Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owen to Brighton 5/6 on Skybet

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Hahaha, OK. Just thought you might have spoken to Owen himself is all, sing you're saying he wants it to happen. Club officials, is it? Is that a steward? :facepalm: Brilliant.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Well I've been told by club officials amongst other respected sources that is very likely to happen.

do you work for skybet?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
What a load of f***ing shit, so Owen wants to give up his Chesire aboad and his horsies to help Bloom out and play in a newly promoted Championship side for a meagre 6.5k a week. Get real. f***ing hell. Give me one decent reason why he would!?

this with bells on.

Owen reported to be worth 40 million - If his assets are gathering interest at 5% P.A he would make 2 million in interest alone.

So we pay him 10K a week or half a million a year, to travel all the way down here to sweat and toil playing championship footie, when he could sit on his arse and earn 4 times as much in interest alone.......

come on.....surely not :dunce:

"It doesn`t frustrate me(starting so few games).If I was at a smaller club then I`d never be involved in any big games.At least here at United I`ve got a chance of playing in them" Quote from Michael Owen from `click Manchester` regarding Saturdays game. Maybe not then eh? Although I have heard he`s partial to a `Butternut squash and coriander pie`!!

Last edited:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Get real. f***ing hell. Give me one decent reason why he would!?

I agree it's very unlikely - but, there MIGHT be one posssible reason. Mnay footballers, as well as loving the money, love playing football, and the more intelligent ones realise that one day they ain't gonna be playing any more. If Michael Owen realises he's not going to be able to play in the Prem any longer (he's not getting any quicker!), he MIGHT just decide that another couple of seasons at a lower level is better than just stopping playing. £6.5K a week isn't going to kill him - I'm sure he could rub along on that.

Having said that, I still don't think it's very likely he'll come down here.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
If we build it, he will come...

We have built the Field of Dreams. So he's definately coming.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Michael Owen has to keep his options open. Whats gonna happen when Fergie tells him he's not needed next season unless he wants to play in the MUFC reserves on a pay as you play deal ? Perhaps the signing on fee of a couple of racehorses might be the sweetener.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
First off it's not going to happen for so many reasons. But if did, would be the kind of player could break the 6.5k 7.5k budget for. If Marcus Bent or Glenn Murray were on 15k a week it would seriously piss other players off but one of England's best ever strikers (all be it past that stage by a long way) would surely be a different case. 20k a week would just about be covered by the extra shirts, bums on seats, sponsorship etc. and players should understand. Quite why he'd bother is beyond me unless looking at second home here for races, expanding that side of his interests, looking at coaching and things after the game.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Strong rumour that he is signing?....What's the chances this was started by Tony and he has chucked a huge wonga that he does'nt sign for us....just a thought!

BHA1983

May 25, 2011
Regardless of whether or not this is a likely move for Owen (which it isn't at all) the thought of him playing for us is absolutely cracking - a forty-goal international striker? We'd all love him!

I reckon he's better than Barnes as well!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here