Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our club's reputation going downhill fast?

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011

i've seen a lot of people comment that it's disgraceful that we're so dirty. Mainly on the argus website, but then I live with a west ham fan, too, who assumes that every yellow card was for a horrendous foul.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Couldn't give a f*** personally.

Gus is building a PROPER football club from the top down. A few minor blemishes makes naff all difference as long as we are competeing and ultimately, some time in the future, pushing for promotion.

ants4t

Jun 17, 2011
I think a large majority of our cards have been our players trying to get used to the championship. Dunk poor discipline can be explained by the number of times he has had to take one for the team as other teams worked out how to stop our passing game.

Our arrogance I think is partly tongue in cheek, other teams dont see the funny side of it. We are the ultimate underdog. Last season we had some twat say we need to keep up with them, and we ran with it. The AMEX came alive when we were up against it, cos that what us Seagulls do, thats our history.

Jara isnt our issue, his major offense was when he was at WBA.

Gus... he can do whatever he likes. I dont think his comments were racist, bit ill judged and perhaps didn't need to get involved. But that is him.

As for us all being gay, I love my city and I have never been embarrassed to say I am from Brighton. The stick that comes with that I take like a man.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Jara isnt our issue, his major offense was when he was at WBA.

This is debatable. Courts/judges do not take too kindly to being ignored.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
* 2 players sent off in first 12 minutes on Saturday
* 1 player not able to take part as banged up for driving while banned for drunk driving
* Gus's controversial statements about racism in support of Suarez
* Worst disciplinary record in Championship

Must be taking the shine off all the PR about being a friendly club with a lovely new welcoming stadium. Good job we accumulated all those nice club/nice fans points during the Falmer campaigning years.

Good!

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Let's not start trying to get the sympathy vote or playing the victim and making people hate us more though.

Last edited:

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
I don't really care what others think. If our indiscipline starts to interfere with our ability to play good football Gus wil no doubt have to deal with it . My only worry is that as a team, the players are displaying Gus and Tann's passion in the wrong way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here