Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only 900 tickets for general sale per match at Amex

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So as in general sale this means that people who aren't members?

As in people who don't have season tickets.

I am guessing the people saying we won't sell out, aren't getting one or havent understood how many we have sold, 2 blocks reserved for albion in the community, schools, players tickets etc etc

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Twice I believe

36 000 odd sometime in 1958 and 34 000 odd in May '72 (I was there...) :smile:

not in the league but I think we had 30,000 plus crowds against Derby and West Brom in the League Cup (mid 70's) and a lot of league games were 23-26k

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
no way will we sell over 9k season tix.

Not if everybody has to attend a presentation they won't. Not enough hours in the day shirley.

At the risk of asking the bleeding obvious, why don't they just post the damn seating plan online and let people choose their tickets online?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not if everybody has to attend a presentation they won't. Not enough hours in the day shirley.

At the risk of asking the bleeding obvious, why don't they just post the damn seating plan online and let people choose their tickets online?

Isn't that the plan once the fans on the database have had their presentations and ST's go on general sale ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Must be tens of thousands of fans on the database tho eh?

they said 4,000 had arranged a presentation to be done within March. The +3 option is available as well

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
not in the league but I think we had 30,000 plus crowds against Derby and West Brom in the League Cup (mid 70's) and a lot of league games were 23-26k

I remember being at a Bank Holiday league game against Charlton when the crowd was more than 34k. That was exceptional but during that time (probably the Mullery years as we charged towards the top flight and played nice football) I seem to remember 30k+ crowds were not unusual.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Will hate to see people just get a season ticket because its a new stadium..i know a few friends who were asking current sth to add them as their 3 extras, these people dont even support the team and will not turn up after the first few games

Do you know that many people who will spunk over £350 just for a few games? Especially as they aren't already fans?

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
The east stand 2nd tier will add quite a bit of capacity. When you see photos of the East stand you don't really see just how deep the 2nd tier will be (though it will have to taper as it goes into the corners as per the WSU. east stand 2nd tier.JPG

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
I think it will be about 1,000 seats in each corner and 4,000 for the top tier of the east stand. This would take the capacity to just over 30k.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
And maybe a way to increase the capacity of the North stand whilst keeping to the existing roof line. The club would have to lose some of its office space though and I guess would need really significant structural modification including relocating the security box.

Can't see this ever happening, but it would make a better North stand.

Attachments

• North stand extension.JPG
    North stand extension.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 510

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Really want to know how straight forward the planning permission will be. A big part must have been us needing to prove we need the extra, but how many more park and rides for example will they need? Having more than a 4 carriage train must be necessary too, but how much work would that take to the station and surrounding track lines? Will be over the moon if/when all that work is completed, will really make the stadium complete

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Filling in the corners will remove the segregation between home and away fans meaning that some of these new seats will need to be cordoned off. This would mean it would be difficult to ever have a gate at the maximum capacity.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Filling in the corners will remove the segregation between home and away fans meaning that some of these new seats will need to be cordoned off. This would mean it would be difficult to ever have a gate at the maximum capacity.

When the corners are filled in down the away end they will leave a wide enough gap cordoned off and for big games enough room for the police to patrol up and down with dogs.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The east stand 2nd tier will add quite a bit of capacity. When you see photos of the East stand you don't really see just how deep the 2nd tier will be (though it will have to taper as it goes into the corners as per the WSU.View attachment 21973

There's so much bollix being spouted in this thread its hard for my head to cope with. Superphil went on a tour with Martin Perry about two weeks ago and I think he has it about right. I think people are underestimating the size of the corners whilst hugely overestimating the size of the east upper. I've seen several images of the east with an upper tier (I think they're on the videos on YouTube). It looks like a small semi-circle, nothing like as big as that shown above. Perhaps someone could look at those videos and take a still.

As someone said above, the north and south stands don't even reach the corner flags, so the corners are huge. I really do think this is all rather fanciful, though, when we haven't even had a 20k+ crowd for 25 years.

Someone above stated that the club would want to quickly fill the corners in if it's full in order to attract new fans but let's face it, if we're attracting 20k plus every week then we've already done that. Afterall, half of those who were at the 30k+ games in the 70s are no longer with us.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I was at the 1.30 presentation as well and cant recall anything about 900 tickets on general sale. The presenter did say that there was going to be a sizeable number kept aside that weren't going to be sold as season tickets to encourage 'new supporters'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here