Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oven Cleaner

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I have just booked a bloke to come to my house on Thursday to clean my oven.

I am a filthy sod have have not cleaned it properly in 5 years. He tells me that for £49 my double oven, including racking will look like new.

If it's any good I will let you know

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Chuck it and buy a proper self-cleaning oven.

I have a couple of Siemens activeClean ovens - activeClean sets the oven to 500c and burns all the crap off in 2 hours, whilst you catch up with some sport. Quick sweep out after with a dustpan and brush and a wipe over with a cloth, job done. Less than 2 minutes of effort required.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
One job in the house I refuse to do - get it professionally cleaned - it will come up like new and cost you about 50 quid - I get ours done once or twice a year - and it's a double oven and he does the hob too for me - brilliant x well worth the money and no burning of skin or nasty smells in the house x

Do they slide it out of position and clean round the sides and back too?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I have just booked a bloke to come to my house on Thursday to clean my oven.

I am a filthy sod have have not cleaned it properly in 5 years. He tells me that for £49 my double oven, including racking will look like new.

If it's any good I will let you know

Thanks, but if your location is true, the guy will have around a 230 mile trip to me :) (I live in South Wales :thumbsup: )

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Oven priding as we speak. It's a bit of a pain to be honest and I've heard of "oven bombs" which are better but never found them.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Chuck it and buy a proper self-cleaning oven.

I have a couple of Siemens activeClean ovens - activeClean sets the oven to 500c and burns all the crap off in 2 hours, whilst you catch up with some sport. Quick sweep out after with a dustpan and brush and a wipe over with a cloth, job done. Less than 2 minutes of effort required.

In fairness it's not really that bad, its about 7 years old and has never been properly cleaned apart from a wipe out after useage, but yesterday we cooked a chicken in it and i just noticed it could probably do with a decent proper clean, but it really does not warrant a guy to come round and do it.

Not being very clued up on oven cleaners I thought i would ask on here for any suggestions.

That Oven Pride does look good but from what i can see its been recalled as some kid drank some or something like that, its been recalled because of the caps to the bottle i think??? i know tescos arnt doing it at present anyway!

And thanks to everyone for there suggestions, yes even you [MENTION=5707]Nibble[/MENTION] :lol:

Cheers Guys :thumbsup:

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
What store did you get it from? see my post above about it being recalled.

Asda about 6-12 months ago.

If you can find the bombs, they explode covering the whole oven in cleaning fluid, rather than manually having to spread it around with a cloth.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It did me as well :lol:

Welcome to my oven cleaning thread by the way, hope you enjoy it :thumbsup:

I never had any doubt.

A tip for the easier but no less unpleasant task of cleaning your microwave oven: Cut a lemon in half, stick half into a bowl of boiling water, whack it in the mw on full for 3 mins. Remove and a paper towel will wipe away all and any dirt nomatter how stubborn. It really works a treat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here