Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our club's reputation going downhill fast?

Lush

Mods' Pet
* 2 players sent off in first 12 minutes on Saturday
* 1 player not able to take part as banged up for driving while banned for drunk driving
* Gus's controversial statements about racism in support of Suarez
* Worst disciplinary record in Championship

Must be taking the shine off all the PR about being a friendly club with a lovely new welcoming stadium. Good job we accumulated all those nice club/nice fans points during the Falmer campaigning years.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
* 1 player not able to take part as banged up for driving while banned for drunk driving

Must be taking the shine off all the PR about being a friendly club with a lovely new welcoming stadium. Good job we accumulated all those nice club/nice fans points during the Falmer campaigning years.

i don't think we're as bad as the fa, opposing fans and some of those cards which were *spurious* i shall say, claim us to be.

the fans certainly aren't unwelcoming either.

the thing is people will automatically assume all of those yellow cards was for a really bad foul, and each of the reds was for right hooking someone, and this does my head in, when people tarnish your reputation because of the way things are perceived...According to that card count our players are violent > our manager is violent > our fans are violent. that's just how it goes.

and all it takes is some twit like that [MENTION=15976]CPFC[/MENTION] to not read the fine print, and make it look a lot worse than it is.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

And we're all gay. Apparently.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
i don't think we're as bad as the fa, opposing fans and some of those cards which were *spurious* i shall say, claim us to be.

I do not think we're a dirty team but we are certainly petulant. And it seems to be top down. Gus always seems to have a head of steam during the game and Tanno has god knows how many yellow cards and a red from just 9 games. Hardly a shining example. Gus needs to accept we have a problem first, then he might do something about it.

DanSeagull

Jun 10, 2009
Who's banged up for driving on a ban?

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
I do not think we're a dirty team but we are certainly petulant. And it seems to be top down. Gus always seems to have a head of steam during the game and Tanno has god knows how many yellow cards and a red from just 9 games. Hardly a shining example. Gus needs to accept we have a problem first, then he might do something about it.

i would like to know where said attitude was last season...it was only painter and greer getting reds back then.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Jara Reyes, that is why he missed Saturday as he was arrested on the way to the ground

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
lol and a largish thread on reyes .....reputation pfft...most of it is undeserved...i'm not going into poyets comments that been discussed b4....but we r hardly a team of cloggers...and most of the sending off's r debatable to say the least

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
On the contrary.

I think our club's reputation is going uphill fast. Big raucous crowds, fantastic stadium, brilliant manager (with a bit of fire), Premiership playoff contenders, etc etc

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
i would like to know where said attitude was last season...it was only painter and greer getting reds back then.
We were winning games then, now that we're not having it all quite our own way the hot-headedness is more contagious, so I think Tubby might have a point. It's off the subject of this thread but it's a point worth bearing in mind for all those who think that 'passion' is an essential attribute for an England manager.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
the thing is people will automatically assume all of those yellow cards was for a really bad foul, and each of the reds was for right hooking someone

Do they?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here