Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

official Le Harve thread

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
A cracking start by the lads...but only a friendly, of course.

:lolol:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Text from Yorkie to say there have been lots of subs, just a warm up really, and CKR looks lively.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
2-0 full time :( bollocks

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Braders7 said:
2-0 full time :( bollocks

But just a warm up. Doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things.

:(

Last edited:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Gully said:
Have been racking my brains for matches that the Albion have played against non-British opposition and I can't think of any, apart from a few games against Irish teams on tour and possibly a tournament played some years ago in Hong Kong.

Is this our first game on the Continent?

Just reading this post got me thinking of the Russian tour a few years back. Didnt we beat one of the Moscow teams 6-0? (dynamo i think)

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
yeah true , but would've been good to start off on a winning start

bloody gutting if you made a weekend of it

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
The result is irrelevant really. It's just a day out isn't it

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
true , fair enough :)

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
End of the day the lucky fans who made the trip are now faced with an evening on the continent. It's probably fairly warm and there will no doubt be some bars near to the stadium.

So Albion lost a friendly, few beers in the sun next?

I don't think there'll be too many upset faces.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Gully said:
Ernest, I do consider myself a "real" Albion fan, having followed the team for around 30 years or so. I do go to a few games each season, as many as my finances or location allows, considering that I have only spent about 3 of the last 15 years living in England I am pretty proud of my record.

Of the time spent away almost half was in either Belgium or the Netherlands, I can't recollect us having played there during that time or I would probably have been at the games!!!

The Albion played many pre season tours in Holland during the late 70's and early 80's including PSV Eindhoven and in 1983 played in the Standard Liege tournament and of course I was there as I'm a REAL fan and not a plastic internet geek.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Reading the report on the website it sounds very encouraging and that we were a little unlucky to lose. Both young keepers played well as did CKR. Looking forward to seeing them in action on Wednesday evening against Worthing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here