Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

oh dear oh dear.... 3 goals conceded AGAIN!! what has gone wrong? COMMENTS PLEASE!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was very optomistic that we would turn it around until I heard the team announced and said then, that is another defeat coming.

We cannnot defend against players of flair we are ok generally against mostv teams but cannoty cope with individuals with flair, of which there are many in The Championship, like Chopra.

Our central defenders are all poor in the air and will continue to be caught out until either we sign an experienced defender who can attack the ball or El Abd as back. Ipswich picked up such a player Sonko on a free when he was looking for a club.

We are playing Vincelot in the wrong position he is a natural defensive midfielder who should partner Bridcut.

Dont even start me on Navarro who according to the radio was directly responsioble for a goal today by not doing his job.

Our defence is non existant which is suprising as Tarrico was and is still a good defender and I would have expected him to be able to impart his klnowledge to our full backs and thus stop Calderon allowing a right footed player, playing on the left from putting the ball onto his right foot to score 2 goals.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Stop being such a bunch of negative spoilt plastic supporters. We were in League 1 last season without a football ground. We're in the play-offs and after just getting beaten away to a very strong Ipswich team. Its a disgrace that we should feel any self pity at the moment when you look back at Halifax away in the bottom tier with the likes of Peter Smith (dreadlocks) and Jeff Minton running our show. Amazing times with an exciting future. f*** today and bring on tomorrow! SEAGULLS!!!

Well said that man, but I'm afraid most of the moaning plastics won't have clue about the likes of Smith & Minton!

BHABen

Jan 12, 2010
We defo need a keeper, what concerns me most is we have led in the last 3 games and got 1 point, are we mentally strong enough?, i think the 2 week break will do us good

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We still need a Championship proven striker with presence and we need to start passing the ball a bit more quickly. Sometimes our build up play is so slow and transparent it makes us look very amateurish, at least at this level. I don't want us to play hoof ball but we do need to move the ball with a much greater pace and be a tad more inventive.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
this is so true we should have signed from the back during the transfer window...defence is very poor we said it last year exactly on here what if elphick and el-abd get injured??? well here's the results, unfortunate. 11 goals in 4 games conceded....

Get a grip will you mate, think you'll find dip dab and elf have been injured for longer than the last 4 games. I don't think it's that we are worse it's more that with better managers/players in this league the opposition are working out how to stop us playing and how to beat us.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I was very optomistic that we would turn it around until I heard the team announced and said then, that is another defeat coming.

We cannnot defend against players of flair we are ok generally against mostv teams but cannoty cope with individuals with flair, of which there are many in The Championship, like Chopra.

Our central defenders are all poor in the air and will continue to be caught out until either we sign an experienced defender who can attack the ball or El Abd as back. Ipswich picked up such a player Sonko on a free when he was looking for a club.

We are playing Vincelot in the wrong position he is a natural defensive midfielder who should partner Bridcut.

Dont even start me on Navarro who according to the radio was directly responsioble for a goal today by not doing his job.

Our defence is non existant which is suprising as Tarrico was and is still a good defender and I would have expected him to be able to impart his klnowledge to our full backs and thus stop Calderon allowing a right footed player, playing on the left from putting the ball onto his right foot to score 2 goals.

Apart from this your happy? And there was you claiming Gus should be the next England manager a couple of weeks ago!

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
LET OFF STEAM HERE...should have signed a big centre-back...we were asking all the way through the transfer window. do we need a new keeper??? does cms style of play suit the way the team play? should we be playing lua lua more??

Whats the point in our reserve keepers if gus thinks they are too shit to start a game.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Listening to BBC commentary and Paul Clark was saying that we seem a bit one-paced. Which is exactly what I was thinking after Tuesday night (not at today's game). We don't seem to suddenly snap up a gear and get midfielders making forward runs - we just expect Noone or whoever's playing wide to do it. Just a thought.

Anyway f*** it, two weeks off, we've got a great manager who knows a billion times more about football than I do, this is the best football club on the planet and the sun's out.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Vincelot is a defender by trade BG, his first time playing in midfield was with d&r

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
In the car on the way home, not a bad game but we are getting found out at the back, on the whole I thought we played ok until their 1st goal and then we crumbled.
I think the lack of championship experience us our biggest problem and as much as I hate to say it Casper is just not good enough for this league.
Vicente's goal was special though.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Exactly. Chill people. A nice mid table season will b e lovely. A little flirt with the play offs even nicer :) Just enjoy our new stadium and our fantastic managaer and decent players. Remember David Lee / Mark McCammon et al - things are rosey at the moment still overall!

Can I have some of whatever it is you are drinking/eating/smoking? I could do with a little lift right now.

Oct 25, 2003
As I said on Tuesday and was criticised for, we try Plan A and if it doesn't work we try Plan A again and if it's still not working we'll go with Plan A a litle more. Sometimes you just have to accept other teams can play football too and better than us.

i agree.....last season we had glenn and wood (and i guess fran) which meant that when our passing game was going badly we could go long to those players.....we sometimes try that now but lumping it up to cms and barnes is completely ineffective as they're too small

we need a big bad ANIMAL upfront that we can lump it up to every now and again if our passing game isn't going well

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
We've come up from league 1 and we're in the top 6. How can anyone possible complain? Yes 1 point from 4 games is relegation form but all teams have dips during a season.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can I have some of whatever it is you are drinking/eating/smoking? I could do with a little lift right now.

Excercise my man - just been playing footy in this heat - was full of cold earlier and now feel bit better :moo: Also i expected us to lose today - esp after Ips beat WHam away midweek and we obviously lost. Ipswich have also spent a lot and have some premier quality players!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Nothing to do with having a big man upfront, that is old neanderthal football. You need to control midfield and today it seemed a diamond formation made us too narrow and exposed our full backs. Add to that the confidence being low.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
I was not moaning by my post just some fans think were actually better than we are. I have said for ages 8-12 in the table will be a good season.

We have hit a bad spell but what team don't. We won't go up this year, or possibly the next but this team ant about right now its about the future we need to build. Ya can't run before ya can walk.

seagulls

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
We are getting done for pace all over the park but especially at full back. For some reason we don't want to close players down and put a foot in, it's strange

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here