Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Other new stadiums being built at the moment

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
The video for the Morcombe stadium is like a bad developers video for a second home in the sun development that'll never be built. They obviously didn't "waste" any money on the music track for it either. They haven't even looped the track very well.

At least they have a future stadium & with the numbers they get through the turnstiles that's an achievement in itself.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Bounce.

Just seen the latest pictures of Chesterfield's new ground and I think it's looking pretty smart, a vast improvement on Colchester and Shrewsbury's shit heaps.

IP cam CFC

Attachments

• other020.jpg
    other020.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 486
  • other017.jpg
    other017.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 491

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
That's well nice, must pop up there at some point

I'm pretty sure it open next season, so you won't have to wait long!

Looks much better than I thoght it would, has to be the best new stadium of it's size in the country?

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Yup, of the new 10,000 seaters, that has to be the best I've seen (though the competition isn't great!)

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
The main stand holds OVER 3000. Shitin' hell thats f***ing GIANT.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Yup, of the new 10,000 seaters, that has to be the best I've seen (though the competition isn't great!)

Yeah the others are pretty shocking.

I suppose it comes down to cost but Chesterfield have shown if you spend just a little extra you can build some thing a bit different, the curved roof may only be a slight difference but it sets it apart from other similar grounds.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
The main stand holds OVER 3000. Shitin' hell thats f***ing GIANT.

:lolol:

I love the way we are getting all snobby over their ground but if we had been offered that (with maybe 5000 extra seats) 10 years go and the other option being a 10 year wait for falmer, I CERTAINLY know which one I would have picked.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Talking to some Norwich fans on the train to the game they said that Colchesters new stadium is the pits in every aspect and hardly any car parking. The pitch is apparently awful and stops teams playing football other than route 1 which would be ok for them as Adie Boothroyd is their manager.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Makes you wonder how many new stadiums are also going to have a neighbouring Tesco development like Chesterfield's.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Talking to some Norwich fans on the train to the game they said that Colchesters new stadium is the pits in every aspect and hardly any car parking. The pitch is apparently awful and stops teams playing football other than route 1 which would be ok for them as Adie Boothroyd is their manager.
Yeh it's pretty uninspiring. And the pitch looks disgraceful (up there with Walsall & Stockport). Which reminds me.. did anyone see Southend's highlights last night? Considering the proximity with Colchester, how immaculate did their pitch look? Couldn't quite understand how they've kept it in such good condition.

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
I have tried to do a search on NSC, but no joy. I am trying to find a breakdown of the seating capacity at Falmer ie: How many seats in each stand.
Anyone help please.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts

Attachments

• mkdons34.jpg
    mkdons34.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 424
  • MKD1.jpg
    MKD1.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 423
  • 0,,10794~3777152,00.gif
    0,,10794~3777152,00.gif
    62.7 KB · Views: 437
  • milton_keynes_dons_stadium_hok030108_1.jpg
    milton_keynes_dons_stadium_hok030108_1.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 424

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Chesterfield new ground looks so much better then Shrewsbury and Colchester. Why did Colchester build a ground where there is no turning off for the stadium, but you've got to travel ten miles away from the stadium to turn around and go back towards it.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Chesterfield one looks pretty Northampton-like to me. I can't see that it differs all that much from the other new Noddy grounds.

I hate the fact I liked MK so much when we played there last season, but it was just spot on for me. The fact that the pitch is sunk below ground level so the concourse you enter on is half way up the stand, and the pitch and stadium falls away in front of you, giving a great view. The bars on the concourse level, allowing you to have a drink and watch the game. Not having to scale Mount Everest to get to your seat, a la St Mary's. The comfy seats. The decent leg room. It's all irritatingly well thought out.

All it needs is for the upper level to be completed, and for the Arsenal-shirt-wearing home fans to create an atmosphere more like a football match and less like a recording of Gladiators and they'll be there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here