Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only 7000 Palace season tickets sold..................

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I appreciate that you are a bender, but you go on about these massive crowds etc, why didn't the Withdean sell out week on week?

Surely these "fans" support the club, not the ground?

Oh dear, is that your best comeback ? The reason we didn't sell out Withdean all the time is that we had a poor team, poor facilities and high prices for the quality of fare on show. However, unlike your scummy little club we didn't con anybody once, let alone twice, we lived within our means.

I appreciate that you're not too bright but the difference between Withdean and The Amex is so vast that somebody who lives in a caravan would have difficulty with size comparisons. I'm sure you think your chemical toilet is the lap of luxury.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I appreciate that, it just seems a little presumptive or, some may say, arrogant, to be bragging quite so soon IMHO.

14 years of them taking the piss while they were doing what they did to their creditors gives us reason enough to be arrogant now that we are beginning to look like a real football club again. If they don't like it, f*** 'em!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
ea373d80a9e7c403d99873ba4ee9cc3c.jpg

Yes, looks just like the Withdean.

And as I said before, quite happy staying at Selhurst.

Well we used to have nice artists impressions of The Amex, of course now we have it. The fact that you're happy ground sharing with Sainsburys shows at least you can be realistic, clearly you have justifiably low expectations.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I appreciate that, it just seems a little presumptive or, some may say, arrogant, to be bragging quite so soon IMHO.

Matt, I can see from your post count that you're fairly new here. When you have been following this club for as long as some of us have given the amount of abuse heaped on us by Palace fans because unlike them our club has never short-changed it's creditors we do reserve the right to tell them what a joke they are.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Will this new stadium come quick enough, before the decision that you have to rebuild the main stand or close it down and have reduced attendances, similar to what happened at the Goldstone when we had to reduce our capacity because areas of the ground became unsafe.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I appreciate that you are a bender, but you go on about these massive crowds etc, why didn't the Withdean sell out week on week?

For the same reason you never sold all of your allocation there?

You're not very bright are you?

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes

Of course the majority of people who have bought Amex season tickets are fans. I Know of three or four who used to 'go to the odd home game' who have now committed to getting a season ticket. I also know someone who went to more away games than homes games because Withdean was such a shit experience but has now bought a season ticket. Is he a bad fan? I think not. We're not the first club to increase attendances after building a new stadium. There are numerous examples.

I'm just pleased that we are now on a level playing field with Palace or, as it looks at present, we're on the brand new playing field with all the fantastic new play equipment, while you are stuck on the grotty playground, next to the abandoned sand pit that local dogs use as a toilet. Or something.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Matt, I can see from your post count that you're fairly new here. When you have been following this club for as long as some of us have given the amount of abuse heaped on us by Palace fans because unlike them our club has never short-changed it's creditors we do reserve the right to tell them what a joke they are.

Lol. I'm pretty comfortable with my Albion credentials but do tell, Mr Uberfan, what should my post count be before I will understand?

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Palarse would love to have the revenue that 12,000+ returning supporters would bring.

In their case it just might stop them from going into administration - again.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Lol. I'm pretty comfortable with my Albion credentials but do tell, Mr Uberfan, what should my post count be before I will understand?

It wasn't a criticism merely an observation. Your relatively low post count could indicate you to be an Albion fan who wasn't around back in the hay days of the 1970s/80s when we would sell out The Goldstone from time to time. The fact that we've had Palace fans coming on here telling us how tin pot we are when there's a very good reason for it (as in we paid what we could afford whereas we all know they did not) so yes, we will take the opportunity to let them know that they are very much the Tin Pot club. No offence intended.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Since when did palace PAY for anything? They may agree to pay but it's usually when they need to hand over the cash that the problem starts. Anybody tendering to build a new stadium for them should inflate the cost by a factor of 10 in order to cover the costs when they are offered 10pence in the pound.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

7000 fans who go regularly or 18000 plastic fans.

I feel sorry for those that went to the Withdean and suffered for 10 years. Move to a new stadium and you get 12000 plastics turning up.

I'm sure we'll get our own share of plastics should we move. Though personally, I like where we are. At least it's our shithole.

So you'll be quite happy to have 7,000 fans rattling round that stadium then? Because heaven forbid you get any new fans and you actually come close to half filling it. Or is it that all the Palace fans that aren't going to Selhurst now are actually plastics too?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Interesting how some Palace fans think go on about the cost of The Amex. What is more interesting is that Selhurst Park is not supposed to be used for construction. I remember a lot of them going on about how Selhurst could not be sold off for redevelopment when they were trying to wriggle out of their mess a year ago. The question is, supposing they are allowed to move to the Crystal Palace Stadium ? They will end up renting it like we used to at Withdean and Bromley Council won't do that on the cheap. Even so if Selhurst can't be used for redevelopement what is it actually worth ?

As it so happens the Athletics Stadium has 16000 seats with 9000 covered. It can be expanded pretty easily to 22000 though.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Lol, the percentage increase in your away following at withdean to away following at Amex will probably be larger than our home support percentage increase !

Idiot. Plastic away support on your cup final at Amex this year then.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Your relatively low post count could indicate you to be an Albion fan who wasn't around back in the hay days of the 1970s/80s when we would sell out The Goldstone from time to time.

Errr,

O

K.

That's pretty interesting logic. I'm sure that having 25,000 posts *could indicate* a few things too, but ho hum.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
since when did palace pay for anything? They may agree to pay but it's usually when they need to hand over the cash that the problem starts. Anybody tendering to build a new stadium for them should inflate the cost by a factor of 10 in order to cover the costs when they are offered 10pence in the pound.

this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here