Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only 7000 Palace season tickets sold..................

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
7000 fans who go regularly or 18000 plastic fans.

I feel sorry for those that went to the Withdean and suffered for 10 years. Move to a new stadium and you get 12000 plastics turning up.

I'm sure we'll get our own share of plastics should we move. Though personally, I like where we are. At least it's our shithole.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol

I feel sorry for those that went to the Withdean and suffered for 10 years. Move to a new stadium and you get 12000 plastics turning up.

I'm sure we'll get our own share of plastics should we move. Though personally, I like where we are. At least it's our shithole.

18,000 fans. That way we can make our own money and stay stable financially, instead of sponging off local businesses. Mind you, most Croydon residents are probably more used to sponging off local authorities so they may feel more comfortable.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
................. doesn't make you a bigger club than us..

Thing is we always were a bigger club than Croydon, just stuck in a miserable little ground.

I am sorry to see the welfare budget cuts are having such an impact on Croydon's season ticket sales though.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

How dare you :) ....12k plastics.....what about the people on the waiting list...growing by the day :)

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Adding 10,000 fairweather fans to your support doesn't make you a bigger club than us. Plenty of the season tickets at Falmer will disappear quicker than you can say the word relegation.

7,000 is pretty poor mind, but we averaged 15,500 this season despite being in the relegation zone all season...that aint bad.

This.

Yes, we had a great season and are moving into a lovely new stadium, but during the lifetime of plenty of the posters on here we have a) never had a higher average home attendance than Palace, and b) not finished above them in the league. Maybe we should keep all the 'small club' jibes aimed at Palace (and other teams) until we've achieved a little more than promotion from the third division...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Adding 10,000 fairweather fans to your support doesn't make you a bigger club than us. Plenty of the season tickets at Falmer will disappear quicker than you can say the word relegation.

7,000 is pretty poor mind, but we averaged 15,500 this season despite being in the relegation zone all season...that aint bad.

Let me explain to you 2 idiots EXACTLY why we have completely sold out our Season Ticket allocation. We have been stuck at Withdean for 12 year with maximum capacities over the years ranging from 6000 to 8500 ish. Prior to that, we ground shared at Gillingham and prior to that, the asset strippers allowed the Goldstone to deteriorate to the point where its capacity was restricted to under 10,000.

Now, we have a stadium to be proud of. One that is able to accommodate all of those fans who couldn't get in to Withdean or The Goldstone over the years on a regular basis. The returning numbers are not 'plastics' (at least not the majority anyway). They are the fans we lost over the years while we were playing at a converted athletics track with primitive conditions and facilities. While all this was going on, your shitty club was screwing its creditors. TWICE. How you have the nerve to come on here calling our lost generations 'plastics' is beyond me. I suspect that now you are witnessing the re-birth of The Albion you are all getting a little nervous. The next time we play you, you won't have the advantage of fielding a team that you couldn't afford to pay for while we were restricted financially because we are an honourable club that paid its bills and lived within its means.

You really are an odious club.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why are some taking the piss out of Palace for selling 7,000 season tickets? Have we ever sold that many season tickets before this season? ???

Thing is we always were a bigger club than Croydon, just stuck in a miserable little ground.
Really? In my lifetime, our gates were higher from 1980 until about 1987. But in the 70s, their gates were higher (even when we were getting 28-30k, they were getting 3 or 4k more) and obviously there is the trifling issue of the last 25 years where we have been more like Gillingham, Southend or Bournemouth than Palace or Pompey.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
7000 fans who go regularly or 18000 plastic fans

Those 18,000 are STHs ergo will go regularly. It's the way it works.

I feel sorry for those that went to the Withdean and suffered for 10 years. Move to a new stadium and you get 12000 plastics turning up

Ahh. That's nice. You feel sorry for us. Bless.

I'm sure we'll get our own share of plastics should we move

"Should" you move? Don't hold your breath

Though personally, I like where we are. At least it's our shithole.

It's not all your though is it. Part of it is a supermarket. whereas ours is all ours. You lot are so sneaky you'd probably include shoppers in your official attendances anyway.

it's our shithole.

Ahh. We agree at last. Well done, now toddle off. Envy is such an unattractive trait and your lot aren't exactly blessed with good looks in the first place.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Why are some taking the piss out of Palace for selling 7,000 season tickets? Have we ever sold that many season tickets before this season? ???

Really? In my lifetime, our gates were higher from 1980 until about 1987. But in the 70s, their gates were higher (even when we were getting 28-30k, they were getting 3 or 4k more) and obviously there is the trifling issue of the last 25 years where we have been more like Gillingham, Southend or Bournemouth than Palace or Pompey.
It's called bragging rights. We have had to listen to them taking the piss about our ground/gates etc for years. The table is turning and rightly so that some BHA fans are giving it back. Nothing wrong with that.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
It's called bragging rights. We have had to listen to them taking the piss about our ground/gates etc for years. The table is turning and rightly so that some BHA fans are giving it back. Nothing wrong with that.

I appreciate that, it just seems a little presumptive or, some may say, arrogant, to be bragging quite so soon IMHO.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

I appreciate you're just a child but in fact the 'plastic fans' you refer ti are mostly people who went to the Goldstone. If you were a little older you'd know that when we had a stadium that was big enough (and good enough for that matter) we would get crowds that were often bigger than yours. As has been said so many times by so many people unlike Palace we paid our debts by selling our ground, didn't grievously short change people the way your joke club has done twice. What's more isn't it ironic that you're now all getting excited about a move to an athletics track.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
"Should" you move? Don't hold your breath

Ahh. We agree at last. Well done, now toddle off. Envy is such an unattractive trait and your lot aren't exactly blessed with good looks in the first place.
We'll see. At least we won't be paying well over the odds for our stadium.

And to be envious of a team just promoted from a league we haven't been in for 35 years is insane.
There'd be something wrong with you if you weren't giving it back.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
This.

Yes, we had a great season and are moving into a lovely new stadium, but during the lifetime of plenty of the posters on here we have a) never had a higher average home attendance than Palace, and b) not finished above them in the league. Maybe we should keep all the 'small club' jibes aimed at Palace (and other teams) until we've achieved a little more than promotion from the third division...

On the other hand there are plenty of us who were around when we were quite clearly a bigger club than Palace as we no doubt will be from now on. They will just get smaller when (and if) they move to the Chav version of Withdean. (Anyone who's passed through Annerley will know what I mean).

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This has got to be the most 'My Dad's bigger than your Dad' thread in the history of NSC.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
I appreciate you're just a child but in fact the 'plastic fans' you refer ti are mostly people who went to the Goldstone. If you were a little older you'd know that when we had a stadium that was big enough (and good enough for that matter) we would get crowds that were often bigger than yours. As has been said so many times by so many people unlike Palace we paid our debts by selling our ground, didn't grievously short change people the way your joke club has done twice. What's more isn't it ironic that you're now all getting excited about a move to an athletics track.
I appreciate that you are a bender, but you go on about these massive crowds etc, why didn't the Withdean sell out week on week?

Surely these "fans" support the club, not the ground?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

There are those of us who go back a lot further and know that we were a bigger club (in terms of gates) than Palace in those days. When I first started going in the early seventies we would easily get 15,000 for a home game although God only know where the money went, it certainly wasn't on the team.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
On the other hand there are plenty of us who were around when we were quite clearly a bigger club than Palace as we no doubt will be from now on. They will just get smaller when (and if) they move to the Chav version of Withdean. (Anyone who's passed through Annerley will know what I mean).
ea373d80a9e7c403d99873ba4ee9cc3c.jpg

Yes, looks just like the Withdean.

And as I said before, quite happy staying at Selhurst.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here