Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oven Cleaner

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Being the loving and caring hubby that I am, our self cleaning oven, which clearly does not self clean, requires cleaning.

Today I am going to purchase some oven cleaner for my lovely wife to use when she gets in from work, can anyone recommend a good oven cleaner and from where i can purchase said item (preferably a tescos / sainsburys etc)

All replies (however daft and ridiculous!) very much appreciated :thumbsup:

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
This does a great job for me

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347870021.980457.jpg

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Hitony, do you seriously require a thread for this? Any idiot knows you go to shops and go to the cleaning dept and buy some. Heavens above man.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
One job in the house I refuse to do - get it professionally cleaned - it will come up like new and cost you about 50 quid - I get ours done once or twice a year - and it's a double oven and he does the hob too for me - brilliant x well worth the money and no burning of skin or nasty smells in the house x

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
One job in the house I refuse to do - get it professionally cleaned - it will come up like new and cost you about 50 quid - I get ours done once or twice a year - and it's a double oven and he does the hob too for me - brilliant x well worth the money and no burning of skin or nasty smells in the house x

This is exactly what I would have said....but without the kisses from me.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

Having just looked at your posting rate on here, I doubt you have time to do anything around the house!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

No in all seriousness, I do have a mate who does it for a living and could no doubt get him to do it at a knock down price, but in all fairness it really does not warrant that, I just want to buy a decent oven cleaner and bow down to the better knowledge of the good people on NSC.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Having just looked at your posting rate on here, I doubt you have time to do anything around the house!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

No in all seriousness, I do have a mate who does it for a living and could no doubt get him to do it at a knock down price, but in all fairness it really does not warrant that, I just want to buy a decent oven cleaner and bow down to the better knowledge of the good people on NSC.

Lol I think you know I do most things round my house!!! And my housework is always done x

Mr muscle is good but becareful with it - I once used it and it ran down my arm and burnt my arm really bad - so just becareful as you know what your like with little accidents x

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I get that job too. Just a tip - you can use any of those spray cleaners, but warm the oven first. Turn it off and when it's still warm but safe not to burn you - then use the spray quickly and shut the oven.

Leave for an hour and the job is so much easier.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here