Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****Official Match Thread - Leicester City vs Brighton - 7.45PM - King Power Stadium****

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
This is a link from a leicester fan stating where is good to drink, im going soon so be there for about 5.30ish for drinks and bit of tucker.

If your looking for a decent pub look no further than the Counting house on Freemans Common.Decent prices,good selection of ales,lager,wines.Great food.5 minute walk from the ground.
Safe journey up fella.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
There was only one Jimmy Case

**** It is a four star match.

If we approach it like the Newcastle and Sunderland games, we should be OK. Might be 0-0 though.

We have been mugged this year, but not outplayed. Arguable we have been the best side except perhaps against Swindon (missed early chances) and Ipswich (who probably shaded it after we missed early chances).

A big test for Gus to get the tactics right on the day. How much Taricco puts in tactics-wise I am not sure? Could we have a surprise on the subs bench? (Both Orlandi and Vincente are definite non-starters from reports.)

What has happened to Neil Danns for them?

Football Ground Guide: King Power Stadium, Leicester City FC

Big crowd expected as I think they have got a Fans Day with reduced admission for some (£15). Might be 24,000+

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Uncertain that any decisions will go our way tonight with Mark Halsey as ref. For the first time this season we are seen as the underdogs which will maybe see us perform like contenders.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Can you pay on gate tonight?

I just checked with LCFC: tickets are available to away fans but only from the main sales office in the SE corner of the stadium - not from turnstiles by the away entrance.

Still very foggy here in East Anglia but LCFC mentioned there are 'no problems with the weather'. Setting off soon.

I feel that a point tonight would be an ok result, anything more would be a nice bonus. I see many fans on the Foxes forum think it's going to be a walkover. It would be good to disappoint them.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I hope you have forked out for the more expensive seats in the area hosting the away audience. It really is a quite magnificent stadium and I'm sure you'll want to savour every minute by ensuring you are sitting amongst the finest seats in the house.

:lol:

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I just checked with LCFC: tickets are available to away fans but only from the main sales office in the SE corner of the stadium - not from turnstiles by the away entrance.

Still very foggy here in East Anglia but LCFC mentioned there are 'no problems with the weather'. Setting off soon.

I feel that a point tonight would be an ok result, anything more would be a nice bonus. I see many fans on the Foxes forum think it's going to be a walkover. It would be good to disappoint them.

Thanks for this buddy!

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I was thinking along the lines of getting a dodgy penalty decision in our favour which our friends from SE25 get in abundance.

Yes, another decision like the soft-ish penalty for CMS at Watford would do nicely. We don't get many in our favour.

Plus it's about time we have a deflected shot or two find the back of their net, rather than ours. We just need a tad more luck and a decent Ref.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
**** Leicester City v Brighton & Hove Albion **** Official Match Thread

Quite often these Fans Day (cheap admission events) end up as damp squid.

Brighton Hove Albion (h) Pre-Match Thread - Page 3 - Leicester City Forum - FoxesTalk Forum

Their team might be:

GK - Schmeichel
RB - De Laet
CB - Whitbread
CB - Morgan
LB - Konchesky
RM - Marshall
CM - Drinkwater
CM - King
LM/CAM - Knockaert
ST - Vardy
ST - Nugent

Subs - Logan, Moore, James, Dyer, Waghorn, Futacs, Schlupp

My reckoning on their best players in bold.

Some names are recognisable. Nugent is always a threat. He seems to have guile and experience rather than the endless energy of Macca. Our players with guile Orlandi and Vicente are both injured. Dobbie and Lopez seem the best bets instead so I would think one of them will play ?

They seem to think that Craig Mackail-Smith is out main threat. Of the current team I would be more worried about Wayne Bridge and Will Buckley. Vicente caused the havoc in the hope match last season. Only Neil Danns seemed to be aware of the threat and he got sent off trying to stop the maestro.

I hope Albion are aware if Leicester push up and try and play in our half we might get caught offside. We need one of the two speedsters like Buckley or Lualua in the starting line-up. I prefer Buckley if he is fit.

Leicester are averaging nearly 21,000 at home this season. How many extra for a top of the table reduced prices game? Football Web Pages.co.uk | Npower Championship | Attendances

A Saturday trip later in the season would have been more exciting.

Last edited:

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
Nonsense. If anyone can guarantee a victory with a proper solid official matchday thread, it's [MENTION=23454]HawkTheSeagull[/MENTION] . Everyone knows that.
Well, I didn't. 80% success rate, really? Blimey! Good enough for me then...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm not sure I'm as concerned about the result to night as I was before this afternoon's managerial news from our friends at selhurst. I don't think a loss against the top team who are undefeated at home is a bad enough result to upset me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here