Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
also whats the hole just been dug by the south stand for?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
A different perspective to the moaners who are moaning about the people moaning about the webcam.

I have often watched Megastructures on discovery because, not having a clue about building things, I am interested in "how did that get built". If you havent seen one of these it is in effect a TV diary of how something such as the walkway off of the Grand Canyon or some massive building in Dubai, is built.

Our stadium, which we had to fight for 10+ years for, in my eyes is our very own Megastructure. I am interested in how the terracing is built, how the arches will stay up, etc etc, so if I cannot see it I am entitled to moan, so there.

Swingers, Free Adult Chat Adult Personals Site - Adult FriendFinder

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Its the constant whineing (a bit like children in the backseat of a car) that gets me on this board, we've got a guy who makes regular trips to the stadium to take photos, a webcam (that will probably get moved at some point) and easy access to view the progess for ourselves.

And yet people still moan and bitch to the club, they must wonder why they bother.
What whineing?? The first whining on this thread is yours:shrug:

People are only pointing out that the time-lapse video that the club was planning is going to be pointless if the webcam remains where it is.

Some of the comments on this thread over the past page or so about people whining and moaning are a bit pathetic really. There's no moaning, just comments stating the obvious, and something those of us who have followed the cam since the beginning have seen coming for ages, yet the club doesn't see a problem, if you stick a cam behind a stand when only about a quarter of the work has been done.

Comments like go get laid, would be funny if it wasn't so badly aimed, because no one is moaning and whining apart from those looking for posters to moan at!!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
All those moanin and bleating, for f*** sake get a grip. We have a minimum of weekly photographs from all angles added to the fact we have regular photos from the club.

Yes its good seeing it on a webcam but f*** me the amount of whinging it has created is nothing short of pathetic.

Go and get laid !
Again what whinging. The only whinging so far on this thread is yours and burrish-gull.

I think if anyone needs to get laid it's you, and if you are getting some, maybe your batting for the wrong team:hammer:

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
What whineing?? The first whining on this thread is yours:shrug:

People are only pointing out that the time-lapse video that the club was planning is going to be pointless if the webcam remains where it is.

Some of the comments on this thread over the past page or so about people whining and moaning are a bit pathetic really. There's no moaning, just comments stating the obvious, and something those of us who have followed the cam since the beginning have seen coming for ages, yet the club doesn't see a problem, if you stick a cam behind a stand when only about a quarter of the work has been done.

Comments like go get laid, would be funny if it wasn't so badly aimed, because no one is moaning and whining apart from those looking for posters to moan at!!
images

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
It's the last column base on the Eastern side of the South Stand. There will be more to excavate in the future (to link the stands together), but thats it for now on this side.

Seeing as that hole has filled with water prior to the concrete setting, will it not weaken the mix ???

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
3 frames lost on the cam. Straight from 1700 to 1800.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I pass it every morning and still think it's amazing.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Idea! Why not place mini webcams in the stadium workers hard hats with live feed to a main site so that we see everything, all the time - even what NJ is having for lunch?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Idea! Why not place mini webcams in the stadium workers hard hats with live feed to a main site so that we see everything, all the time - even what NJ is having for lunch?

Ahem
Personally I think there should be at least 10 fixed webcams covering all conceivable angles including birdseye, every builder should have a helmet cam with live feeds direct to NSC, all bats in the vicinity should also be fitted with batcams and all workers should be interviewed on the hour to explain what they have been doing/what they plan to do.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes

He didn't mention NJ's lunch though did he? I was going to go on to say - that my proposal would also cover all visitors to the site and everyone who lives within a mile of the stadium - they will all have webcams. Even our friends in Falmer village.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Correct... as long as the concrete was not mixed with water as it was placed (ie water in the hole), there is no problem.
Hi NJ. I've noticed that you've got back into the grove of posting regularly on this thread (and I'm sure we'd all agree the more posts the better :thumbsup:) but at the same time judging by the "The Project Teams" thread, it appears the team have gone strangely quiet over the past couple of weeks.

With all this talk of concrete and holes, Anything you need to get off your chest??:p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here