Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace expecting crowd of 18-19,000...so thats 8,000 empty seats

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Perhaps many of their fans are not as obsessed with us as we seem to be with them?

Why do you constantly demean the way that our fans feel about our rivalry with Palace? Typified with your ongoin sniping when people have a jestful pop at their attendances, somehthing we've had from them for years.

It is blatantly obvious from here and their board, and the home match that it is a big deal to them and us.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Perhaps many of their fans are not as obsessed with us as we seem to be with them?

Could be fishing but not so sure with you. To defend the indefensible is bad enough but to do it when it's palarse is a joke. You need to look up what a rivalry is - if anything all their ffs murray and t-shirts banner after the game etc suggest s they're the ones with an obsession rather than a healthy rivalry...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It is blatantly obvious from here and their board, and the home match that it is a big deal to them and us.

But that comment is surely inconsistent that they haven't sold out, and neither have we.

SOME of their fans have the rivalry as their number one issue, just as do SOME of ours, but judging by the thousands who f***ed off before the end of the match at the Amex to get home early rather than get behind the Albion, not ALL of them.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
How many threads on Palace tickets do you want? It will be a sell out, now please stop f***ing moaning.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Could be fishing but not so sure with you. To defend the indefensible is bad enough but to do it when it's palarse is a joke. You need to look up what a rivalry is - if anything all their ffs murray and t-shirts banner after the game etc suggest s they're the ones with an obsession rather than a healthy rivalry...

I know what the rivalry means, I spent £835 buying Paul McShane's shirt from the last time we played there. However, all I am pointing out is that there is a generation of people who don't share those views.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
ffs ,we havent even sold our allocation,get a grip

Are you being serious? We haven't sold our allocation beacuse only about 10% of those that want to go fit the criteria to get a ticket at the mo?! We'd easily take somewhere between 5k - 10k for this ifeveryone who wanted to go got a ticket.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
but judging by the thousands who f***ed off before the end of the match at the Amex to get home early rather than get behind the Albion, not ALL of them.
Only a complete cretin could suggest that the emptying of the Amex at the end of a resounding home defeat to our arch rivals with all it's transport problems, was evidence that this rivalry wasn't the number one issue.

I seem to remember some trying to get out after an hour at the 5-0 in 2002. I guess this sizeable chunk of the SIX THOUSAND travelling support acting like that meant they didn't care too?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why do you constantly demean the way that our fans feel about our rivalry with Palace? Typified with your ongoin sniping when people have a jestful pop at their attendances, somehthing we've had from them for years.

I know what the rivalry means, I spent £835 buying Paul McShane's shirt from the last time we played there. However, all I am pointing out is that there is a generation of people who don't share those views.

You pointed it out in a way that supports them and snipes at Albion. You knew exactly how you were wording it and you often do that for a reaction i reckon.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Only a complete cretin could suggest that the emptying of the Amex at the end of a resounding home defeat to our arch rivals with all it's transport problems, was evidence that this rivalry wasn't the number one issue.

I seem to remember some trying to get out after an hour at the 5-0 in 2002. I guess this sizeable chunk of the SIX THOUSAND travelling support acting like that meant they didn't care too?

Beat me to it - surely he's fishing though?!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You pointed it out in a way that supports them and snipes at Albion. You knew exactly how you were wording it and you often do that for a reaction i reckon.

How does it snipe at the Albion?

It bores the pants off me when people sing 'stand up if you hate Palace' every f***ing game, I would rather get behind the Albion than go on about that lot.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

People walked out at 2-1, I don't call that resounding.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells

Thank you, it really isn't that hard to grasp unless you are just being a TIT

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
... but judging by the thousands who f***ed off before the end of the match at the Amex to get home early rather than get behind the Albion, not ALL of them.

But NOT this.

People left early from that game because they DID care, not because they DIDN'T. It was too f***ing painful for many people to watch the players' limp capitulation in the last 15 minutes, in a game which clearly meant a whole lot more to us than it did to them.

Had that game been against ANYONE else, less people would have sloped off, IMO.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
how do you suggest that we get behind the Albion? Is it not all a package? Does it really BORE you ? FFS, it's all part of going to football

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
However, all I am pointing out is that there is a generation of people who don't share those views.

We all but lost a whole generation of supporters during the demise of the Goldstone, the exodus to Gillingham and the elongated period at the worst ground in the football league. Combined with there being only the briefest of skirmishes with Palace during that period, it's entirely natural that, for some, the bitterness of the rivalry may need some 'refreshing' but I think a very good start in that process was made earlier this season.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How does it snipe at the Albion?

It bores the pants off me when people sing 'stand up if you hate Palace' every f***ing game, I would rather get behind the Albion than go on about that lot.

It's a snipe cos you're suggesting 'Albion fans' are obsessed with the palace rivalry. Most aren't atall but it's a rivalry that's there. Most are obsessed with all things BHA ya?

PS - I do like having a constructed debate with you cos you never get nasty or result to name calling or arrogance - that is a compliment to you, although we disagree on a lot :thumbsup:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
According to their website 2500 tickets to Brighton fans on police advice apparently. Also as they will be seating us in the Arthur Wank stand there will be 3 empty blocks between us and them as a safety buffer.

I know for a fact that the police would be happy with us having the whole stand with a buffer at each corner which would be approximately double the allocation we have.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
But NOT this.

People left early from that game because they DID care, not because they DIDN'T. It was too f***ing painful for many people to watch the players' limp capitulation in the last 15 minutes, in a game which clearly meant a whole lot more to us than it did to them.

Had that game been against ANYONE else, less people would have sloped off, IMO.

I don't think it meant a lot less to them than us atall? Judging by their fans reaction online (FFS Murray / t-shirts / a banner at the WHam game directed at us etc etc) it meant a lot to them - pathetic as most of it was...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here