Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Thanks for the latest set of pics NJ. Can you have a word with the steel workers please-tell them to use a proper spirit level. The iPhone app doesn't seem quite up to the job.

attachment.php

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It's Ferkinfalmertastic!!! :falmer:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I know I'am a bit biased, I've said it on previous threads, even just looking at the design pictures. This is the only building in Brighton in my lifetime, and there aren't that many to choose from, that makes you go WOW! :love:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Jack Straw is going to be overwhelmed tomorrow. So much has happened this week-forget the boring East Stand.....

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Brilliant pics HJ.

Bwian, I was thinking the same thing but don't worry. Judging by the artist's impression on the countdown2falmer site, its supposed to be wonky. Still looks wrong though.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Thanks NJ. Really appreciate the photos and information you are providing at regular intervals. I'm so happy that I have now forgiven the Swansea fan who punched me in the head after a game (that we won 1-0) at the Vetch on a friday night in Nov 92. It wasn't you NJ was it?

???

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It probably won't look wonky when the full length of the stand is done. But then again, you probably won't be able to see the cross beams when it's finished.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The fencing at the back of the site is really coming down today ... how long before those scruffy old Uni building get demolished?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Can I just point out that at somepoint in the near future, the sun is going to be setting right in the middle of the picture at about 6 o'clock.. not for a while, but when it does it's going to be ICONIC!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Can I just point out that at somepoint in the near future, the sun is going to be setting right in the middle of the picture at about 6 o'clock.. not for a while, but when it does it's going to be ICONIC!

That's the first time I've noticed your new avatar .... I think you need to get out more.

:laugh:

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Next time you have a look at the Webcam just consider the gap between the east and south stands that we are looking through. It looks huge to me which leads me to think that if all four corners are filled in we will have at least 10,000 extra seats :eek: .

Then you can add another tier on the East Stand for another 3,000 maybebringing capacity to 35,000 :falmer:

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Next time you have a look at the Webcam just consider the gap between the east and south stands that we are looking through. It looks huge to me which leads me to think that if all four corners are filled in we will have at least 10,000 extra seats :eek: .

Then you can add another tier on the East Stand for another 3,000 maybebringing capacity to 35,000 :falmer:

I spoke to the architect at the official Falmer 'kick off day' last year (I won a ticket to the event) and he told me exactly that, its been designed to hold approx 35,000 by raising the east stand roof and increasing the south and north stands

The club can't officially confirm this because of all the hassle they went through to get the damn thing built in the first place. He also said its going to be one of THE best grounds in the country to watch football. :yahoo:

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Well, he would say that wouldn't he!?!

You've probably got a point! Interestingly he pointed out that the biggest headache he had was the new safety laws that had come into place since the original plans were submitted.

The whole disabled access and section had to be redesigned and repositioned and it proved difficult to integrate, hence some the changes we saw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here