Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only 900 tickets for general sale per match at Amex

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Season ticket revenue has to be the best business model going forward.

The club gets guaranteed monthly revenue drip fed in to them over a 12 month period.

Given a choice why would they want to fart around selling 1 x £25 ticket who someone who last went when we were at the Goldstone ?

I'm sure the club will also vigourously pursue anyone who cancels their DD after just a couple of months.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Even if there are 1000-2000 tickets available match-by-match, do you think they will sell them all each time, or will it be just like all other grounds bar Emirates/OT/Anfield and they will sell for the 'big' games, and be half empty when it's Scunthorpe on a Tuesday night?

I think it would be best to not worry about it until the STs have all been sold. Them when those non ST holders apply for tickets match-by-match, and fail to get one, on a regualr basis, then you can expect that planning application for the corners to be hurried along.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Depends on the contract, if you are purchasing a £500 ticket but have only paid £200 when you cancel a DD I would say the club would seek to collect the balance of the debt

They might just block your smart card so you couldn't go to any more games then blacklist you on the ticket database.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
How many tickets are currently sold on a match by match basis at the Withdean? Given the huge increase in Season ticket holders next year will their be a huge amount who will buy on a match by match basis?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Season ticket revenue has to be the best business model going forward.

The club gets guaranteed monthly revenue drip fed in to them over a 12 month period.

Given a choice why would they want to fart around selling 1 x £25 ticket who someone who last went when we were at the Goldstone ?

I'm sure the club will also vigourously pursue anyone who cancels their DD after just a couple of months.

I think that is possibly one of the most cinical and saddest thing I have ever read on here. So in your world the only people who are allowed to see football are Season Ticket holders?

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
How many tickets are currently sold on a match by match basis at the Withdean? Given the huge increase in Season ticket holders next year will their be a huge amount who will buy on a match by match basis?

About 2500 assuming a 7k home crowd which is what we seem to be averaging at the moment.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Even if there are 1000-2000 tickets available match-by-match, do you think they will sell them all each time, or will it be just like all other grounds bar Emirates/OT/Anfield and they will sell for the 'big' games, and be half empty when it's Scunthorpe on a Tuesday night?

I think it would be best to not worry about it until the STs have all been sold. Them when those non ST holders apply for tickets match-by-match, and fail to get one, on a regualr basis, then you can expect that planning application for the corners to be hurried along.

For some games when there are only 500 away fans and an unattractive team visiting Falmer I can see the club doing a cheap ticket deal to make sure all the general sale tickets are sold.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Cynical - maybe...

But there is a £100 million stadium to pay for !

But you cant use that argument. The £100 million is being paid for by an owner who doesnt want it back. So therefore its the day to day running of the club that is the issue. If we are relying on STH to do that, then we are f***ed...what happens next year if we go into the Championship and get mullered every week....season ticket renewals plummet the next season and we have told the casual fans " you are not welcome".....Ok that is the worse case scenario, but we are not Arsenal or Chelsea who have a huge fan base with people desparate for ST's, in the last few years, it has become obvious Brighton fans are ficle....we were struggling to 5k a year or so ago..

To send out a message to the floating fan that " Given a choice why would they want to fart around selling 1 x £25 ticket who someone who last went when we were at the Goldstone ?" is not the way we should be playing this.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
But you cant use that argument. The £100 million is being paid for by an owner who doesnt want it back. So therefore its the day to day running of the club that is the issue. If we are relying on STH to do that, then we are f***ed...what happens next year if we go into the Championship and get mullered every week....season ticket renewals plummet the next season and we have told the casual fans " you are not welcome".....Ok that is the worse case scenario, but we are not Arsenal or Chelsea who have a huge fan base with people desparate for ST's, in the last few years, it has become obvious Brighton fans are ficle....we were struggling to 5k a year or so ago..

To send out a message to the floating fan that " Given a choice why would they want to fart around selling 1 x £25 ticket who someone who last went when we were at the Goldstone ?" is not the way we should be playing this.

I think you're being the cynical one. The only message the club is currently sending out is...

"Hey you, yes you over there. Look what we're building! Nice, shiny and lovely isn't it? Want to see your local club play in a state-of-the-art stadium? Well, we've put together some great ticketing options. We recognise that modern football can be expensive for families, so we've tried to make it easy for you to bring your kids along. We've also made it easy for you to spread the cost of a season ticket over the year so you don't have to shell out a lump sum which we know can be difficult.

If you're interested, come along and take a look - we think you'll be impressed."

What comes after that - who knows.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
But you cant use that argument. The £100 million is being paid for by an owner who doesnt want it back.
That's not quite true. He doesn't expect it back, and will take it in shares after X number of years if it isn't paid back. But in any case, the club should be making the effort to pay back an investors money, certainly well ahead of any principles involving fairweather fans who want to pick and choose what games they go to. (nothing wrong with those types, of course)

In any case, Norwich don't seem to have suffered with their massive percentage of season ticket holders!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I agree with quite a lot of what GW is saying. It's a medium to long-term decision about the regeneration of fans you're talking about (which is why it's too early to use a resurgent Norwich as an example, you'd need to see their crowds after a relegation).

How do most people get their first taste of football? It isn't a season ticket. So it is vital that that opportunity is kept open, and for me 900 matchday tickets in a 22,500-capacity stadium isn't doing that properly.

I'd have said up front we're stopping season ticket sales at (say) 16,000 incl 1901-ers and so there will be at least 4,000 available on a match by match basis, and obviously you combine that with a decent marketing campaign to casual fans. That way you have a very good base, topped up by between say 1,000 and 4,000 every match, plus new people getting a taste all the time.

I actually think the situation I've described above will happen naturally anyway for next season. Then if we need more season tickets/maychday seats/both, get those corners filled in.

Woah there...is that true? It's a £100 million gift? Do we have any evidence for this? I'm not questioning Bloom's motives here, just trying to understand the nature of the financing.

It's an interest free loan which I think we start to pay back in 2023 or thereabouts. It can be converted to shares instead if we aren't in a position to repay it.

granny weatherwax, I'm with Bozza, it's you that's being cynical. The club will offer all seating that they have available after the selling of season tickets to fans on a match-by-match basis. They have guaranteed that at a minimum this will be 900 seats. If, in the future, they sell less season tickets, then there will be more general sale tickets available. Turning down season ticket money on the off chance that someone will pay to sit in that seat every week would be cutting off their nose to spite their face.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
cinical...moi?

:lol:

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Away teams in the F.A. Cup are entitled to 15% of capacity, approximately 3750 seats.
The South stand holds 2400 odd seats which leaves 1300 odd seats (in the East stand, i believe) that, im sure i heard Martin Perry say, wont be sold as season tickets.

However if demand was so massive that they had to consider selling these seats, they could follow a similar arrangement for cup games to that used at Ibrox where they have a season ticket package for one stand (Copeland Road Stand, i think) whereby matches versus Celtic are not included as that entire stand is given up to Celtic, this is a gentlemens agreement between the two clubs which allows both clubs more away tickets to old firm games.

In Brightons case this would mean that STH in the East (south) would have no priority for cup matches. Personally i dont think Brighton would go down that route so that leaves 1300 seats minimum for sale on a match to match basis.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
At my presso, Dodge said no season ticket holders would have to move, they have allocated a block/blocks in the East stand, for on the day / albion in the community / school freebies / etc, that will be given to the away team where the 15% rule comes in.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think you're being the cynical one. The only message the club is currently sending out is...

"Hey you, yes you over there. Look what we're building! Nice, shiny and lovely isn't it? Want to see your local club play in a state-of-the-art stadium? Well, we've put together some great ticketing options. We recognise that modern football can be expensive for families, so we've tried to make it easy for you to bring your kids along. We've also made it easy for you to spread the cost of a season ticket over the year so you don't have to shell out a lump sum which we know can be difficult.

If you're interested, come along and take a look - we think you'll be impressed."

What comes after that - who knows.

Spot on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here