Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only 7000 Palace season tickets sold..................

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
I hate Palace.

I love the rivalry. I cannot get excited baout Orient, Bournemouth, Oxford, Swindon - anyone else that we have had brief spats with. the reason the rivalry was so good is that they are in essence a pretty decent sized clubs. The facts are that we have been two bob, tin pot thrid division club for the majority of the last few years. Anyone who wants to suggest we are a bigger club or better club than Palace is either deluded or just a twat.

the reason I'm so excited is that for once, arguably for the first time in the last 30 years we are on an even footing - if not a better footing than them and if we can turn the tables and finish above them that will be one of the finest moments in the last 30 eyars of watching The Albion.

Everything points to a bright new future - but that does not mean we can simply re-write history. Lets wait for the game, the atmosphere, the hatred, the chants......oh my eyes I cant chuffing wait.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Errr,

O

K.

That's pretty interesting logic. I'm sure that having 25,000 posts *could indicate* a few things too, but ho hum.

When you do the sort of work I do you end up with a fair bit of time on your hands.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
the reason I'm so excited is that for once, arguably for the first time in the last 30 years we are on an even footing - if not a better footing than them and if we can turn the tables and finish above them that will be one of the finest moments in the last 30 eyars of watching The Albion..

Believe me we are definitely on a better footing now. Better ground, refurbished fan base, better manager, better chairman, better future, hey, we even have a much better location !

Hdeagle

May 17, 2011
The only reason there were only 500 Palace fans at the Withdean is because that was our ticket allocation.

I can remember the days when we took thousands down to the Goldstone for 3rd Division games which usually took place on Public Holidays.

Still bitter over Stamford Bridge are we !!!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
The only reason there were only 500 Palace fans at the Withdean is because that was our ticket allocation.

I can remember the days when we took thousands down to the Goldstone for 3rd Division games which usually took place on Public Holidays.

Very bitter about the penalty sham, Mullery got it right! I had a really good time outside though! :lol:

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Some people need to get a grip.

I love the banter and I cannot wait to take my seat for the two games we'll have against Palace next season (assuming I'm lucky enough to get a ticket for the away leg). I'll be going absolutely MENTAL should the Albion take the spoils and I know how much it means BUT I don't get this quite sickly attitude some people have on here of tit for tat bragging. By all means get on your high horse once our boys have slotted three or four past Speroni BUT the stadium situation is no more the business of you or I as the sale of the Goldstone was to the average Albion fan all those years ago. It is something we fans have NO control over. So why are we using it as some kind of tool to jab in the neck of the average Palace fan?

Don't get me wrong, I work with a Palace fan and we're always having a bit of banter as to the relative merits of each our two teams, but it is harmless enough and at the end of the day I do have some sympathy with his situation. No money and a shit ground? BEEN THERE DONE THAT.

What's more, the guy is from Croydon, he has his team in his blood, he's held a season ticket for years and doesn't let the club's on or off field situation dissuade him from turning up week in week out. And you know what? I have FAR more respect for him than I do any armchair Premiership fanboy who'll bang on about Chelsea or Manchester United each Monday morning, as if he'd been to the latest game even though you know full well he's only been to a handful of games in his entire life if at all. Giving it all that about how being in the Premiership is so much more interesting than "bothering" with lower league teams such as ours. I'll tell you right now, this man is my enemy. Not Joe Bloggs, lifelong Palace fan and Selhurst ST holder.

When our teams meet I'll be shouting and leaping about like some kind of primeval beastie wanting NOTHING but total annihilation of the Eagles BUT until such time, I see no reason to brag oh so seriously about our club's new stadium, sold out season tickets and debt free situation. This is football. Swings and roundabouts. Ultimately we can't control things off the pitch but at least we can have some sort of a say in on field performances by singing our hearts out at every game, encouraging the players we admire so much with our cheering, applause and chants. So this is the battlefield where bragging rights are won and lost, not who's chairman has more money or which club has more debt.

Of course there's room for a bit of "we're bigger than you" whilst we await the two dates the fixtures computer gives us that mean more than any others BUT I just feel some people are getting FAR too involved in this debate.

We should be looking forward to the fact that this season will see Brighton and Palace play each other on an almost level playing field for a good many years now, longer in fact than many fans will remember. They have the Championship pedigree and we have the new stadium and momentum of recent glory. The fixtures between our two teams promise to be absolute CORKERS this season and I CANNOT WAIT. But until then I'm not going to be giving it large about who's balls are bigger.

There is one thing and one thing ONLY that gives us bragging rights over our biggest rivals, and that's on pitch victory (hopefully twice). So stop running off the history books as to who's had bigger attendances and what current finances mean in terms of playing budget etc. and concentrate on what matters: BEATING THE PALACE

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I hate Palace.

I love the rivalry. I cannot get excited baout Orient, Bournemouth, Oxford, Swindon - anyone else that we have had brief spats with. the reason the rivalry was so good is that they are in essence a pretty decent sized clubs. The facts are that we have been two bob, tin pot thrid division club for the majority of the last few years. Anyone who wants to suggest we are a bigger club or better club than Palace is either deluded or just a twat.

the reason I'm so excited is that for once, arguably for the first time in the last 30 years we are on an even footing - if not a better footing than them and if we can turn the tables and finish above them that will be one of the finest moments in the last 30 eyars of watching The Albion.

Everything points to a bright new future - but that does not mean we can simply re-write history. Lets wait for the game, the atmosphere, the hatred, the chants......oh my eyes I cant chuffing wait.

I'd not read this before I started going off on my rant above, but I agree entirely. Well said

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Some people need to get a grip.

I love the banter and I cannot wait to take my seat for the two games we'll have against Palace next season (assuming I'm lucky enough to get a ticket for the away leg). I'll be going absolutely MENTAL should the Albion take the spoils and I know how much it means BUT I don't get this quite sickly attitude some people have on here of tit for tat bragging. By all means get on your high horse once our boys have slotted three or four past Speroni BUT the stadium situation is no more the business of you or I as the sale of the Goldstone was to the average Albion fan all those years ago. It is something we fans have NO control over. So why are we using it as some kind of tool to jab in the neck of the average Palace fan?

Don't get me wrong, I work with a Palace fan and we're always having a bit of banter as to the relative merits of each our two teams, but it is harmless enough and at the end of the day I do have some sympathy with his situation. No money and a shit ground? BEEN THERE DONE THAT.

What's more, the guy is from Croydon, he has his team in his blood, he's held a season ticket for years and doesn't let the club's on or off field situation dissuade him from turning up week in week out. And you know what? I have FAR more respect for him than I do any armchair Premiership fanboy who'll bang on about Chelsea or Manchester United each Monday morning, as if he'd been to the latest game even though you know full well he's only been to a handful of games in his entire life if at all. Giving it all that about how being in the Premiership is so much more interesting than "bothering" with lower league teams such as ours. I'll tell you right now, this man is my enemy. Not Joe Bloggs, lifelong Palace fan and Selhurst ST holder.

When our teams meet I'll be shouting and leaping about like some kind of primeval beastie wanting NOTHING but total annihilation of the Eagles BUT until such time, I see no reason to brag oh so seriously about our club's new stadium, sold out season tickets and debt free situation. This is football. Swings and roundabouts. Ultimately we can't control things off the pitch but at least we can have some sort of a say in on field performances by singing our hearts out at every game, encouraging the players we admire so much with our cheering, applause and chants. So this is the battlefield where bragging rights are won and lost, not who's chairman has more money or which club has more debt.

Of course there's room for a bit of "we're bigger than you" whilst we await the two dates the fixtures computer gives us that mean more than any others BUT I just feel some people are getting FAR too involved in this debate.

We should be looking forward to the fact that this season will see Brighton and Palace play each other on an almost level playing field for a good many years now, longer in fact than many fans will remember. They have the Championship pedigree and we have the new stadium and momentum of recent glory. The fixtures between our two teams promise to be absolute CORKERS this season and I CANNOT WAIT. But until then I'm not going to be giving it large about who's balls are bigger.

There is one thing and one thing ONLY that gives us bragging rights over our biggest rivals, and that's on pitch victory (hopefully twice). So stop running off the history books as to who's had bigger attendances and what current finances mean in terms of playing budget etc. and concentrate on what matters: BEATING THE PALACE

If you need to ask why any true Albion fan uses EVERY chance (and they have been so few over recent years) to have a a go at the Palarse SCUM, then you clearly do not understand the true depth of the loathing between the two sets of fans.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Lol, the percentage increase in your away following at withdean to away following at Amex will probably be larger than our home support percentage increase !

Idiot. Plastic away support on your cup final at Amex this year then.
Well, 650 away capacity moving up to 2000 is going to be bigger. Did you win mathematician of the year award?

And with our pathetic away form last year, we still had ended up almost on the average for the Championship in terms of numbers.

They'll be relegated next season. Guaranteed. Flirted with relegation two seasons on the trot, a shambles on and off the field. Six points to us :clap2:
2010 - Docked 10 points and stayed up.
2011 - Given George Burley for half a season and stayed up with 4th best home form in the league

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
If you need to ask why any true Albion fan uses EVERY chance (and they have been so few over recent years) to have a a go at the Palarse SCUM, then you clearly do not understand the true depth of the loathing between the two sets of fans.

This is very much the way a lot of us feel. It wouldn't be so bad taking crap but bearing in mind that besides Palace the likes of SCC, Pompey and Leeds have all slagged us off for being a small club, however unlike any of them we have never been in administration. They have no right to knock us in view of the fact that we have always paid our way (although in fairness SCC did pay off their debts in full).

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
When you can beat us 5-0 then you can have the bragging rights !!!

When you beat us 5-0 with a team and players that you can actually afford, without bankrupting half the local businesses, then you can have bragging rights !!!

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
You still here? Don't you have a fairground ride to get ready for the weekend? It won't put itself together you know-best that you piss off now.
The picture of you I have seen leaves no doubt as to who should be running a fairground ride.
Hows the goatie coming along.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
What would you know about local businesses ?

Well a few of them just sponsored our first class lounges, not that there is anything first class in Selhurst.

As well as having loads of brilliant restaurants, lively and cosmopolitan nightlife, tons of arts/crafts, jewelery, We happen to have American Express based in Brighton, BUPA, Lloyds/TSB..... and our new sponsor is "BrightonandHove Jobs.com"....... must be doing OK with sourcing all those local business vacancies.

What do you have? Department of Social Security (large and busy employer) Vodafone, East Croydon Station, McDonalds, and a couple of kebab vans......

People choose to move to Brighton, nobody willingly moves to live in the shitholes around selhurst

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

All away clubs visiting Withdean for a league game have been given the maximum theoretical allocation of 894 seats but in practice this was actually 850 odd which the big clubs (compared to Palace , such as Leeds , Norwich , Southampton , Huddersfield , Swansea etc etc) all sold out. Perhaps the reason you only had 500 tickets was because this is what Palace could afford to pay up front and we wouldn't give your club credit terms. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here