Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Ticket Exchange and Auto Cup purchases launched today

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's not above face value Bob - Face value is £28 surely?! There's always tickets for a score in these areas on NSC. If the seat is sold by the club it's £28 - you just get a ST discount surely?

Either way £20 is DEF a fair price and what everyone in our bit sells theirs on for...

£20 is more than you've paid for it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Really don't wanna come accross as arrogant but I could sell a ticket or my Dad's ticket 10 times over for the odd game. So, so many people around here interested thjat I know. But ye, you're right - there are lots of empties and i find it weird. I don't think half of them bother to attempt to sell myself.

Are starting to get it now? This is the case (except its a lot more than half). Most people simple can't be bothered with the hassle. If I could physically hand my cards to a mate at work., or in the pub, for example, then I'd do that - most would. Funnily enough though, all my mates around here are Southampton fans. All my old mates back in Brighton, are STHs.

To be honest, every time I've missed a game in the last four years, I've given my tickets away. My personal angle on this is not about trying to get as much as possible for the occassional unused ticket - its about seeing the Amex full.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It's not above face value Bob - Face value is £28 surely?! There's always tickets for a score in these areas on NSC. If the seat is sold by the club it's £28 - you just get a ST discount surely?

Either way £20 is DEF a fair price and what everyone in our bit sells theirs on for...

If you are a STH the face value for an individual ticket isn't what the club would charge but the cost of a ST divided by 23.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Are starting to get it now? This is the case (except its a lot more than half). Most people simple can't be bothered with the hassle. If I could physically hand my cards to a mate at work., or in the pub, for example, then I'd do that - most would. Funnily enough though, all my mates around here are Southampton fans. All my old mates back in Brighton, are STHs.

To be honest, every time I've missed a game in the last four years, I've given my tickets away. My personal angle on this is not about trying to get as much as possible for the occassional unused ticket - its about seeing the Amex full.

Maybe this shows that there are a lot of relatively affluent Brighton fans with STs who, as has been said, don't try that hard to re-sell - perhaps because money isn't an issue.

Everyone's situation is different. Have to say, in my case my ST is a treasured 'luxury' purchase in our house, and I rely on some pro rata return to help pay for it. If I didn't get any, I'd have to drop it. So I try my nuts off to re-sell it, of course mainly for this reason, but also as someone who has followed the club for 30-plus years ideally I also want the seat/stadium full and someone else to get to enjoy it for a reasonable price.

I don't feel bad about that at all, because I know my STs were used on occasion last season by people who greatly appreciated it and it was win-win.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
This IS a great idea. As mentioned above, not everyone knows someone who can take the ticket. Yes, you could come on here, but then you do run the risk of someone you don't want having it. A friend of mine passed his ticket to a friend of a friend, who spent the whole game in the middle of the north stand smoking and abusing random people. He's very lucky there was no aftermath to deal with.

For family reasons I quite often have a spare ticket to get rid of, and it's only once gone unused (when someone let me down on the morning of the game), but at times I have had to just give it to someone random in my local who I half know just to see it used. And I grew up around here with a good set of "contacts" who aren't Albion fans. Loads of people don't have this for many reasons.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Maybe this shows that there are a lot of relatively affluent Brighton fans with STs who, as has been said, don't try that hard to re-sell

This is almost certainly the case. They're not all affluent though. Some are just a bit lazy, or simply wouldn't know where to start.

The ticket exchange gives all those people a CHANCE of re-selling it, with zero effort, just by logging on to the ticket site, and clicking the relevant button. They will hopefully see some return. The club will make more money (from on the day kiosk slaes, as well as the resold ticket) which ultimately benefits us all.

Those with the means to do so, will continue to sell their tickets privately.

EVERYONE wins.

I have had my little moan about 75%. I can see both arguments.

Let's just hope this figure will not put some people off offering their empty seat to the exchange. It won't put me off, but I will try friends etc first.

I also hope all the tickets sell for most games so the exchange is activated. I'm sure Sheffield will be the first one. Even if Wednesday don't quite make 3300, they will certainly want more than the 2100 the ESL and SE corner offers.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The admin fee for reprinting paper tickets (per ticket) has gone up to £5 this season. Ie for £10 a pair, pretty much the same as secure postage would cost each way.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The admin fee for reprinting paper tickets (per ticket) has gone up to £5 this season. Ie for £10 a pair, pretty much the same as secure postage would cost each way.

Makes sense. It changes the dynamic of NSC exchange / v official exchange too. It means that if you're selling your ticket (by that means) for £20, but are being charged £5 by the club for a printed ticket, then for all your troubles, you are only ending up with the same amount* as you'd get through the official exchange.

*Except of course it would be cash, rather than pie tokens.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
£20 is more than you've paid for it.

If you are a STH the face value for an individual ticket isn't what the club would charge but the cost of a ST divided by 23.

I don't see a problem with rounding it up to £20. P&P needs to be charged as well

So, next time I let my mate have someones spare ticket that the club sell at £28 I shouldn't say 'just call it a score mate' I should say 'that'll be £18.47826 please'. Do behave it's £1.50 we're talking about - most people dont wanna f*** about with coins. And for a £28 seat £20 is a great deal.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So, next time I let my mate have someones spare ticket that the club sell at £28 I shouldn't say 'just call it a score mate' I should say 'that'll be £18.47826 please'. Do behave it's £150 we're talking about - most people dont wanna f*** about with coins. And for a £28 seat £20 is a great deal.

Of course people will charge £20. I was answering the suggestion that the REBATE should be £20. It would never be more than the ticket cost.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
at the very least I'd like to be able to use the rebated money, towards the following year's season ticket (you can't buy these with e-cash).

I have just used the exchange for the Cardiff game and saw this on the page:-

'If your seat is resold the relevant credit value will be held in your account until a specified date and then deducted from the season ticket renewal price for the following seaason.'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here