Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"One Johnny Prescott, there's only one Johnny Prescott..."

SEAGULLS TILL I DIE

Jan 6, 2008
he didnt do anything for it apart from delay stuff further! hazel said yes not him, he is a complete an utter twat in my opinion and should not be welcome!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
cept it wasn't him who said yes it was hazel blears. His yes went spectaculalry pie shaped

Mores the point though, he could have said no after the first inspectors' reports. He didn't and gave us the chance to make the case. That is his legacy.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
They should just play the theme tune from Rocky , im sure the crowd will do the

Da da da da da da da da da da bit

Anythings better than that we are sailing tosh

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Likes his sport

PrescottMOS0605_450x301.jpg

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
It amazes me how some of our supporters know so little about our recent history. Anybody who thinks Prescott hindered rather than monumentally helping our plans is a numbskull.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
One thing is for sure - the Boro fans are going to be bemused by the reaction he gets

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
the fact the report had a legal error in it that caused agonising delay is unfortunate but to blame him is ridiculous, hes not a lawyer and im sure god knows how many other people in whitehall read it before it was rubber stamped,

his demeanour was never anything less than really supportive and as for being thought of as a slobby git, i spoke to his bodyguard once and asked him what he was really like and he said he was the most hard working person he`d ever met, he said he never let up in his job morning noon and night and unlike alot of his fellow mps did genuinely care for what he was doing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It amazes me how some of our supporters know so little about our recent history. Anybody who thinks Prescott hindered rather than monumentally helping our plans is a numbskull.

Totally this. His office kept it alive in the early stages when there were ample and easy opportunities presented to him to not let it happen. The initial inspector's report offered his first easy escape-the easy option was to agree. But no he kept it going, and for this I salute him.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
There's a very good book available in the club bookshop which sets out exactly what role Prescott played in getting the ground for anyone who still doesn't know. Still in print as far as I'm aware.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
no he didn't, he cocked it up. by the time that was all sorted out Hazel Blears gave us a new ground

Someone in his office cocked it up. If you think we would have overridden two pubic enquiries without the backing of the Deputy Prime Minster then you are mistaken. Blears was following orders.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
he didnt do anything for it apart from delay stuff further! hazel said yes not him, he is a complete an utter twat in my opinion and should not be welcome!

What an idiotic statement. John Prescott ignored the findings of a myopic planning inspector to grant us permission for the stadium. A civil service flunky got the wording wrong on the letter and LDC took advantage of the loophole. Prescott continued to support the application whilst holding the position of Deputy Prime Minister and if you think this had nothing to do with the succeeding ministers backing the plans then you are fool.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Someone in his office cocked it up. If you think we would have overridden two pubic enquiries without the backing of the Deputy Prime Minster then you are mistaken. Blears was following orders.

You have got to be a pretty dumb Albion supporter, or a JCL, to not appreciate the good he did. We battled for years BECAUSE of Prescott's help. It would have been over pretty quickly had he not stood up for us and against the various negative reports.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What an idiotic statement. John Prescott ignored the findings of a myopic planning inspector to grant us permission for the stadium. A civil service flunky got the wording wrong on the letter and LDC took advantage of the loophole. Prescott continued to support the application whilst holding the position of Deputy Prime Minister and if you think this had nothing to do with the succeeding ministers backing the plans then you are fool.

This.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He's fat, he's round, he gave us a new ground
I guess that has a better ring to it than
he's fat, he's round, he tried to give us a new ground.

Irrespective of policy, there is no doubt of his role in our history.
Except there is. He said yes, they cocked it up, and the court said no, so we had to go back to his successor.
I hope he gets the welcome he deserves.
Likewise. Not really his fault the legal team cocked it up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here