we were playing to sub 4,500 attendances at Withdean. Part of the reason was that it was a shitheap, Selhurst (and I am sure Palace fans would agree) is also a shitheap, and that contributes towards moderate attendances there too.

Yawn. One person constantly moaning about something the majority are clearly happy to discuss is what id call a spacktard. And I cant remember any sub 4.5k league crowds at withdean

Last edited:

All cos their fans who couldn't sell Withdean out moaned that they 'only' got 2,500 tickets at our always PACKED new stadium. Shame on them - prob scared of the 7k we'd take if offered... Joke.

c'mon, when have we ever taken 7k away midweek?( from memory i'd say a certain Thursday in May 1983?) yes we could sell more than 2,500, but it's expensive, it's january, I believe those that really want to go will get in, I'm not gonna bother applying, as I've already stated in another thread I'm sorted in the home end, and as i'm not a pissed up teenager (i'm a pissed up fortysomethin) i've got no intention of drawing attention to myself (BTW yes I will cheer if we score, but I wont milk it, rub their noses in it or call Murray a ****, although he is one)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Ah monkey , not like your witty outpourings on the bbs , but getting there. Marvellous fayre !

Thanks Dougie, but in all sincerity, any idea when home tickets will be on general sale for Palace fans, as opposed to just members and season ticket holders? Tks.

Jan 12, 2012
Thanks Dougie, but in all sincerity, any idea when home tickets will be on general sale for Palace fans, as opposed to just members and season ticket holders? Tks.

Tickets wont go on general sale, you must have a booking history.
Also there will be 400 Met Police in attendance, the biggest (overkill ) police presence at Selhurst.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
You may well get through this season but with your ailing fanbase, your like a deadman walking.There is no expectation from me for 3 points on the 31st, you must be favorites so it's yours to lose.

with there shit home record and our crap away record, it has either a 0-0 or a 4-4 written all over it....shame half the ground will be empty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here