Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Other new stadiums being built at the moment

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Incidentally, while we're on the subject, Rotherham appear to have finally sorted out a site for a new stadium back in the town this week.

A club that got shafted by a hated former owner over their crumbling but much-loved old home, having to move out of town, and ending up squatting at a crappy, unatmospheric athletics stadium with the crowd miles away from the pitch.

Must be terrible for them....

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
So basically a modern lower leagues club stadium is around the size of a Tesco? So why the f**k did it take 10 years for us to get a stadium when Tesco (and all the other shed retailers) are popping up like mushrooms all over the place. It still makes me seeth that we've had to wait so long.

Attachments

• ground.JPG
    ground.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 603

"The pitch complies with FIFA regulations, so the stadium can host INTERNATIONAL matches"

Ha ha ha.
All pitches, even park pitches, have to comply with FIFA regs!

According to FIFA, for international games, you need to have a capacity in excess of 50,000:eek:

This is only going to hold 10,000:facepalm:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Looking pretty good I reckon.

So much better than other 10,000 seater stadiums recently built.

Attachments

• newphoto.jpg
    newphoto.jpg
    416.4 KB · Views: 490

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

sotonseagull

Feb 8, 2008
southampton
only 10k they obviously havent got much ambition, yeh in the video they talk about championship football :laugh:

That's probably what others say about us and Falmer - only having 22,500 capacity!The likes of Liverpool or any other premier league team who are having 40,000-60,000 stadiums built!
Chesterfield are an average League 2 team but what this ground might be able to do is get them promoted to league one and stay there, indeed the championship maybe an aim....I think it looks bigger and better then colchester...and they keep flirting with championship football...
:falmer:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
It has to be said that I like the look of Chesterfields new ground - its much more aesthetically pleasing than the similarly sized new grounds of Shrewsbury and Colchester. I'm sure it is the right size for them, as I'm sure Falmer will be the right size for us.

Incidentally, all this talk of international games, well of the UEFA categorisations, apart from their 'Elite' category stadiums the minimum seated capacity appears to be about 3,000 (30,000 for Elite), and I don't think you need to have an Elite stadium to host internationals (think Faroe Islands).

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I still haven't popped up there, must make that my mission in the easter hols. And it looks really nice!

Post some pictures if you do DG.

beardosh

Insert witty comment here
Dec 14, 2009
Seeing these other stadia makes me appreciate Falmer even more. That old saying of 'the best that comes to those who wait' couldnt be more correct! Trouble is when my Mum used to say that is pi$$ed me off immensly!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Was there any reason why we didn't fill in the corners now?
Makes sense and will be cheaper in the long run.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Was there any reason why we didn't fill in the corners now?
Makes sense and will be cheaper in the long run.

Well it doesn't make sense if we are playing at League 1/Championship level for the next 10-15 years, because we won't generate that sort of support that will make it worthwhile. If we get into the Prem and manage to stick around for a couple of years then yeah. But that's a big if. I can see us getting an average of 10-12K max at League 1 level (but more first season if we are in League 1) and 15-18K in the Championship. We'll only sell out for the big games IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here