Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
I spoke to the architect at the official Falmer 'kick off day' last year (I won a ticket to the event) and he told me exactly that, its been designed to hold approx 35,000 by raising the east stand roof and increasing the south and north stands

The club can't officially confirm this because of all the hassle they went through to get the damn thing built in the first place. He also said its going to be one of THE best grounds in the country to watch football. :yahoo:

:falmer: My 'back of a fag packet' calculation was correct. 35,000 is a decent premiership size.If we ever get there I'm sure we will fill it (well sometimes anyway)

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
:falmer: My 'back of a fag packet' calculation was correct. 35,000 is a decent premiership size.If we ever get there I'm sure we will fill it (well sometimes anyway)

LB has said on another thread that the problem with expansion is sefely getting people to and from the ground. If the club can't prove that the current travel plan works then the council can reduce the current capacity.

I agree though it's good to have the possibility to expand in the future. If only the regime who built the Goldstone had kept expansion in mind, we might still be there now.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I agree though it's good to have the possibility to expand in the future. If only the regime who built the Goldstone had kept expansion in mind, we might still be there now.

Apart from the Chicken Run, you mean?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The erection crane has now moved so it looks like the SOuth Stand will be continued towards the east a bit more.

A massive amount has been done in the last week when you compare the webshots

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
Noo noo doesn't give a f*** standing in that huge puddle!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I hope we are not going to lose sight of theose scruffy Uni buildings before they get torn down. I was looking forward to that bit.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
looks like they are going to put the steel work in the close corner in so it wil be completly enclosed straight away

I'd be surprised if they did that, as the gap between the East and South Stands seems to be the main site access route for all the vehicles coming in and out. Is there alternative access built yet?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Looks like we're going to see the best part of sod all when the West Stand goes up.

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
View of west side and Uni building is disappearing rapidly. Interesting to note that a question to the project team ('Webcam - it's gotta move') posted on 30 Sept hasn't received a reply yet. Perhaps they're having second thoughts.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I don't think they like me!:mad:

Your suggestion was actually quite good. If they don't add another cam or move the current one it looks like Jack Straw will simply have to make daily visits.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Looking at the webcam this morning, the club's timelapse video isn't going to be that exciting is it?

Does anyone know what the plans are for this week? Starting to take down the main buildings? Bit more steel on the south stand? Would be good to know.

Still 'soft stripping' uni-buildings prior to demolition.

Excavation / placing steel to North East Thrust block

Steel to be extended a little further on South Stand then to drop back on secondary steel.

Ground floor slab preparation to East Stand

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here