Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Bumped from page 5.

Any ideas why a lot of the edging is being taken down?
Wrong colour white?

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
Unless the stadium is indoor or has a retractable roof, there are going to be one or two front rows that will be hit with rain depending on the wind direction. But why not wait until the stadium is finished at the end of May as I think the roof is still to be sealed properly etc? Then wait until it rains. Then have another look. I think you'll find a different story. Lecture over. :)

However, on 'Ask the Club' today 'Insider' says:

"No, the roof is completed. As with any stadium because of the height of the roof in driving rain conditions some areas will always be susceptible to rain or dampness. This is unavoidable unless we install a completely closed roof. "

This suggest to me that whatever wet terracing we are seeing now on the webcam is likely to be norm..

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

"No, the roof is completed. As with any stadium because of the height of the roof in driving rain conditions some areas will always be susceptible to rain or dampness. This is unavoidable unless we install a completely closed roof. "

This suggest to me that whatever wet terracing we are seeing now on the webcam is likely to be norm..

Thanks god for west upper then

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Thanks god for west upper then
Spot on

we can see you
we can see you
we can see you getting wet
we can seeeeee youuuuu getting wet

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I still think it won't be as bad once the corners are all properly filled in. If they leave that massive gap at the top of the east it could be a problem though, anything that lets the wind blow through below roof level will push rain into the stands

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I still think it won't be as bad once the corners are all properly filled in. If they leave that massive gap at the top of the east it could be a problem though, anything that lets the wind blow through below roof level will push rain into the stands

This is true, however wind is very good for the pitch - the Emirates was deliberately designed to force windflow through the stadium and across the playing surface. I guess the only way to ensure the East stand is finished is to make sure we turn up every week and try and encourage all our friends to come too!

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
The final viewing point in the SW corner is being filled! Content yourselves with pictures of the concourse from now on.

Seating contractors - pull your fingers out. No new railings for days.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
The final viewing point in the SW corner is being filled! Content yourselves with pictures of the concourse from now on.

I'm pretty sure there's due to be some inside pictures this week. I saw a post last week though can't remember who from that we can expect 'something' middle of the week.

beardosh

Insert witty comment here
Dec 14, 2009
I reckon the seat installers are camera shy because as soon as they got close to the webcam, they downed all tools and haven't been seen since? Let's hope they haven't suddenly realised they ordered the seats in the wrong colour... :ohmy:

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes

Fair enough, I stand corrected. However, this is not what NJ was saying on this issue - and not that long ago.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
and its CLOSED....no more inner views from the outside

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here