Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Ticket Exchange and Auto Cup purchases launched today

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So what price will the club sell tickets at on the ticket exchange? Face value or the price the STH paid for it? I imagine it'll be the former, in which case they're taking a huge cut.

A North Stand seat would be sold for £28 for a one-off match, but the STH would receive 75% of £425/23, which is £13.85.

Most businesses work on that principle , buy at the right price and sell for double to cover all costs and provide a profit margin.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Ticket Exchange is designed more for the benefit of buyers than it is for sellers, and as one of the latter I'm pleased with it, no complaints at all. Typical usual moaning from the STH crowd.

Even though, for example, the club will be selling you a seat in the North for £28 - you could get that seat on here for £20, more money for the seller, more saving for the buyer.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Even though, for example, the club will be selling you a seat in the North for £28 - you could get that seat on here for £20, more money for the seller, more saving for the buyer.

But could I really? 2 or 3 seats together, ticket provided me to the club vs. having to trust someone I don't know and go through the hassle of picking up the ticket in advance.

Plus if I buy it off TCB I might have to sit next to WW !

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

To repeat - not EVERYONE is on NSC. The occasional fan who might go once or twice a season, would often have found a game SOLD OUT last season, even though there were 2,000 empty seats in the ground. These people didn't log on to NSC and arrange to hand over £20 to somebody they've never met - they went to the garden centre instead. Now they'll be sold a ticket.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If we're being serious about this, one real issue this exposes is that the gap between the pro rata season ticket price and the matchday price is too big, far too big in some areas of the ground.

In time I suspect this will be 'corrected', either by ST prices going up, or matchday prices coming down. I think we all know which one.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So I'm never going to be involved in this scheme, but the numbers involved are a bit of a piss-take in my opinion and the fact you only get the money loaded onto your card rather than in cash isn't right.

I think that the numbers are completely fair, and exactly what could be realistically expected. I agree to a point on the second part though - at the very least I'd like to be able to use the rebated money, towards the following year's season ticket (you can't buy these with e-cash).

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
To repeat - not EVERYONE is on NSC. The occasional fan who might go once or twice a season, would often have found a game SOLD OUT last season, even though there were 2,000 empty seats in the ground. These people didn't log on to NSC and arrange to hand over £20 to somebody they've never met - they went to the garden centre instead. Now they'll be sold a ticket.

Actually, they did. Just for your reference.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If we're being serious about this, one real issue this exposes is that the gap between the pro rata season ticket price and the matchday price is too big, far too big in some areas of the ground.

I don't think anyone would disagree with this point.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Good news about the Ticket Exchange IMHO :clap2:

No, no it isn't. Its shit news. Pure corporate greed, nothing more. I loved all those empty seats at 'sold out' games. Its going to be RUBBISH having people sat in them singing.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Why are you being stupid?

Not EVERY CASUAL BRIGHTON FAN is on North Stand Chat.

You said people didn't come on to NSC prepared to pay someone they didn't know £20 for a ST. I am pointing out that you are categorically wrong about that. Sorry if that's stupid.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

You said people didn't come on to NSC prepared to pay someone they didn't know £20 for a ST. I am pointing out that you are categorically wrong about that. Sorry if that's stupid.

Idiot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here