Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
It is amazing how the steelwork is getting closer and closer to the other stand by the day.

Friday's photos from the wonderful Mr Straw will be fantastic.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Agreed about the timelapse. I'll probably stop doing the weekly ones UNLESS a new camera is installed, or the existing one is moved elsewhere.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Agreed about the timelapse. I'll probably stop doing the weekly ones UNLESS a new camera is installed, or the existing one is moved elsewhere.

Strange how the non-professionals on here could see this coming ages ago but the project team thought we'd be able to see most of the stadium. Let's hope they're planning something...

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Strange how the non-professionals on here could see this coming ages ago but the project team thought we'd be able to see most of the stadium. Let's hope they're planning something...

I'll give them the benefit of doubt, until about May 2011.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009

Blimey people don't want much on here do they? Can we please just let them get on with building the bloody thing, if you want to see the progress go down THERE and have a look for YOURSELF.

Jesus what did we all do before webcams eh....:shrug:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Blimey people don't want much on here do they? Can we please just let them get on with building the bloody thing, if you want to see the progress go down THERE and have a look for YOURSELF.

Yeah, and what about that electricity-what did we do before that? Just because we never had something in the past doesn't mean we should ignore that it exists now. It's called progress and enjoying what it brings us. Besides, EVERY new stadium built of late uses or used webcams for the enjoyment of the supporters who want to follow the progress.

Also, I agree with what Gazwag said-except I live more than 50 miles away.

Apart from all of that, if they're going to provide something like a webcam-do it properly or don't bother.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Not that easy to pop down as its a 580 mile round trip.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Yeah, and what about that electricity-what did we do before that? Just because we never had something in the past doesn't mean we should ignore that it exists now. It's called progress and enjoying what it brings us. Besides, EVERY new stadium built of late uses or used webcams for the enjoyment of the supporters who want to follow the progress.

Also, I agree with what Gazwag said-except I live more than 50 miles away.

Apart from all of that, if they're going to provide something like a webcam-do it properly or don't bother.

Point taken but I live 30 miles away and have managed to pop down and have look for myself.

Its the constant whineing (a bit like children in the backseat of a car) that gets me on this board, we've got a guy who makes regular trips to the stadium to take photos, a webcam (that will probably get moved at some point) and easy access to view the progess for ourselves.

And yet people still moan and bitch to the club, they must wonder why they bother.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
It's easy to get very myopic about things (me included) - so a timely bit of common sense from you there Burrish. The club have handled the communication over the development of the stadium really well and NJ and Jack Straw do a brilliant job.

I guess we've just been spolit by the ability to (electronically) stick our herads over the fence and take a peek. I suspect they will set up another on in due course.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
It's easy to get very myopic about things (me included) - so a timely bit of common sense from you there Burrish. The club have handled the communication over the development of the stadium really well and NJ and Jack Straw do a brilliant job.

I guess we've just been spolit by the ability to (electronically) stick our herads over the fence and take a peek. I suspect they will set up another on in due course.

I think spoilt is the perfect word!

The quality of the webcam image surpasses anything most clubs have provided for their fans in the past. I suspect the one we've got does'nt come cheap, I bet if they provided 4 low quality webcams to replace the one we've got a few people on here might have a nervous breakdown

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
Let's face it, wherever the webcam is positioned there are going to rubbish views of something.

To those who want to see buildings knocked down and land being flattened for the west stand, what's so special in that? But if you want to see the derriere of the South Stand, the East Stand roof truss assembled, fitted onto the brooding thrust wall in the foreground and then the roof steelwork go up...where it is is where it's at. And it's all happening next month.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
All those moanin and bleating, for f*** sake get a grip. We have a minimum of weekly photographs from all angles added to the fact we have regular photos from the club.

Yes its good seeing it on a webcam but f*** me the amount of whinging it has created is nothing short of pathetic.

Go and get laid !

Site photographs

Not much to see @ the university at the moment as were still getting asbestos and other nasty stuff out before we can flatten the buildings.

Here's some of the South Stand today, as well as one from behind the East, where were placing the toe beam for the ground slab.

south stand a.jpg

south stand b.jpg

south stand c.jpg

east stand (1).jpg

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Thanks NJ-it's really starting to look like a football stadium these days and definitely no flat pack look about it.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
excellent nj. Your contributions are hugely appreciated.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I think spoilt is the perfect word!

The quality of the webcam image surpasses anything most clubs have provided for their fans in the past. I suspect the one we've got does'nt come cheap, I bet if they provided 4 low quality webcams to replace the one we've got a few people on here might have a nervous breakdown

Yes and don't forget there is Jack Straw, NatterJack, Everest, Barry Izbak, and me who pinches the pictures and sticks it up on the countdown2falmer site.

So all in all, we are quite lucky to have so much coverage. Thing is lots of people would get bored, but we have all kept it going.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here