Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only 900 tickets for general sale per match at Amex

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Please don't shoot the messenger: When my wife and I had the tour of the stadium a couple of weeks ago I'm pretty sure Martin Perry told us the corners can take the best part of 2000 seats each (I think he then said 1800 each), you have to see the corners to get a feel for how big they are.
Are you sure Phil? 2000 seats in total maybe. But the whole of the North Stand only holds 2500 or thereabouts, as does the away end. Hard to see how a corner could come fairly close to holding the same number as one of the ends? That would work out at 40 rows of 50 seats or vice versa or combinations or permutations thereof.

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
So if I carry on being a blue member, but don't want to get a season ticket mainly because I can't make it every saturday because of work (would be quite rubbish if I spent money on a season ticket and not go a lot), I won't be able to get a ticket for home games?

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I went today and we were told there were 15,000 season tickets available and 8,000 had been sold up to that point. So I'd be surprised if they all went. Apparently they only had 20 1901 seats left out of 2,600. I'm sure that Dodge said the capacity could go up to 35,000 but I may be wrong.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
At the Goldstone didn't the NE corner hold around 3,000 plus??? so i can see the corners holding 1800 seated especially the stands dont go the whole length of the sides and ends . When i went i was told the corners and another level on the east would take 6 weeks !! so could be done in close season. Not sure if they'd need a ramp up event for safety cert maybe we could be playing Barcelona sooner than we think!

900 is the worse worse case. More than one person, including Perry at the presentation said no season tickets will be sold in the south end of the east stand.

On top of this, there are some in the WSU that the jury is still out on, as to whether they will be sold as season tix or not.

Even if all the popular areas sell out - they will be some availabilty for those with kids in the family stand. These areas never sell out to ST's, even at the big clubs.

I also expect some of the lower elevations in the north and the less popular areas of the East to still be available - ie those right next to the family area.

On top of this, we also have the ability to partition the away end when there are not too many visitinbg fans. This would provide another 1000+ seats. Looking at the championship at the moment, I would suggest half of the teams would not want to bring over 1000 fans, so this option could be used a lot.

So, even if it is a sell out, even if the family area has every seat taken as well as all the other unpopular ones being snapped up, there will still be 1000 tix for the most popular games and 2000 for the not so big matches. 2000 tickets is prob more to whats available now for our games (excluding family stand)

Panic over!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
So if I carry on being a blue member, but don't want to get a season ticket mainly because I can't make it every saturday because of work (would be quite rubbish if I spent money on a season ticket and not go a lot), I won't be able to get a ticket for home games?

Not sure that the various membership schemes of this season will be in effect next season. From the limited information being divulged by the club it sounds as if its going to be a points driven allocation system next season. Doesn't answer your question but if all season tickets are sold it may become first come first served for any available home tickets. No one really knows just now.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
I went today and we were told there were 15,000 season tickets available and 8,000 had been sold up to that point. So I'd be surprised if they all went. Apparently they only had 20 1901 seats left out of 2,600. I'm sure that Dodge said the capacity could go up to 35,000 but I may be wrong.

Apparently 4,000 people have presentations booked for March so I think selling 15,000 is possible.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
If Wikipedia is to be believed, the existing capacity is broken up as follows:

"The largest is the three-tiered West Stand, which will hold 11,833 spectators. The East Stand (the Family stand) will hold 5,404, the North Stand 2,688, and the South Stand, which will contain away supporters, 2,575.

The stadium has the infrastructure to be expanded if necessary: however, any such developments would need further planning permission. This expansion would take place within the current structure.
"

Falmer Stadium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I remember being at a Bank Holiday league game against Charlton when the crowd was more than 34k. That was exceptional but during that time (probably the Mullery years as we charged towards the top flight and played nice football) I seem to remember 30k+ crowds were not unusual.[/QUOTE There was a 31,000 1953/54
31,800 in 1959/60
31,400 in 1964/65
35,000 in 1966/67
33,600 in 1975/76
30,700 in 1976/77
32,900 in 1977/78
32,600 in 1977/78
31,200 in 1977/78
33,400 in 1977/78
30,800 IN 1978/79 And of course the biggest Goldstone gate 36,700 v Fulham 1958/59
I think that is most of the Goldstone records,apart from Fulham,most of our biggest gates have been v Palarse and Sheff Weds.....................
Unless of course you know different....

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I thought there was an FA requirement that at least 10% of tickets were for away fans and at least 10% for general match day sales

Alfie22

Mar 12, 2008

I was at the 11.30 today with my boy, done by Dodge, and he said 30k - with 8000 sold and yes, approx 20 corporate left..

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If after a few games the so called "newbies" become bored, they can just cancel their DD which means they would be entitled to the first 8 games (paid 4 months worth out of 12), then suddenly there will be tickets available in all areas, possibly! But this would give them the guarantee of seeing the first few games which would almost certainly be sell outs.

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
I hope this is not true. I do not want to, and cannot go to all home games so will not be buying a ST. I do, however, still want to support my team. Only 900 tickets on general sale would be an utter joke. Especially as there will be many people like myself who have supported the club for years, and will be excluded in favour of new supporters with no affinity, passion or knowledge of the club. What a soulless stadium that would prove to be (probably on a par with Reading's Majedski). Of course, then in 2012/13 season there will be plenty of tickets available as the ST holders drift away from a product that holds little compulsion or excitement - but will established fans excluded for a season want to go back??

Twice I believe

36 000 odd sometime in 1958 and 34 000 odd in May '72 (I was there...) :smile:

twice? I was there when it happened twice in a WEEK, '78 I believe, +31,000 v Charlton on the Tues Night then 33,000 v Blackpool on the Saturday.

Anyhoo back to ST sales, I can't see the family stand selling out, as of yesterday the block nearest to the North Stand was totally untouched

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Didn't the Goldstone end up having a reduced capacity. I can remember (maybe post Hillsborough), it getting down to 28,000.
So it's difficult to compare.
Some people may not have attended games, thinking they may not get in or didn't want the hassle of queuing.
Personally I always thought that with a decent stadium, Brighton could easily get 35,000+ for big games. But then I'm not paying for it.

but will established fans excluded for a season want to go back??

but if that's reference to your self, If you don't 'go back' yo won't be missed as by your own admission you "do not want to go to all home games". I'm sorry, i'm not being horrible here but what the f*** are the club to do? refuse an ST sale from someone who's coffing up £500 or say "no i'll tell you what, lets leave this seat empty just in case it's a sunny day and 'Angry Of Tunbridge Wells' who used to go to The Goldstone, isn't working/mowing the lawn/taking the mrs snorkling etc etc and CAN go to the match

EDIT: actually, reading your post again, I think you're on a wind up here, and yes, i've bitten!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If after a few games the so called "newbies" become bored, they can just cancel their DD which means they would be entitled to the first 8 games (paid 4 months worth out of 12), then suddenly there will be tickets available in all areas, possibly! But this would give them the guarantee of seeing the first few games which would almost certainly be sell outs.

Depends on the contract, is DD only the option to pay and by purchasing a season's ticket you are contracted to pay for the whole season and if you stop the DD they club will sue you for the balance

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here