Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
My knee got better after some rest and the application of some correct Asics Gels. Doing 10k a day around my commitments. Just over the hour. Feeling it in the legs department tbh :smile:

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I run twice a week anything up to 6 miles, did the London marathon this year 3hrs 48.30 beating my previous marathon time of 4hrs 06 I was pretty chuffed with that, T-Wells Half 1hr 35 which surprised me as it is a very hilly course. I have done many 10k's over the past 5 yrs PB 41:14 in Brighton 2008.

Now looking to do a sprint triathlon 500m swim 26k bike and 5k run, will break the boredom of running.

Any one done a sprint tri before?

Cheers CB

Same as Lord Bamber, switched to tri after a knee injury means that maximum run is 10K. Tri is great fun. Managed one Olympic last year, now that was hard work.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I am a 53 year old runner now residing in Devon where there are no flat roads, so my fitness on the road running is improving each year (I Think ??)
Best run so far was a 9.25 mile run in 66mins and there wasnt a decent bit of flat stuff to run on to be honest.
Did The Great West Run last year in 01.35.37 and came 7th in my category, and that was my first ever race, so was well pleased with that.

So you are never to old to try !!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
How did it go Bob?

Got to 54 miles at Amberley before pulling out with a dodgy stomach, hadn't been able to eat since Pyecombe (mile 34).

My first aim was to get to Amberley inside the cutoff, manged that by 20 minutes. It was supposed to be easier (!!!!) from there as I only needed, 20-22 minute miles to complete it. I am content with what I acheived yesterday.

Jersey - Round the Rock (48 miles) is next up, in 4 weeks time.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Same as Lord Bamber, switched to tri after a knee injury means that maximum run is 10K. Tri is great fun. Managed one Olympic last year, now that was hard work.
Cheers and to you Lord Bamber.

I think I will give it a go, East Grinstead Tri May 2012 it is then, I have the swimming and running in the bag just need to practice the transition from bike to running without my legs giving up on me!!

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Got to 54 miles at Amberley before pulling out with a dodgy stomach, hadn't been able to eat since Pyecombe (mile 34).

My first aim was to get to Amberley inside the cutoff, manged that by 20 minutes. It was supposed to be easier (!!!!) from there as I only needed, 20-22 minute miles to complete it. I am content with what I acheived yesterday.

Jersey - Round the Rock (48 miles) is next up, in 4 weeks time.

:bowdown:

Good luck in Jersey.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Cheers and to you Lord Bamber.

I think I will give it a go, East Grinstead Tri May 2012 it is then, I have the swimming and running in the bag just need to practice the transition from bike to running without my legs giving up on me!!

East Grinstead tri is a very good Tri. Havent done it myself but all the people i know who do Tri's have done it and it has got great feedback. Have just started training with a tri club, would suggest training with others, really helps.

Good luck.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Anyone do the Phoenix 10k this eve? I managed a 43 mins which I am chuffed with and managed a cheeky AMEX visit before which was awesome.

Happy Running.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Any good runs away from the seafront at Shoreham? I am finding running into the teeth of this continual gale along Shoreham Beach extremely soul destroying. On Sunday I drove over to Lewes (I grew up there) & parked up before doing a favourite old run out to Barcombe Mills & back via Wellingham Lane, around 8 miles. A change of scenery brought a much more enjoyable run.
Although I'm in my 4th year of living at Shoreham Beach I still don't really know this neck of the woods that well. So, before I explore for myself up the river past Lancing College, anyone on here got any tips of a decent run that will relieve the drudgery of Shoreham Beach? I like to go around 10k normally.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Any good runs away from the seafront at Shoreham? I am finding running into the teeth of this continual gale along Shoreham Beach extremely soul destroying. On Sunday I drove over to Lewes (I grew up there) & parked up before doing a favourite old run out to Barcombe Mills & back via Wellingham Lane, around 8 miles. A change of scenery brought a much more enjoyable run.
Although I'm in my 4th year of living at Shoreham Beach I still don't really know this neck of the woods that well. So, before I explore for myself up the river past Lancing College, anyone on here got any tips of a decent run that will relieve the drudgery of Shoreham Beach? I like to go around 10k normally.

Maybe try the downs link, runs up from Shoreham doesnt it? Ive tried it between Horsham - Cranleigh - Guildford, nice, flat & quiet.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
As LB said, head up to the Red Lion pub, join the Downslink path up to the bridge at Bramber and return on the other side (which is slightly longer beacuse of the meanders of the river). Should be around 10km. Finish at Red Lion for a well deserved pint or ten.

if you fancy a hill run, try running up Mill Hill to the Youth Hostel on the road and then back down cross country. I haven't actually run this route but have cycled it.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Anyone do the Phoenix 10k this eve? I managed a 43 mins which I am chuffed with and managed a cheeky AMEX visit before which was awesome.

Happy Running.

I did it. Great race - good, simple organisation and near perfect conditions.

44.06ish for me I think. Wanted to beat 45mins so pleased with that run

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I did it. Great race - good, simple organisation and near perfect conditions.

44.06ish for me I think. Wanted to beat 45mins so pleased with that run

Well done :thumbsup:

One of the quickest courses Ive run and the conditions were great. On the calendar for me now for next year.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
As LB said, head up to the Red Lion pub, join the Downslink path up to the bridge at Bramber and return on the other side (which is slightly longer beacuse of the meanders of the river). Should be around 10km. Finish at Red Lion for a well deserved pint or ten.

if you fancy a hill run, try running up Mill Hill to the Youth Hostel on the road and then back down cross country. I haven't actually run this route but have cycled it.

I will endeavor to give both a crack, cheers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here