Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

oh dear oh dear.... 3 goals conceded AGAIN!! what has gone wrong? COMMENTS PLEASE!!

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
It's never nice to see Gus so pissed off, but when he gets like this he does something about it. There could be changes afoot in the next couple of weeks. One thing from me: Alan Navarro should not be starting games at this level.

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
Too much negativity on this board tonight, my only criticism is that we may be too one dimensional. We have one style of playing, and that's obviously the continental style from the back. This is great when it works but I have the feeling teams are beginning to suss our style of play out. I can see why Poyet wanted to bring Paynter in as a target man because he offers that 'Plan B' if things aren't going right.

Onwards and upwards though, 5th is a great position at this stage, think the international break has come at a great time for us.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
We've got Adam El Abd back in training. He was immense last season and he is a real physical presence. Having him back will be like a new signing.

Sorry dude great season last year but another painter .... Slow and league one standard going to get found out at this level fast

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I can't say that i am currently shitting myself and fearing relegation or mouthing off with an air of disappointment. We've not had a slump under Gus, and i suppose this is a small one thus far. I trust he'll turn it around glamourously. The team has to get itself back together and not believe it has any holes in itself, then we can remuster the confidence and form that goes with it. We haven't the best players in the world, but why do they need to be constantly told that and be shown as a disappointment that they've not become it? It's about the unit and not faulty individuals.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
All issues we have are due to the left and right back, not the keeper

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
Whats the panic? yes with have had a bad few games but we are still 5th in the league, Gus and hes team now have 2 weeks to sort out the problems and im sure they will

flint

Jul 9, 2003
eastbourne
Ffs

We cannot keep conceding 3 goals. Our keeper does not command the area so puts the defence under extra pressure. He is not confident when the ball is passed back to him. Change is needed. If our othe keepers are not good enough why are they there.
We are good enough to stay up but we could with a couple of changes be so much better. We have the manager but he needs to wield the axe now

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Whats the panic? yes with have had a bad few games but we are still 5th in the league, Gus and hes team now have 2 weeks to sort out the problems and im sure they will

9 goals in 3 games against average at best teams is the panic. Are Ipswich, Leeds or Palace going to push for automatic promotion or even (especially Leeds and Palace) be play off favourites?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
We've hit bad form before. Gus will sort it.

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
9 goals in 3 games against average at best teams is the panic. Are Ipswich, Leeds or Palace going to push for automatic promotion or even (especially Leeds and Palace) be play off favourites?

Yes 9 goals in 3 matches is a disapointment, but its not panic stations we all know we are better then what we have showed in the last games and we have only played 10 games and are still sitting pretty in the league and have the best manager in the division to sort out the problems

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
We still need a Championship proven striker with presence and we need to start passing the ball a bit more quickly. Sometimes our build up play is so slow and transparent it makes us look very amateurish, at least at this level. I don't want us to play hoof ball but we do need to move the ball with a much greater pace and be a tad more inventive.
Truest post so far,our build up is slow and predictable,passes must be faster and more accurate.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
OK so it needs a bit of a pragmatic approach here:

1)We were never ever going to cakewalk this league.
2)We are still 5th FCS!
3)Teams are not going to let us play this tempo and attack game, we have been watched and there are experts out there planning a counter proposal.
4)The four matches that I have seen at home have been , with the exception of the last one, cracking.
5)Gus is assembling a squad to press for the premiership.
6)Rome was'ne built in day
7)There are weaknesses, we know them,but they will be plugged.
8)The roses still smell nice.
9)We have Gus!

Cheer up everybody , you could be unfortunate enough to be a Selhurst Supporter!

TNBA

TTF

Bisto

Getting older everyday
Oct 25, 2010
Brighton
LET OFF STEAM HERE...should have signed a big centre-back...we were asking all the way through the transfer window. do we need a new keeper??? does cms style of play suit the way the team play? should we be playing lua lua more??

Replace Greer and get Adam back ASAP

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here