Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Ticket Exchange and Auto Cup purchases launched today

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I've never used the NSC ticket exchange because I hardly ever miss a home match, but do people not just hand over their smartcards? I didn't realise they actually went to the trouble of getting a paper ticket printed off. I'm not suggesting for a second you're wrong, I'm just surprised that's how it works.

when we have used it - we have met at the turnstiles, given them the smartcard to get through and taken it back straight away. No hassle.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Are starting to get it now? This is the case (except its a lot more than half). Most people simple can't be bothered with the hassle. If I could physically hand my cards to a mate at work., or in the pub, for example, then I'd do that - most would. Funnily enough though, all my mates around here are Southampton fans. All my old mates back in Brighton, are STHs.

To be honest, every time I've missed a game in the last four years, I've given my tickets away. My personal angle on this is not about trying to get as much as possible for the occassional unused ticket - its about seeing the Amex full.

So what does 'Are starting to get it now' mean?

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have just used the exchange for the Cardiff game and saw this on the page:-

'If your seat is resold the relevant credit value will be held in your account until a specified date and then deducted from the season ticket renewal price for the following seaason.'

:clap2: thanks

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
when we have used it - we have met at the turnstiles, given them the smartcard to get through and taken it back straight away. No hassle.

This is exactly what I do if I can't make a game. Who ever buys the ticket can meet one of my mates outside and then give it straight back. Even if they collect it in advance, they will be sitting next to mates of mine

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A) No, Mr Paranoid. I haven't even bothered reading your 'views' on this thread - just noticed you were arguing as per usual with a few posters in your usual hollier than thou manner.

B) Are you suggesting my posts are 'about getting as much as possible' for tickets rather than seeing the Amex full? I missed one game last yr which I sold the ticket onto a mate for the usual price. I sold countless tickets for mates which often included coach travel (£8 on a season ticket, £10 without) for about £25 usually. Oh no that's 17 pence under what the person had paid for them.

C) Do you ever get bored of suggesting how 'well off' you are to everyone? It really comes across arrogant and snobby.

D) Go and take in some fresh air and enjoy a break cos all you're doing today is pick pick picking and starting arguments that AREN'T EVEN THERE. There i've bitten back. FFS.

A. Well done for grasping the important arguments without even reading the posts. Impressive.

B. No, I'm not suggesting that at all.

C. You really should try to read some posts. Toddle off and find ONE post in the 16,000 where I've suggested 'how well off I am compared to everyone else'. I'm not, so I wouldn't.

D. No, what I've done is take issue with people whining and moaning about problems that aren't even there.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
That seems to make sense, but I guess it only works if you've got somebody in your party who is still going to the match and can make that happen. What about if you go on your own (or your whole group is not going) and the tickets are being used by someone off NSC? Do people trust others with their smartcards or do they have to go to the club to get paper tickets?

I'm a billy no mates and go on my own to matches but last season, because I find it difficult to attend evening games, I posted my season ticket either to my sister or a mate of mine (I have one at least). The problem I had when there was a match the following Saturday was sweating on having the ticket returned to me. So the exchange is perfect fit as I at least have the chance of getting some dosh back and keep my smartcard in hand.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Of course people will charge £20. I was answering the suggestion that the REBATE should be £20. It would never be more than the ticket cost.

No - I never said the rebate should be. I think it sould be 100% ie £18.50 or whatever as the club are selling it twice in theory and will make £10 if they re-sell it. However I can see that it's not a given they well sell the seat. Glad the system is in place but will personally stick to just buying and selling between mates etc.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A. Well done for grasping the important arguments without even reading the posts. Impressive.

B. No, I'm not suggesting that at all.

C. You really should try to read some posts. Toddle off and find ONE post in the 16,000 where I've suggested 'how well off I am compared to everyone else'. I'm not, so I wouldn't.

D. No, what I've done is take issue with people whining and moaning about problems that aren't even there.

I edited my post. As I believe you edited your original one no? Be honest...

If you honestly didn't edit it then i completely apologise cos I totally misread it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I edited my post. As I believe you edited your original one no? Be honest...

If you honestly didn't edit it then i completely apologise cos I totally misread it.

No sorry - I've editted nothing.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No sorry - I've editted nothing.

Well, I am sorry as I read it as 'are you starting on me now'. Sorry wasn't paying much attention. But do find your arguing stance often comes accross a little hollier than thou - that's out now I guess :lol:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I have a question on the auto cup scheme though. Will season ticket holders who don't sign up for the auto payment still have a preferential window to purchase their own seat?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Glad the system is in place but will personally stick to just buying and selling between mates etc.

Which of course is your progative, but last season the club were happy to print out tickets for those who, sensibly, didn't trust or know the person who was taking their ST smartcard. They are not going to do this now. You are in the position to pass you smartcard on, there are obviously 100's and 100's who cannot easily do this hence the 10% STH's missing each game last season. The club are now making this easy so maybe we will only be missing 5%, that's at least 1,000 extra voices in the crowd including supporters who have never had the opportunity to get to a game before.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well, I am sorry as I read it as 'are you starting on me now'. Sorry wasn't paying much attention. But do find your arguing stance often comes accross a little hollier than thou - that's out now I guess :lol:

I like arguing.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I like arguing.

Clearly. Don't use phrases like 'toddle off' though - that comes accross really patronising :lol: :thumbsup:

Oh and while we're here, don't ignore people's replies to your posts, insinuating you are indeed above them :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Which of course is your progative, but last season the club were happy to print out tickets for those who, sensibly, didn't trust or know the person who was taking their ST smartcard. They are not going to do this now. You are in the position to pass you smartcard on, there are obviously 100's and 100's who cannot easily do this hence the 10% STH's missing each game last season. The club are now making this easy so maybe we will only be missing 5%, that's at least 1,000 extra voices in the crowd including supporters who have never had the opportunity to get to a game before.

Yep I agree. But the system will surely only be used a handful of times - there's a lot of tickets to shift these days each game esp if away team gives some back!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Clearly. Don't use phrases like 'toddle off' though - that comes accross really patronising :lol: :thumbsup:

Oh and while we're here, don't ignore people's replies to your posts, insinuating you are indeed above them :)

1. Rest assured I'd only ever use a phrase like 'toddle off' when I meant to come across really patronising.

2. I've replied to about six of your posts on this thread. Don't be so needy.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
At a 90% rebate, I'd have used this all the time. I have to miss a fair amount of matches and it would have been convenient. As it is, I won't bother. Easier to sell it on here and have the certainty then that I'll get some money back on the ticket... More money too than the club would offer.

Unless of course they make moves to enforce the 'non-transferable' aspects of a ST for the first time ever. I can see that being the next step.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here