Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
South-West corner cladding almost complete. Hope we can still get some pictures of the inside once this process is complete.

JS? Everest?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
A friend of mine who is instaling a BMS system at the amex said they're laying the top soil now and sowing the seeds soon.

Cant wait!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
A friend of mine who is instaling a BMS system at the amex said they're laying the top soil now and sowing the seeds soon.

Cant wait!

Can't be, they haven't installed the heating yet, have they?

Oh, and the gap beside the west stand in the SW corner is no more.
Only the the part by the south stand remains.

Last edited:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Can't be, they haven't installed the heating yet, have they?

Oh, and the gap beside the west stand in the SW corner is no more.
Only the the part by the south stand remains.

Edit, He just corrected him self and said gravel, passing it on. But yes I believe the heating is done far as the pitch is concernd.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
s

What's a BMS system?

I'm not sure of the specifics but its a building management system, after a very quick google Aston Villa have one which will let the ground staff know by his pda the pitch temperature or if theirs a leak etc but Im far from the expert and Ive been told its similiar to the AV one but a different type. Theres is trend ours is trident. Thats all I know.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I'm not sure of the specifics but its a building management system, after a very quick google Aston Villa have one which will let the ground staff know by his pda the pitch temperature or if theirs a leak etc but Im far from the expert and Ive been told its similiar to the AV one but a different type. Theres is trend ours is trident. Thats all I know.

Hope ours is better!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
But yes I believe the heating is done far as the pitch is concernd.

If it's the same as the video that was on here a while back, then it definitely hasn't been done.
Don't forget, I have nearly 24,000 webcam images saved on my hard drive. I would have noticed.

Edit: They haven't even finished the drainage and irrigation yet in the southern end.

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Don't forget, I have nearly 24,000 webcam images saved on my hard drive. I would have noticed.

What you get up to alone with your pc is your business, but this thread is supposed to be about Falmer.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
What you get up to alone with your pc is your business, but this thread is supposed to be about Falmer.

I retract my earlier statement.
Don't want the OB sniffing round :blush:

Johnny Fever

Jan 11, 2010
I'm sure this might have been mentioned before, but looking at the webcam images today I was struck by how wet the concrete terracing is, especially the East stand. Just made me wonder how effective that roof is. It would be an absolute shame if after all these years of putting up with a soaking at Withdean some fans might find they are no better off at Falmer.

Oct 9, 2010
CRAWLEY
Company is involved in a project on site so try to wangle as many visits as possible 4 this week
Back 4 rows were the only dry ones today in the east but you can see that on the webcam.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I'm sure this might have been mentioned before, but looking at the webcam images today I was struck by how wet the concrete terracing is, especially the East stand. Just made me wonder how effective that roof is. It would be an absolute shame if after all these years of putting up with a soaking at Withdean some fans might find they are no better off at Falmer.

Unless the stadium is indoor or has a retractable roof, there are going to be one or two front rows that will be hit with rain depending on the wind direction. But why not wait until the stadium is finished at the end of May as I think the roof is still to be sealed properly etc? Then wait until it rains. Then have another look. I think you'll find a different story. Lecture over. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here