Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Olympic torch arrives in Sussex tomorrow

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Anyone know someone carrying it?

I'm assuming it'll be the usual mix of corporates, local celebrities and worthy locals.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Seeing this event at the cricket ground tomorrow, looking forward to it as well

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
I don't know anyone carrying the torch through Sussex, but my cousin will be carrying it through Lewisham on the 23rd

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
David van Day? :lolol:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Mondays Torch Bearers

http://www.london2012.com/torch-relay/torchbearers/day=2012-07-16/index.html

Tuesdays Torch Bearers

http://www.london2012.com/torch-relay/torchbearers/day=2012-07-17/index.html

I have been watching lots of the route and nearly all the torch bearers are there because they have been nominated by the public. I have been moved by some of the stories, cannot wait to see it. Goes through Arundel tomorrow when I am at a the cricket so may pop down. But comes near to me house early Tuesday morning.

Crowds in Hove will be massive, 10,000 tickets gone for the evening celebration at the county ground and Hove Park will be full with Same Sky celebrations. Rizzle Kicks are the celebrities carrying it on Hove stage. Not sure if any celebrity is involved with Brighton leg, should have been ole ole ole ole Vicente...

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Robin Cousins is carrying for part of the Brighton section apparently. Most of the runners are not even from Sussex however.

I'll pop out to see it as it goes along past Preston Park on Tuesday morning.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
Seems to be a lot of Germans carrying it tomorrow through Bognor/outlying villages.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Most of the runners are not even from Sussex however.

Loads of local people carrying it. I know like the South West legs we have some French people invited over due to our close relations. How far is it going along, It looks like it might not go as far a Preston Park before being shipped off to Crawley and Lewes way.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Loads of local people carrying it. I know like the South West legs we have some French people invited over due to our close relations. How far is it going along, It looks like it might not go as far a Preston Park before being shipped off to Crawley and Lewes way.

Why? Have they changed the route then. It says in the Arsegas that it's going from the Pavilion along London Road, Preston Road and then as far as Patcham.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Why? Have they changed the route then. It says in the Arsegas that it's going from the Pavilion along London Road, Preston Road and then as far as Patcham.

Excellent stuff, only list I saw online had it to before Preston Park, makes more sense going all the way. Shame its not going to the AMEX.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
It would have been awesome to have the Brighton leg finishing on the pitch at the Amex. Could have gone for a pie and pint too :(

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
On that list - it includes someone I went to school with who works for one of the sponsors and also Linvoy Primus is running it through Portsmouth lol

make the 2 people I know - both work for a sponsor

Pete the running coach from brighton + hove athletic club should be brining it past our house at 6pm:clap: I think he can buy it for £500:ohmy:

Peter volunteers 3 days a week to coach 100+ children at Brighton & Hove Athletics Club. He manages the U13 team and for over 20 years has also managed the Veterans Athletics Team. Since retiring 2 years ago Peter also referees the U11 boys and girls footballs teams at Patcham Junior School. Prior to this he spent 10 years managing Patcham Utd. Peter is an inspiration to the children, with his enthusiasm, dedication and constant encouragement. Peter takes great pleasure in seeing the children improve and setting personal bests. He tells them that sport is about taking part whatever their ability and encourages the children to reach their personal potential. Family holidays apart, Peter has never missed a training session and often attends meets when he knows that athletes from the club are involved. Peter has been running at Brighton & Hove Athletics Club for more than 50 years and has taken part in over 1000 events throughout his career. He has twice run for the England's veteran team.

Last edited:

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
My brother in law is carrying it on the Worthing leg late afternoon tomorrow. He works for a charity in Chichester (where he lives). His nomination came through a bit strangely, he only got nominated late last week. Not sure why or how but a great thing to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here