Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Old Away Scheme member......

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Wasn't it only publicized on the club website though? Not everyone goes on there.

And why should someone need to be given an "oppurtunity" not to be charged when they have already paid anyway?

Now this IS the correct answer.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
And discussed extensively on here. And in the Argus.

The scheme has changed so they had no obligation to the old scheme at all really. It was pretty good of them to give that opportunity, they didn't have to at all.
Not everyone comes on here. I don't remember seeing it in The Argus although you are probably right.

The name has changed but a 'white member' is still essentially the same as an 'away member', it's just that they have introduced new groups as well. What would have been the problem with just making existing away members who weren't STHs white members??

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
you talking about the recent form? if so yes there was a time limit and they even delayed that a couple of weeks!

The form I have has no time limit on it.It just says my membership will be continued.I have sent it in,and kept copies.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Just when the club though it had seen the back of expensive solicitors, we have this leviathan rear its ugly head. In order to save the club from another risky court appearance, shall we have a whip-round to re-imburse the £10? Hopefully, this will see off yet another costly legal challange.

I'll start with, um, let me see <shakes pocket for loose change> 23p.

TLO - Starting the WHAM RAP (Withdeanwombat's Hampered Albion Membership - Return All Payments) fund.

There was no time limit set on the form.

So not so simple.Apparently there were 46000 aws members.Lot of tenners.(Figures from club,btw.)

There doesn't need to be. I assume the club doesn't employ a psychic so they couldn't possibly have known that they would want to change the AMS. They have closed the old scheme completely, which was just an Away Members Scheme and introduced a Seagulls membership scheme with three different levels, and three different levels of benefits. They gave notice that anyone wishing to join the lowst level of this scheme for free from the old scheme could do so if they applied by 1st September. What else did you want them to do? You had plenty of time, YOU didn't get yourself into gear and get it sorted. It's not like the whole time of the notice period was the off season either, it was mentioned in programmes and at matches as well.

You don't have a leg to stand on with your legal challenge, you've got less of a case than Falmer Parish Council FFS.

Wasn't it only publicized on the club website though? Not everyone goes on there.

And why should someone need to be given an "oppurtunity" not to be charged when they have already paid anyway?

It's a frigging tenner for crying out loud!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
What would have been the problem with just making existing away members who weren't STHs white members??

Wasn't the whole point of the new system to give priority to those that regularly attend games?

If there were something like 25,000-40,000 AMS members, then something needed to be done. There needed to be safety measures to ensure that a one a game fan, does not have the same rights as a 20+ game a season fan or those that follow the Albion across the country.

There had to be a cut off point at some stage. They can't be processing applications through out the year if the system needs to be sorted once and for all. It is not a perfect solution, but maybe better in the long run.

Not everyone comes on here. I don't remember seeing it in The Argus although you are probably right.

The name has changed but a 'white member' is still essentially the same as an 'away member', it's just that they have introduced new groups as well. What would have been the problem with just making existing away members who weren't STHs white members??

See my post above. You're right, not everyone comes on here, but Wombat clearly does! It was in match programmes and announced at games too. No excuses really.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
The form I have has no time limit on it.It just says my membership will be continued.I have sent it in,and kept copies.

my apologies i thought you meant about a time limit on re-joining not if this form runs out, my bad :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just when the club though it had seen the back of expensive solicitors, we have this leviathan rear its ugly head. In order to save the club from another risky court appearance, shall we have a whip-round to re-imburse the £10? Hopefully, this will see off yet another costly legal challange.

I\'ll start with, um, let me see <shakes pocket for loose change> 23p.

TLO - Starting the WHAM RAP (Withdeanwombat\'s Hampered Albion Membership - Return All Payments) fund.

But its not the MONEY Alan. Its the PRINCIPLE.
And has anyone even stopped to consider the children of Mile Oak in all this ?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
But its not the MONEY Alan. Its the PRINCIPLE.
And has anyone even stopped to consider the children of Mile Oak in all this ?

I have - f*** 'em. f*** 'em all. And if they can't handle it - let 'em riot. Smash it up, tear it down. Burn! Burn! Burn! Send in the Riot Pigs of Death...

TLO - iconic figurehead of the Martin Perry Como (Children Of Mile Oak) Front.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If there were something like 25,000-40,000 AMS members, then something needed to be done. There needed to be safety measures to ensure that a one a game fan, does not have the same rights as a 20+ game a season fan or those that follow the Albion across the country.

There had to be a cut off point at some stage. They can\'t be processing applications through out the year if the system needs to be sorted once and for all. It is not a perfect solution, but maybe better in the long run.
What you are describing there is a CULL
Cut out all the old deadwood, the so-called fans who joined the AMS about five years ago, then went to Spurs and havn;t bothered since. So the renewels are from those fans who STILL go regularly enough to know that they needed to renew if they wanted to continue.

Yeeeeesss. I like your way of thinking.

Cut out all the old deadwood, the so-called fans who joined the AMS about five years ago, then went to Spurs and havn;t bothered since. So the renewels are from those fans who STILL go regularly enough to know that they needed to renew if they wanted to continue.

That's precisely what it was.

Of course if Withdeanwombat really wants to start on the person whose fault all this is then he should be picking on Beach Hut...

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
last time I checked the small claims court costs more than a tenner?

I'm willing to bet it would cost him about that to get to the Small claims court:lol:

There was no time limit set on the form.

So not so simple.Apparently there were 46000 aws members.Lot of tenners.(Figures from club,btw.)

And if the club did manage to bring in a couple of hundred thousand you're unhappy with that? It's not as if we need the money is it?

IT'S A FRIGGING TENNER! Let it go.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

Easy does the 'Gold' membership allow the complimentary hurling of sticky toffee cake?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Pretty shoddy of the club to do this I reckon and I would have expected better.

Lifetime means lifetime of the scheme? Yeah right... well wriggled.

But the old scheme wasn't that great anyway. They managed to 'lose' my sisters membership from the computer system so she had to enroll twice, so I'm sure she'll be happy to pay yet another tenner for a further lifetime membership.

Why don't they just be upfront and say it's an annual fee, or a 5 yearly fee?

Still as everyone says 'it's only a tenner'...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here