Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official txt about Chelsea tickets

southasp

Jan 24, 2009
portslade
Why shouldn't we be? Some of us in the middle of the WSU pay around £490 to sit up there.

To be fair it is only a friendly,if it was a league or cup game,I admit I would be proper pissed off, but under the circumstances is it really that bad?
I personally would like to grab a chance to sit in the east and see the west stand packed and in all it's glory, admittedly not half full of Chelski fans though !

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Absolutely disgusting and shambolic decision from an increasingly selfish and piss-taking club. How can they seriously charge £30 for a FRIENDLY? I wouldn't care if it was a dream team of the world's best players coming to The Amex, non-competitive football is and always will be shite. This shows just how lowly BHAFC rate their loyal fans. Paul Barber, if you're reading and if this was your decision, welcome to the club and my first words to you are that you're a f***ing disgrace. Bending over backwards to accommodate Chelsea's every demand is nauseating, and what can those who attend on the day expect? A meaningless match with Gus wanking himself silly over everybody with a Chelsea badge on their shirt, and more importantly their suit. I wouldn't have been particularly interested at any price because friendlies are woeful, but now I hope NOBODY turns up and that this runs at a massive loss for the club. I hope 20,000 turn up to Michel's game on the Tuesday night and raise money for somebody who deserves it, rather than the BHAFC execs with pound signs in their eyes. Absolute scum the lot of them. Barber, if this is your doing, you're on borrowed time with the fans already.

You could always support Crawley.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I'll go to FDM but not this joke of a Freindly. £30 plus booking fee probably, total rip off. Sorry but we need to give Barber the cold shoulder on this. Let him know we won't be blindly throwing money at the Albion unless they reward our loyalty with sensible pricing.
Why don't I get a good feeling about this guy Barber? I don't know myself but I'm quite suspicious. He gives me that Willie Walsh feel of 'if u don't like it f*** off' type. I hope not...

Absolutely disgusting and shambolic decision from an increasingly selfish and piss-taking club. How can they seriously charge £30 for a FRIENDLY? I wouldn't care if it was a dream team of the world's best players coming to The Amex, non-competitive football is and always will be shite. This shows just how lowly BHAFC rate their loyal fans. Paul Barber, if you're reading and if this was your decision, welcome to the club and my first words to you are that you're a f***ing disgrace. Bending over backwards to accommodate Chelsea's every demand is nauseating, and what can those who attend on the day expect? A meaningless match with Gus wanking himself silly over everybody with a Chelsea badge on their shirt, and more importantly their suit. I wouldn't have been particularly interested at any price because friendlies are woeful, but now I hope NOBODY turns up and that this runs at a massive loss for the club. I hope 20,000 turn up to Michel's game on the Tuesday night and raise money for somebody who deserves it, rather than the BHAFC execs with pound signs in their eyes. Absolute scum the lot of them. Barber, if this is your doing, you're on borrowed time with the fans already.

I cringe when I read some of your post especially the ones about music!, but I'm turned round here, a top rant, and If I see you i'll buy you a pint

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
A complete non-story.

Club charges full price for entry against a leading club in Europe. People may not like Chelsea - but that is another matter. The club have done nothing wrong as far as I can see.

Does make me laugh how precious people are about sitting in their own seat!

It makes me laugh how some people feel no ownership or part of this club, It's 'my' turnstyle, 'my' seat, 'my' bog, 'my' queue for the bar, 'my' team and 'my' fuckin club!

"here, Chelsea fan, come and have 'my' seat in the East, don't worry about me because i'm a soppy fucker, i'll go and sit somewhere else, come round tonight as well and have a go on the wife, i'll have the spare room!"

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
This all day
You don't treat the home fans like this,gus will come out and say how lucky we're to have chelsea at the Amex and to see such wonderful players.Im not interested in watching these so called super stars as im a Brighton fan and im interested in watching brighton end of.

I hope it's a shite turn out for once,it will be a gus love fest and be all about chelsea that's 100% fact.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
It makes me laugh how some people feel no ownership or part of this club, It's 'my' turnstyle, 'my' seat, 'my' bog, 'my' queue for the bar, 'my' team and 'my' fuckin club!

"here, Chelsea fan, come and have 'my' seat in the East, don't worry about me because i'm a soppy fucker, i'll go and sit somewhere else, come round tonight as well and have a go on the wife, i'll have the spare room!"
Do you think any other club would give us their main stand?its not about the my seat lark,it's the fact that our main stand has been given to another clubs supporters in which is shocking.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Do you think any other club would give us their main stand?its not about the my seat lark,it's the fact that our main stand has been given to another clubs supporters in which is shocking.

Isn't that because the building works will still be going on. In the normal course of events they would be in the new away section.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think some people are over-reacting massively here.

I imagine a club like Chelsea are quite specific in their demands for these friendlies. Revenue is likely to be shared, so they'll want a decent ticket price to make it worth their while. Aside from that, I really don't think that £30 is wide of the mark given the match-by-match pricing around the ground already (which could well go up this year - we don't know yet).

I would think they'd also request a certain number of seats, particularly for a local game which will be a new ground for all of their support. We've just been unfortunate that it coincides with the building work, hence the dramatic reduction in capacity. I'm sure the club thought long and hard about the best way to accommodate this number, given segregation concerns etc, and the WSU was the best solution.

Have the club ceded too much to host this game? Maybe, maybe not. It's not often we'll have the chance to have the reigning European champions come to town, so the club have done all they can to make it happen.

Oh, and this is highly unlikely to have anything to do with Paul Barber.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I think some people are over-reacting massively here.

I imagine a club like Chelsea are quite specific in their demands for these friendlies. Revenue is likely to be shared, so they'll want a decent ticket price to make it worth their while. Aside from that, I really don't think that £30 is wide of the mark given the match-by-match pricing around the ground already (which could well go up this year - we don't know yet).

I would think they'd also request a certain number of seats, particularly for a local game which will be a new ground for all of their support. We've just been unfortunate that it coincides with the building work, hence the dramatic reduction in capacity. I'm sure the club thought long and hard about the best way to accommodate this number, given segregation concerns etc, and the WSU was the best solution.

Have the club ceded too much to host this game? Maybe, maybe not. It's not often we'll have the chance to have the reigning European champions come to town, so the club have done all they can to make it happen.

Oh, and this is highly unlikely to have anything to do with Paul Barber.

Well said, you'd think some would prefer we were playing a friendly at Withdean against Tunbridge Wells

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Been told that Leicester's friendly against Real Madrid had a lower ticket price, which is a little grating. However, undecided if I'll go to this. Certainly going to Reading, as well as Lewes and Hastings (assuming they announce how to buy tickets for Lewes), and I don't know if I'll be able to afford £30. If not, oh well.

Have they confirmed it's North, WSL and ESL for home fans? Might fancy WSL if I do go.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Do people really think this was done by our new CEO who only started this week....?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Price doesn't really bother me- I presume those who say they won't pay £30 to watch the Albion didn't go to Fratton Park or Selhurst last season. Now that WAS a bloody rip off.

Not particularly enamoured with us giving Chelsea 4,000 seats- it's a friendly, FFS, they should get the usual allocation & lump it, but equally it doesn't seem worth getting a monk on over it.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
You sound like a palace fan, cover blown ???

Oooh! He'll not like that, biggest Albion fan I've ever met, is peanut.
I think you'll find it was a thing called humour.
Google it, you north stand boys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here