Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****Official Transfer Rumour And Speculation Thread****

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The reason I can't believe that Sidwell is remotely possible is he played 26 times for Fulham last season, is under contract until 2014, and must be earning at least 30k a week. Would be an odd decision for Him to come to us and take an almost guaranteed pay cut.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The reason I can't believe that Sidwell is remotely possible is he played 26 times for Fulham last season, is under contract until 2014, and must be earning at least 30k a week. Would be an odd decision for Him to come to us and take an almost guaranteed pay cut.

Agree with that. I can't see where the deal is given the above.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think Vicente is almost certainly on a performance based pay deal so it's hard to put a figure on it.
If he doesn't play I don't reckon it costs us too much, but if he plays and scores a lot of goals it would cost us a nice few quid.
Take a look back at the home game against Portsmouth. When he scores the first goal Gus turns round to look up at the directors box, rubs his thumb and fingers together in a 'money' type way and shrugs then laughs.

He is NOT on pay as you play... other than that, do carry on...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Sidwell, yes please... we moved far too slowly for him under Dick Knight... would love him back...

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
He is NOT on pay as you play... other than that, do carry on...

I didn't say he was on a pay as you play deal did I ?
When you've learnt to read you'll see I said his pay will be 'performance based'... other than that, do carry on...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Right....

So you want to stop "clogging up" a football forum with threads about possible new Brighton Players....
And to do so, he starts another thread about transfer rumours. Genius.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
we are signing [redacted] from [redacted]! Fee is around £[redacted].

You heard it here first! :thumbsup:

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I see Fabian Delph is being loaned out by Villa, & with Lambert ( I imagine) having respect for Gus - in the way he has benefited from Gus bringing on players ( Croft & Bennett) I feel we may have a good chance should we go for him.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
What happened to Santa Cruz cause he seems like he would come down and would be a good striker at this level and he's 6,2" so possibly the target man were looking for??

Questionable that we need a target man. I reckon we would be better off without

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Why? Is having a 6' something "centre forward" a pre requisite? Spain seem to manage pretty well without.

Oops didn't quote .. in response to [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION]

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here