Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

oh dear oh dear.... 3 goals conceded AGAIN!! what has gone wrong? COMMENTS PLEASE!!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Lets face it, Gus is still a rookie manager with only 1 full season behind him. A step up in class and his constant attacking stance is under some scrutiny for the first time. We are playing teams like Palace and Ipswich that have consistently survived in this league, whereas we have consistently struggled in this league in recent years.

I ask myself why Leeds let Ankergren go when they got promoted. He is vulnerable to crosses with his "flapping" and team are exploiting that by getting behind Calde and Painter to get crosses in. That is my assessment anyhow, but then I am shite at FM2011 :)

Oct 25, 2003
Nothing to do with having a big man upfront, that is old neanderthal football. You need to control midfield and today it seemed a diamond formation made us too narrow and exposed our full backs. Add to that the confidence being low.

i don't necessarily mean a big lump like......danny webb or someone shit like that, but we DO need someone with a bit of presence up top. Obviously they'd need to play as well or they'd stick out like a sore thumb. Whenever we try to go long (which we DO need to do sometimes) we instantly give away possession because despite their obvious ability, CMS and barnes aren't big enough...this happened against palace a lot and contributed to wave after wave of palace attack

a glenn murray type player would be ideal

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Our build up needs to be faster, against liverpool, leeds 2nd halfs and the first 20 mins against Palace we zipped th ball about and controlled the midfield. When things don't go quite right, we are losing confidence and not doing things properly. Its nothing Gus cant fix.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
And most of you say 'in Gus we trust' well the bloke hasn't a f***ing clue. he says we don't need a keeper and keeps that even worse one on the bench.

Gus should be sacked.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
And most of you say 'in Gus we trust' well the bloke hasn't a f***ing clue. he says we don't need a keeper and keeps that even worse one on the bench.

Gus should be sacked.

Can someone please either ban or 'Jamie' this Palace troll. 17 Dominoes pizzas to his mum's house for starters me thinks.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Not that I'm superstitious but Gus did say after the Leeds game "We don't concede 3 goal a game as a rule" (or words to that effect) but this is now the third 3 goals conceded game on the bounce. Hopefully these things come in threes and it will be normal service resumed after the international break.
Up The Albion
We will still be in the mix at the top at the end of the season.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Our build up needs to be faster, against liverpool, leeds 2nd halfs and the first 20 mins against Palace we zipped th ball about and controlled the midfield. When things don't go quite right, we are losing confidence and not doing things properly. Its nothing Gus cant fix.

Nail hit firmly on head right there

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
i don't necessarily mean a big lump like......danny webb or someone shit like that, but we DO need someone with a bit of presence up top. Obviously they'd need to play as well or they'd stick out like a sore thumb. Whenever we try to go long (which we DO need to do sometimes) we instantly give away possession because despite their obvious ability, CMS and barnes aren't big enough...this happened against palace a lot and contributed to wave after wave of palace attack

a glenn murray type player would be ideal

I get that, i agree but we dont need to lump it up when things arent going right. If we need more upfront then your right. But when our midfield are getting over run, it will mean lumping up the park. We need to use a big man top play off when you are under the cosh, that then enables you to take control of midfield. I think wood helped us alot last year, but don't forget Murray was playing in those games and we still needed wood to change it a bit. The midfield and is my concern. If that doesnt get going our defense collapse.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
We've got Adam El Abd back in training. He was immense last season and he is a real physical presence. Having him back will be like a new signing.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
we need to be able to attack fast without resorting to just 50:50 long ball stuff. We are too slow every time and it needs t be varied.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
We've got Adam El Abd back in training. He was immense last season and he is a real physical presence. Having him back will be like a new signing.

If he is back in training that is great news. If he gets back the form of last year it will be a great help

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India

Gus should be sacked.

F*ck off Palace troll.

Yep not great, but apart from Southampton and Derby - everyone's inconsistent - so this is the Championship roundabout - I'm gonna enjoy this ride all the while we're still well above the Palace.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Whats gone wrong??...Well we had a very soft start to the season and now we are coming up against stronger opposition. We have the same keeper and back four as we did last season, yes I know Dunk has played every game up until today but remember he could not get a starting place last year. So we have a very good division one defence playing championship football. Look no further as to where the problem lies.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Whats gone wrong??...Well we had a very soft start to the season and now we are coming up against stronger opposition. We have the same keeper and back four as we did last season, yes I know Dunk has played every game up until today but remember he could not get a starting place last year. So we have a very good division one defence playing championship football. Look no further as to where the problem lies.

Could be it

Oct 25, 2003
I get that, i agree but we dont need to lump it up when things arent going right. If we need more upfront then your right. But when our midfield are getting over run, it will mean lumping up the park. We need to use a big man top play off when you are under the cosh, that then enables you to take control of midfield. I think wood helped us alot last year, but don't forget Murray was playing in those games and we still needed wood to change it a bit. The midfield and is my concern. If that doesnt get going our defense collapse.

yep, can't disagree with that

for me, bridcutt aside the rest of our central midfielder's are fairly average (and vicente is also excused if he's going to play there)....need to strengthen there in january for sure

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Gus should be sacked.

You really really really REALLY need to get a life pal :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here