Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Apologies if I am a bit behind, but if you can manage it, don't defer. Filghts and hotels are a bit pricey but it is a great weekend and you'll love it. The start is amazing and when you run into Manhattan the crowds give you a great lift.

A pleasure. Not done NYC before, I've got a place for this year but might defer. Two races in a year is unfair on my body, and my wife.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Apologies if I am a bit behind, but if you can manage it, don't defer. Filghts and hotels are a bit pricey but it is a great weekend and you'll love it. The start is amazing and when you run into Manhattan the crowds give you a great lift.

Mmmmm. I loved Boston and everyone says NYC is THE one. Boston seemed to take a lot of of me mentally. I'll assess things in July when I'll need to ramp up my training if I want to do it.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Mmmmm. I loved Boston and everyone says NYC is THE one. Boston seemed to take a lot of of me mentally. I'll assess things in July when I'll need to ramp up my training if I want to do it.

Herr, I agree with SSB, having done it twice, it is brilliant. Hope you can do it.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Did anyone do the Worthing 10k Wednesday evening? Would like any feedback (minus the weather/wind as that couldn't be helped) as it was a new route and I helped organize it.

Why was the route changed this year? Will it be staying this way now in future?

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
How did you get on Bob?
4:17 for me.
Ran the first 18 miles - then Harting Hill...! Agh!!!
Got cramp later on too.
Almost identical time to last year

Respect for this time.

How did you do Bob?

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
I ran it twice. First time in 2000 (my virgin marathon) and then again in 2005. I wore my BHA shirt in 2005 which was the light blue stripes. New Yorkers were great but it e a bit thin hearing "Come on Argentina" every few minutes.

Herr, I agree with SSB, having done it twice, it is brilliant. Hope you can do it.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I ran it twice. First time in 2000 (my virgin marathon) and then again in 2005. I wore my BHA shirt in 2005 which was the light blue stripes. New Yorkers were great but it e a bit thin hearing "Come on Argentina" every few minutes.

Same year 2005 SSB, I ran mine in the white palookaville short sleeve top. They were great the New Yorkers. Herr T, if you do it, wear your medal the day after, all of New York treat you as a hero and you get 10% off in shops, if you are shopping like.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
How did you get on Bob?
4:17 for me.
Ran the first 18 miles - then Harting Hill...! Agh!!!
Got cramp later on too.
Almost identical time to last year

5.24 for me, my fastest off-road marathon. Walked all the big uphills once onto the SDW.
Respect is due for running all those uphills!

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Just did my first half maratrhon yesterday. Was a lot of fun and clocked about 1.38, but am yet to check my official time. The last half mile was all uphil and was a bloody KILLER, but I got there in the end. :)

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Just did my first half maratrhon yesterday. Was a lot of fun and clocked about 1.38, but am yet to check my official time. The last half mile was all uphil and was a bloody KILLER, but I got there in the end. :)

Great time SD. Well done. :thumbsup:

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Two days in and stairs are still proving troublesome. My official time was 1.39 so am looking to make 1.35 next time. Glad I did it but no hurry to do a full marathon any time soon. :)

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
I run twice a week anything up to 6 miles, did the London marathon this year 3hrs 48.30 beating my previous marathon time of 4hrs 06 I was pretty chuffed with that, T-Wells Half 1hr 35 which surprised me as it is a very hilly course. I have done many 10k's over the past 5 yrs PB 41:14 in Brighton 2008.

Now looking to do a sprint triathlon 500m swim 26k bike and 5k run, will break the boredom of running.

Any one done a sprint tri before?

Cheers CB

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I run twice a week anything up to 6 miles, did the London marathon this year 3hrs 48.30 beating my previous marathon time of 4hrs 06 I was pretty chuffed with that, T-Wells Half 1hr 35 which surprised me as it is a very hilly course. I have done many 10k's over the past 5 yrs PB 41:14 in Brighton 2008.

Now looking to do a sprint triathlon 500m swim 26k bike and 5k run, will break the boredom of running.

Any one done a sprint tri before?

Cheers CB

I have CB. I started due to running injury 3 years ago, I love it. Recommend it. Has totally helped all the cross training and all.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Any running going on fellow NSC runners?

Phoenix 10k - 20th July
Royal Parks Half Marathon 9th October

Luton Marathon 20th November. This is the race where I hope after 15 marathons I finally break 4hrs. Any support gratefully received. Im hoping by posting this it will spur me to success.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Yep, I'm down for that one. A nice evening amble along the seafront.

Hoping its actually like a July evening and not like October!

Totally, havent had a barmy July evening this July.....it does have an autumnal feeling to it.

Good luck.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here