Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"One Johnny Prescott, there's only one Johnny Prescott..."

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Let's leave the politics out of it. As far as I'm concerned, we have one of the best stadiums in the country, after years of playing at one of the worst, and to get to that point was a struggle that few other clubs could even begin to understand. Anyone who played a role in that- particularly those who have no connection to our club, or stood to gain nothing personally from it but supported it anyway- has earned my thanks and respect.

So I'll happily shake JP's hand if I see him in passing tomorrow. Probably won't give him any more flowers though.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Prescott's SUPPORT was pivotal. I woudn't want to to whitewash that out of any picture. But, at the end of the day Barry, it was SUPPORT and not APPROVAL by the time the decision came to be made.. My simple point was that there was plenty of ammunition for Hazel Blears to use to if she had wanted to scupper the application, and she could have. I am sure that JP and Steve Bassam made their views on the subject very clear to her, but at the end of the day she, and only she, took the deciision. Officials may well have advised approval but she was quite free to ignore that if she wanted to or had a reason to.

Interesting.

I'm sure I've read a letter where Prescott gave his APPROVAL...

The fact it was over-turned on an irritatingly minor technicality is another issue; point is, he DID approve it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Wouldn't his decision to approve it, then getting promoted to deputy pm influence heavily hazel blears' decision to approve it? It would be career suicide to overturn the decision of the man your party has just made deputy prime minister.

Julio

Feb 18, 2009
Whatever the political ins and outs and the who said whats, Prezza became an Albion fan during the planning process and spoke openly about the effectiveness of our campaigning. We won over a friend and he's continued to have a soft spot for us - that makes him a very welcome visitor and worthy of a very warm reception. There were many heroes in the battle for Falmer, many people without whom it would never have happened and JP played his part. I'd buy him a pie and a pint to say thanks for what he did.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Let's just take Prescott in comparison to various other politicians, local and national, successful and FAILED, that we've encountered over the years. David Bellotti. Norman Baker. Ann de Vecchi. Marina Pepper. I'm sure there are more.

JP stands up pretty well in comparison to most of them.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Let's just take Prescott in comparison to various other politicians, local and national, successful and FAILED, that we've encountered over the years. David Bellotti. Norman Baker. Ann de Vecchi. Marina Pepper. I'm sure there are more.

Hallelujah Sister

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
He could have all too easily killed the stadium cold dead if he had been so inclined.

But he saw it's merits and didn't.

He was a friend to us. Let's be a friend to him.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes

More to the point, all of them wouldn't have given two hoots if the Albion had died - at one point one of them could've benefitted from it...!
JP's alright as far as I'm concerned.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Prescott is a f***ing diamond.

prescott_punch1SKY410x309.jpg

BOSH

I've never given him the credit he deserves for this jab, swift and excellently targeted. Right in the KISSER

[yt]w_GLHsq_8KU[/yt]

John Prescott

Mar 30, 2012
Hello Seagulls!

Really looking forward to seeing the finished stadium. Last time I was there was back in April. Loved your John Prescott Fan Club (Provisional) banner.

I was enormously impressed by your campaign. It seems wherever I went - even abroad - there was an Albion fan lobbying me for Falmer. It was always good natured but I could tell how much the club meant to you.

Anyway, I wonder if you can help one of my campaigns. I think the pasty tax is wrong so I'm holding a Brighton Pasty Party to protest against 20% going on freshly baked savouries and see if we can get it overturned before it comes into effect in October. We should be taxing bankers not bakers and I know how much you love your pies and a pint!

So if you can, pop down to meet me at Greggs on 150 North Street at 10.45 tomorrow morning. I'll be giving away 100 pasties and sausage rolls to show our support for High Street bakers. To get your free pasty, just turn up in an Albion shirt or scarf. I'll then be off to the ground at 11.45am to look around the Amex.

Look forward to meeting you. Might even pop in for a pint afterwards.

Seagulls!

JP

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
So if you can, pop down to meet me at Greggs on 150 North Street at 10.45 tomorrow morning. I'll be giving away 100 pasties and sausage rolls to show our support for High Street bakers. To get your free pasty, just turn up in an Albion shirt or scarf. I'll then be off to the ground at 11.45am to look around the Amex.

Seagulls!

JP

John,

I suggest you save some space for a pie at the stadium - they are selling like hot cakes (albeit ambient cakes may be cheaper as they wont incur the pastytax). Locally produced, just like the ale at the ground.

One of the real success stories of the stadium is the boost it has given to local businesses - just what they (and the consumers) need in these straightened times. I'm sure they, like me, thank you.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Hello Seagulls!

Really looking forward to seeing the finished stadium. Last time I was there was back in April. Loved your John Prescott Fan Club (Provisional) banner.

I was enormously impressed by your campaign. It seems wherever I went - even abroad - there was an Albion fan lobbying me for Falmer. It was always good natured but I could tell how much the club meant to you.

Anyway, I wonder if you can help one of my campaigns. I think the pasty tax is wrong so I'm holding a Brighton Pasty Party to protest against 20% going on freshly baked savouries and see if we can get it overturned before it comes into effect in October. We should be taxing bankers not bakers and I know how much you love your pies and a pint!

Seagulls!

JP

I'm afraid I can't make the pasty party but can I just say thank you for giving the go ahead to Falmer when the easy option may have been to turn it down. Cheers!

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Such a shame I've got a rehearsal tomorrow morning. I'd have popped down to snap the Pasty Protest. But don't eat all the pies, John. Save room for the delicious offerings at the Amex.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
John,

I'll buy you a pint if I see you -

You gave us a lot of hope in those bad days - and for that I will never forget
what you did.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Greetings John from North Wales (just a stone's throw from Prestatyn... or an egg's throw from Rhyl! :lolol:)
Thank you for your support and approval of the Falmer Stadium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here