Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One of the greatest days of my life - Who was there ?.

BHAFC V Sheff Weds FA Cup Semi Final

• I was there

Votes: 96 65.3%
  • I was not even conceived

Votes: 26 17.7%
  • I was not there

Votes: 25 17.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
No, I wasn't even alive!

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Yes I was, way back and to the right hand side. I have just been looking at all the stuff about Hillsborough and remember at Highbury how you were just taken by the sheer volume of people in the crowd and had no control over where you ended up, especially so after the 1st goal which was just a fantastic goal.

I thought last night how much Alex goal reminded me of Jimmy's, but Jimmy's was much better:thumbsup:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
What. A. Day. As it turned out it was actually a MUCH better experience than the final itself. Brighton that night when we got back was fantastic with every pub packed full of singing Brighton fans. Oh to have even a quarter of that back again.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Yup. One and only time I've ever had to buy a ticket from a tout. My brother had both our tickets and was supposed to meet me at 2.30 at the ground. He hadn't turned up by 10 to 3 so I bought one, just for him to turn up 2 minutes later, totally shitfaced with my ticket.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
There. Sat at the back of the main stand, wished I could have been on the terrace, but still - just to have been there is something I'll treasure forever.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was there and thought it was a better day than the actual final. Not sure which was the better the semi final or the match at Newcastle when we beat them and got promoted to Div 1. Loads of Geordies singing Susex By the Sea because it meant Sunderland stayed down great day.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Yep, was there with my Dad and my cousin.
Remember painting a flag with a seagull on and everything (lost that the following year in the cup at Watford, when they wouldn't let us take flags in as the stick (bamboo cane) was a potential weapon!)

Merseyside Seagull

Dec 18, 2003
Wirral
Yep I was there, stood right at the back under the clock.

Probably the best experience following the Albion. I still watch the video highlight's when feeling depressed.

Oh for those days again!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I got married on that day, So did not make it. 26 years ago tomorrow.
Not a popular decision but was organised before the 3rd round.

Quite a few never came to the wedding and on the wedding video is my dad in church with a radio to his ear.:bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here