Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Ticket Exchange and Auto Cup purchases launched today

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Good news re Ticket Exchange.

For those saying the percentage that a STH will get is too low, surely it's better to have your seat filled, and get at least the majority of the amount you paid for it back?

However, with the extra seats, lowere away attendances, and much higher match by match prices, how many times will we actually sell out this season?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Oh stop your whining TCB, firstly most of the stuff if the club shop is not tat, its just you thinking its a cool thing to say and secondly if you don't like it put your ST up in the NSC exchange and run the risk. The club are making it easy of those people (there are 1,000's btw) who are not on NSC, to exchange thier ST for the possibilty of a bit of cash back for a seat that last season was empty - everybody, and yes also the club, wins.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So what price will the club sell tickets at on the ticket exchange? Face value or the price the STH paid for it? I imagine it'll be the former, in which case they're taking a huge cut.

A North Stand seat would be sold for £28 for a one-off match, but the STH would receive 75% of £425/23, which is £13.85.

Yep - It's not that good. I don't like some of the things Barb... I mean the club are doing. All a bit too 'premier leaguey' for me - But I guess that's the way we're going and it's a small sacrifice for all the amazing new facitlities & playing staff we have.

Bottom line for me is - sell your seat to a mate - easy for most. £20 is what a ticket in WSU wings or North usually goes for (it's worth over £18.50 if you divide the ST cost by 23 or it's £28 under our new expensive match by match costs). £20 is fair all round and easy...

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Well done. Another argument won. Let's be honest, you don't really know what you're talking about on this, do you? Clearly not having been involved much in the process.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
However, with the extra seats, lowere away attendances, and much higher match by match prices, how many times will we actually sell out this season?

This is the ONLY issue I have with using the exchange, over selling it privately. If teh match doesn't sell out, you are going to get nothing back. I'm not blaming the club for that of course - why would they sell yours, when they can sell a new one, and pay out no rebate - but it does mean you'd be wise to sell it privately if you can. Its still a good back up option.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Id say its a 95% chance - just so the club get more money. Maybe the club should add a feature to e-cash that you can remove it and have it back in your actual bank account.

It says
Those season-ticket waiting list members, who convert to 2013/14 season-ticket holders, will have the £20 deducted from the season-ticket purchase price.
Why do people have to find fault with the club at every opportunity, even when there is none? Also, what's wrong with it going to e-cash? Are you never going to buy ANYTHING from the club shops or concourse outlets?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well done. Another argument won. Let's be honest, you don't really know what you're talking about on this, do you? Clearly not having been involved much in the process.

Enlighten me. What's not to know?

Someone last year who couldn't go, had two options, IF THEY ARE FAMILIAR WITH NSC - sell it to a freind for £20, or put it on NSC to sell on.
Now those people have THREE options.

Someone who is NOT familiar with NSC had ONE option - to pass it to a freind. Judging by the fact there were regularly 2000 empty seats at sold out matches, a lot of them were very clearly not able to excercise that option. Now those people will be able to make their ticket available for resale, and occassional fans WITHOUT access to and knowledge of NSC, will be able to buy a ticket, and attend the match.

Please, please explain, why this is a terrible idea, that will adversely affect anybody, in any way.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
This has to be another problem. If I wanted to sell my ticket, I'd end up with £21 on my card. I don't want to buy any of the tat in the club shop and I'll be boycotting Amex food this year due to Barber's price hikes, so what exactly am I meant to spend it on? Ticket exchange = shit. Other two ideas = pretty good.

To be fair, they showed last season that you won't pay full price for unattractive games (Gillingham, Wrexham). Instead of £34 you'd probably see £20 disappear out of your account.

But they had to discount these games to attract a crowd. If everyone signed up to the scheme (unlikely I know), the club would have no reason to discount the tickets as they would already be guaranteed a sell out at the normal matchday price (much higher than pro rate season ticket price)

Although I would almost certainly go to any game, I would like to know the price before committing. Would you trust Barber to reduce prices for a lower leage team if he knew we would sell out at a higher price?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Why do people have to find fault with the club at every opportunity, even when there is none? Also, what's wrong with it going to e-cash? Are you never going to buy ANYTHING from the club shops or concourse outlets?

The fault is, people might not want it as e-cash. I mean a good few on here have said they wont be eating/drinking at the Amex anymore because of the price increases. Also a shame you cant buy tickets with e-cash.

Actually thats not a bad idea, might have to "Ask the Club" that.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Bottom line for me is - sell your seat to a mate - easy for most. £20 is what a ticket in WSU wings or North usually goes for (it's worth over £18.50 if you divide the ST cost by 23 or it's £28 under our new expensive match by match costs). £20 is fair all round and easy...
You say that Sheebs, but a lot of people clearly don't find it easy, or don't care as we wouldn't have 2000+ empty seats at every home game.

The big POSITIVE which hasn't been mentioned in this thread, is that if you sell through the ticket exchange, you won't be responsible for the behaviour of the person you sell your ticket too, and won't get blamed if they get thrown out.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yep - It's not that good. I don't like some of the things Barb... I mean the club are doing. All a bit too 'premier leaguey' for me - But I guess that's the way we're going and it's a small sacrifice for all the amazing new facitlities & playing staff we have.

If you sell above face value it becomes touting which could lead to the NSC unofficial ticket exchange being withdrawn.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The fault is, people might not want it as e-cash. I mean a good few on here have said they wont be eating/drinking at the Amex anymore because of the price increases. Also a shame you cant buy tickets with e-cash.

Actually thats not a bad idea, might have to "Ask the Club" that.
I can't believe there are many adults who won't by the odd pint at £3.51.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
To repeat - not EVERYONE is on NSC. The occasional fan who might go once or twice a season, would often have found a game SOLD OUT last season, even though there were 2,000 empty seats in the ground. These people didn't log on to NSC and arrange to hand over £20 to somebody they've never met - they went to the garden centre instead. Now they'll be sold a ticket.

Of course not, but it has its benefits. The ticket exchange is one of them, as is the intellectual debate. I got a ticket off NSC last season, no problem at all.

The actual system of the exchange, is great and has been set up well. Its just the prices that you receive that is a bit off. Maybe a set structure of what you receive, which is a bit higher for fans - IE £20 for the North, club is still making a profit.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I don't understand why anyone on NSC is moaning about the ticket exchange. I'm quite sure that we'll continue to use our own exchange and recover the full costs. What's more, we can even use this when the game isn't a sell-out. The only reason I can see for anyone using the exchange is to try to buy extra tickets for a popular game.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The actual system of the exchange, is great and has been set up well. Its just the prices that you receive that is a bit off. Maybe a set structure of what you receive, which is a bit higher for fans - IE £20 for the North, club is still making a profit.

At £20, so would you be.That's never going to happen.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You say that Sheebs, but a lot of people clearly don't find it easy, or don't care as we wouldn't have 2000+ empty seats at every home game.

The big POSITIVE which hasn't been mentioned in this thread, is that if you sell through the ticket exchange, you won't be responsible for the behaviour of the person you sell your ticket too, and won't get blamed if they get thrown out.

Really don't wanna come accross as arrogant but I could sell a ticket or my Dad's ticket 10 times over for the odd game. So, so many people around here interested thjat I know. But ye, you're right - there are lots of empties and i find it weird. I don't think half of them bother to attempt to sell myself.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
Blimey! That's a turn up.

Next they'll be telling us that BHA is in fact a business that needs to turn a profit to repay the cost of the stadium and to finance all of the big names we want to turn out each week.

What about those that went to Gillingham? Won't SOMEBODY think about those that went to Gillingham? *sob*

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If you sell above face value it becomes touting which could lead to the NSC unofficial ticket exchange being withdrawn.

It's not above face value Bob - Face value is £28 surely?! There's always tickets for a score in these areas on NSC. If the seat is sold by the club it's £28 - you just get a ST discount surely?

Either way £20 is DEF a fair price and what everyone in our bit sells theirs on for...

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Enlighten me. What's not to know?

Someone last year who couldn't go, had two options, IF THEY ARE FAMILIAR WITH NSC - sell it to a freind for £20, or put it on NSC to sell on.
Now those people have THREE options.

Someone who is NOT familiar with NSC had ONE option - to pass it to a freind. Judging by the fact there were regularly 2000 empty seats at sold out matches, a lot of them were very clearly not able to excercise that option. Now those people will be able to make their ticket available for resale, and occassional fans WITHOUT access to and knowledge of NSC, will be able to buy a ticket, and attend the match.

Please, please explain, why this is a terrible idea, that will adversely affect anybody, in any way.

You have several times on this thread already attributed ideas and words to people that they haven't used. In this case, that it's a 'terrible idea'. I thought I said it was what I expected, and a good back-up?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
It's not above face value Bob - Face value is £28 surely?! There's always tickets for a score in these areas on NSC. If the seat is sold by the club it's £28 - you just get a ST discount surely?

Either way £20 is DEF a fair price and what everyone in our bit sells theirs on for...

Very much this, especially if you look at the amount of people, across the Amex, who would be doing this, the club will still be making quite a bit of money. If they are paying it back as e-cash, then if anything the club would be getting more money back !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here