Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****Official Match Thread - Leicester City vs Brighton - 7.45PM - King Power Stadium****

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I'm easily amused. But not as easily amused as Brighton fans... ;-)

It was backs to the Wall V Watford and millwall for spells. They were supposed to be the easier games away - not a chance tonight me thinks if Gus wants to play his defensive styleee.
It can only work against some of the sides in this league not the very best sides.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Quite often these Fans Day (cheap admission events) end up as damp squid.

Brighton Hove Albion (h) Pre-Match Thread - Page 3 - Leicester City Forum - FoxesTalk Forum

Their team might be:

GK - Schmeichel
RB - De Laet
CB - Whitbread
CB - Morgan
LB - Konchesky
RM - Marshall
CM - Drinkwater
CM - King
LM/CAM - Knockaert
ST - Vardy
ST - Nugent

Subs - Logan, Moore, James, Dyer, Waghorn, Futacs, Schlupp

My reckoning on their best players in bold..

What happened to their Harlem Globetrotter sized centre-back; Sol Bamba??

CMS got beasted by him last season...I bet CMS happy not to see him playing?!

joeyball

Oct 22, 2012
I was expecting a bit more fight on here, to be honest. Cheer up, Seagulls - you're in the top half of the table, at least.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I was expecting a bit more fight on here, to be honest. Cheer up, Seagulls - you're in the top half of the table, at least.

Nobody cares though - there is an art to trolling and you just don't have it. You are too literate - far too obvious. A good troll is convincing; you are a bored office worker at his keyboard wasting his time.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The home game may be more of guide from last season as Pearson was in charge:

BBC Sport - Brighton 1-0 Leicester City

I would describe Leicester as cagey rather than defensive. Vicente made the difference.

Away match:

Sven outwitted Gus and played very narrow at Leicester.

Leicester City 1 Brighton and Hove Albion 0: match report - Telegraph

It was the first really off day of the season for the Albion who did not deserve to win.

My reckoning is that we have got better players, but Leicester seem to have a very strong spine to their side which should be good enough for the top six. On the highlights the Frenchmen they had on loan looked their best player last season. He is gone now. They also had Wellens then who was not a Sven high money signing.

So Pearson has transformed the team. From what I gather they have been playing below par and winning all their home games. So they may be able to up their game to get a result and I expect they will have to. If Macca does not start converting his simple chances for us, I think he will have to be dropped. He will probably only get one all game. Nor forgetting that Leicester wanted to sign Macca.
Strikers (excluding Peter Ward) miss one out of two chances and one out of four half chances. Even Rooney and Suarez have missed worse chances than Macca.

Lopez to take the corners if we get any. He won't have many chances to get them right!

Average gate at Leicester last season was over 23,000 (over our capacity last season) so I reckon the crowd will be 23,036.

Their mystery young winger: Anthony Knockaert
This might be their main danger, an unknown Frenchman. However, he will be up against Bruno (who has not been tested against a tricky winger).

If the inconsistent Neill Danns cannot make their subs bench, Leicester may be better than they appear on paper.
Andy King is a goalscoring midfielder maybe in the Will Buckley style.

And the really big question , who is going to score and how? Buckley to lay the ball in front of Barnes or Macca ?

Will Leicester be complacent after their winning sequence? Probably not (as they struggled a bit before winning) , but you never know: they might get slapdash! And once this pattern starts it is hard to get out of.

Even the reserves lose last night to Brentford 1-2 ? Barker, Hoskins and Agdestein upfront

DS Report: Albion 1 Brentford 2

Last edited:

jjt1976

Dec 29, 2009
dont suppose there is a stream for tonights game is there? i know its a long shot with all the champions league games on.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
player already on WTF?
really have a good feeling about this one and had it all day
Meggy up for this one too after a long illness she is ready to go
3-1 to the good guys
match title does not matter the Albion make their own luck
COME ON THE aLBION

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
player now gone off
WTF is going on with that lot
looks like its back to the scratchy old radio

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
My mate Dirty Barry has just text me, in a pub about 15 minutes walk from the ground full of Foxes, they're all extremely confident. Said they've only been playing ok and put together a fine unbeaten run. They said when it clicks they're going to give someone an absolute spanking and in our recent form it could be us, doesn't sound promising.

:nono:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Player on , they probably don't want to lose any more subscribers :lol:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
My mate Dirty Barry has just text me, in a pub about 15 minutes walk from the ground full of Foxes, they're all extremely confident. Said they've only been playing ok and put together a fine unbeaten run. They said when it clicks they're going to give someone an absolute spanking and in our recent form it could be us, doesn't sound promising.

could say the same for us, our last four games....

brighton 16 shots to 4
brighton 11 shots to 4
brighton 15 shots to 8
brighton 8 shots to 3

someone will get hit for 6 soon enough.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Sounds promising for us ..... over confidence is the best thing for us. They have got a pretty good team, but if we want promotion we have got to make a good account of ourselves with our current team (or else there is no point going up as we would get thrashed every week). If both teams go up (not out of the question) this team we are facing would be an easy match in the Premier.

So it is really is an important **** so see how we can play without Vicente and Orlandi. I hope Kuszczak is well alert though.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC
#BHAFC v Leicester: Kuszczak, Bruno, El-Abd, Greer, Bridge; Bridcutt, Dicker, Crofts; Buckley, Barnes; Mackail-Smith.
#BHAFC subs v Leicester: Ankergren, Calderon, Dunk, Hammond, LuaLua, David, Dobbie.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC
#BHAFC v Leicester: Kuszczak, Bruno, El-Abd, Greer, Bridge; Bridcutt, Dicker, Crofts; Buckley, Barnes; Mackail-Smith.
#BHAFC subs v Leicester: Ankergren, Calderon, Dunk, Hammond, LuaLua, David, Dobbie.

back to the old guard eh
definitely a win on the cards here

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here