Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oven Cleaner

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
10 molar hydrochloric acid works but it also tends to melt the oven itself too !!!
But if you do acquire some and no longeR want I'm sure the Animal Liberation front will take it off your hands for target practice.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Being the loving and caring hubby that I am, our self cleaning oven, which clearly does not self clean, requires cleaning.

Today I am going to purchase some oven cleaner for my lovely wife to use when she gets in from work, can anyone recommend a good oven cleaner and from where i can purchase said item (preferably a tescos / sainsburys etc)

All replies (however daft and ridiculous!) very much appreciated :thumbsup:

Oven pride Update - grills looking good in the bag. Oven doesn't look so good. With that one it instructed that I put 1/4 of the liquid in and use a cloth to cover the oven.

Being the impatient twat that I am I tried to speed things along inside the oven with Mr Muscle oven cleaner spray. This smells more but you can at least know you have covered. TIp - don't wear shorts - even a little excess spray on your thighs (squatting to spray innit) burns even after a shower.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
If it is actually a self-cleaning oven and you spray oven cleaner on it you stand a good chance of f***ing up the lining of the oven - we did it once with a self-cleaning oven and had to replace it.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Oven pride Update - grills looking good in the bag. Oven doesn't look so good. With that one it instructed that I put 1/4 of the liquid in and use a cloth to cover the oven.

Being the impatient twat that I am I tried to speed things along inside the oven with Mr Muscle oven cleaner spray. This smells more but you can at least know you have covered. TIp - don't wear shorts - even a little excess spray on your thighs (squatting to spray innit) burns even after a shower.

Another tip, don't mix cleaning products they can react to release highly toxic gases!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
used Big D on big catering ovens for years,nothing you buy at the supermarket comes close to this stuff

HYG026.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wait. Ovens need cleaning? :ohmy:

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I used this Oven Cleaning Worthing | Worthing West Sussex Oven Cleaners - bit pricier than those cans of stuff they sell in the supermarket but I was able to sit down for a couple of hours, reading the paper and watching the cricket while the bloke did an excellent job cleaning my oven.

I have used this guy - brilliant but the Oven Cleaning King in Worthing is really good too! Really nice guy - I don't care what jobs I have to do in the house but cleaning the oven is such a crappy job and after burning my arm once when the Mr Muscle ran down my arm I said I wasn't doing it again - I normally have mine done just before the mother in law arrives for her annual visit!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here