Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace expecting crowd of 18-19,000...so thats 8,000 empty seats

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
But NOT this.

People left early from that game because they DID care, not because they DIDN'T. It was too f***ing painful for many people to watch the players' limp capitulation in the last 15 minutes, in a game which clearly meant a whole lot more to us than it did to them.

Had that game been against ANYONE else, less people would have sloped off, IMO.

I agree that it means more to 'us' (again some of us rather than all) and perhaps this explains why they would rather spend their money on other things.

It's hypocritical to moan about the attendance when we haven't sold out our own allocation yet.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I agree that it means more to 'us' (again some of us rather than all) and perhaps this explains why they would rather spend their money on other things.

It's hypocritical to moan about the attendance when we haven't sold out our own allocation yet.

Actually, when I said 'meant more to us than THEM', the THEM referred to our players.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

We'd have sold our allocation in a matter of hours if it was a free for all and you know that! The original margin for purchasing loyalty points wise (2,300 odd wasnt it maybe even more) would only contain xhundred people and same as it goes further down (reduced by about 20 points each time or whatever it is). We'd have sold the allocation 2 or 3 times over easily...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I don't think it meant a lot less to them than us atall? Judging by their fans reaction online (FFS Murray / t-shirts / a banner at the WHam game directed at us etc etc) it meant a lot to them - pathetic as most of it was...

I think he meant that it meant a lot more to us the fans than our players.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's a snipe cos you're suggesting 'Albion fans' are obsessed with the palace rivalry. Most aren't atall but it's a rivalry that's there. Most are obsessed with all things BHA ya?

PS - I do like having a constructed debate with you cos you never get nasty or result to name calling or arrogance - that is a compliment to you, although we disagree on a lot :thumbsup:

I agree that the rivalry is important, Palace is the first result I check on each match and if they lose it is happy days all round.

The #ffs Murray was a bit two bob, but no better or worse than the commemorative Paul McShane shirts after the ginger Irish ex player of the year scored at Selhurst.

Being obsessed with all things BHA is a major part of my life, as I am sure it is yours.

BUT when we are away at Hartlepool, or Walsall or wherever, I personally want to hear songs about that Albion, rather than Palace.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Actually, when I said 'meant more to us than THEM', the THEM referred to our players.

Ah that clarify's my point. It always will on the whole though whoever is playing for us.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I agree that the rivalry is important, Palace is the first result I check on each match and if they lose it is happy days all round.

The #ffs Murray was a bit two bob, but no better or worse than the commemorative Paul McShane shirts after the ginger Irish ex player of the year scored at Selhurst.

Being obsessed with all things BHA is a major part of my life, as I am sure it is yours.

BUT when we are away at Hartlepool, or Walsall or wherever, I personally want to hear songs about that Albion, rather than Palace.

Wouldn't disagree with any of that post...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
But NOT this.

People left early from that game because they DID care, not because they DIDN'T. It was too f***ing painful for many people to watch the players' limp capitulation in the last 15 minutes, in a game which clearly meant a whole lot more to us than it did to them.

Had that game been against ANYONE else, less people would have sloped off, IMO.

Hammer on head.

I even felt like (tho didnt) walking out when they equalised as it was NAILED on that they would get the winner - which they then did and then when it fell to FFS Murray to make it three - I finally did walk out.

Awful awful awful.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
But that comment is surely inconsistent that they haven't sold out, and neither have we.

But some of us ex superfans have to wait until next thursday to buy one, so I am glad we havent sold out yet!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Ah that clarify's my point. It always will on the whole though whoever is playing for us.

Hmm dont know about this.

Dougie KNEW what it meant to the fans having been part of what 2, 3 maybe 4 derby games? He got The Palace players fired up alright.

Gus DIDN'T. I just hope to f*** he has learned now its NOT Southampton its PALACE.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Hammer on head.

I even felt like (tho didnt) walking out when they equalised as it was NAILED on that they would get the winner - which they then did and then when it fell to FFS Murray to make it three - I finally did walk out.

Awful awful awful.

Just goes to show that you are not really obessesed with beating Palace

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Wouldn't disagree with any of that post...

I know I am a contrary sod, but it doesn't mean I dislike Palace any more or less than many others in terms of their results.

I know this is flamable, but I don't take it the rivalry any further than that, and personally believe that we have more in common with most Palace fans in terms of experience and expectations than we do with United/Arsenal/Rentboys/Bindippers or any other Premiership plastics.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

Whilst I agree that some of your postings seem carefully drafted to 'belittle' the passion we have against the slugs - I do agree with you on this one.

I find it painful to hear some one droning on about 'shooting the Palace scum' endlessly. zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

We used to sing its only [n] games to Palace in the run up which I thought was good to fuel the hype. but the stand up chant is quite pathetic. In some ways it is more a tribute to them than any insult of derogation of them.

Maybe I am biased but I lived through the bad old days and saw many 'skirmishes' which if they were to be repeated in this day and age would frighten many a new fan away from football forever. I wonder how many really knwo what it was all about.

In summary lets get the hype going in the few games before to hype it up but then lets not tarnish the atmos at the Amex after that.

Excuse the rambling.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hmm dont know about this.

Dougie KNEW what it meant to the fans having been part of what 2, 3 maybe 4 derby games? He got The Palace players fired up alright.

Gus DIDN'T. I just hope to f*** he has learned now its NOT Southampton its PALACE.

My mate told me this the other day and i hadn't heard it anywhere and he has a rep for over exagerating and bullshitting... But he said Gus' interview after the Saints game he said something like 'beating Southampton - it's the perfect start to the year - there couldn't be a better start except maybe beating Palace' - If someone could confirm or deny that be great...

If he has said that maybe he's learning?!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
My mate told me this the other day and i hadn't heard it anywhere and he has a rep for over exagerating and bullshitting... But he said Gus' interview after the Saints game he said something like 'beating Southampton - it's the perfect start to the year - there couldn't be a better start except maybe beating Palace' - If someone could confirm or deny that be great...

If he has said that maybe he's learning?!

He did indeed say that.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Are you being serious? We haven't sold our allocation beacuse only about 10% of those that want to go fit the criteria to get a ticket at the mo?! We'd easily take somewhere between 5k - 10k for this ifeveryone who wanted to go got a ticket.

serious,we didnt sell out last 2 away days to their gaff,this will be no different

Jan 30, 2008
Only a complete cretin could suggest that the emptying of the Amex at the end of a resounding home defeat to our arch rivals with all it's transport problems, was evidence that this rivalry wasn't the number one issue.

I seem to remember some trying to get out after an hour at the 5-0 in 2002. I guess this sizeable chunk of the SIX THOUSAND travelling support acting like that meant they didn't care too?
yeah, but they wanted to get out for a reason .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here