Southwick
Nah. We'll lose again.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Can't see a bloody thing now!
Just for you then (taken today);

falmerupdate1.jpg

Loving the curve of the south stand steel. Really starting to get an idea of the shape.

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
anyone know what there doing with the steps? it appears there just putting them in place and leaving them.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Can't be ARSed to check back through, but I think NJ said the South Stand steps were all being cast in situ, rather than half and half like the East Stand.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
anyone know what there doing with the steps? it appears there just putting them in place and leaving them.

assuming you mean the east stand steps, its looks like they needed the crane to put them in place but if you look today the nearest ones a flush against the terrace wall so it appears they are attached somehow but are done one at a time

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
No doubt I will get flamed, and before anyone does, just know I really really do not care what anyone says, but after patiently waiting two weeks for a reply from the Project Team on the issue of the web cam, I thought I'd try again.

If they want to have their own thread, stop workers posting on other threads, and stop supporters being able to save pics from the webcam, seemingly to keep full control over things (which is more than fair enough) then the least they can do is reply to threads, and answer concerns,instead of referring to a comment which clearly doesn't answer those concerns, or ignoring them completely.

"A bit of a rant here, as you haven't been bothered to reply to my post at the end of last month.

When the club set up the webcam it created great vibes on this board, and people were glued to it to watch the long awaited stadium being built.

But if anyone asks about the positioning of the webcam, from the very beginning you seem to either ignore it, or refer to your quote "You can already see the steelwork being erected on the south stand. The camera is sited so that you get the maximum amount of the stadium as it is built from one position. We will be making special film and photographs available when the arches are erected. "
Well, unless I and many others on here are missing something, apart from seeing the rear of the South Stand built, what else is there to see. I think if the club plan to do anything with the whole time-lapse stadium being built, how is anyone going to see anything of the North or West stands being built. It's going to be a pretty pathetic time-lapse video if all it shows is the ground work, the excitement of the East stand going up and then a year or viewing the back of the south stand.

I would say it bluntly obvious to everyone,except the project team, that no one is going to be able to see much else from here on in. The time-lapse is a waste of time in it current location, and I would be deeply concerned if the project team think otherwise. If this was the intention of the club to make a video featuring the time-lapse, then someone has screwed it up, so can we cut our loses and get the cam moved to a lofted position? (Maybe on top of the East Stand) and at least gives to saddos amongst us (me included) who like to follow the cam on a daily basis, the pleasure of seeing the North and West Stands built instead of another year of wondering what's happening the massive structure sitting right in front of the cam.

If it's that expensive to get another cam installed, then may I suggest getting rid of the one that's there now and saving a few quid, because I really fail to understand the worth of it after the next few weeks.

For all the good it's going to be, you may as well only switch it on at night!

Thanks for listening."

And a little note for anyone on here who casts me as ungrateful or says the club doesn't have to do this etc etc.

I know the don't, but they are.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
No doubt I will get flamed, and before anyone does, just know I really really do not care what anyone says, but after patiently waiting two weeks for a reply from the Project Team on the issue of the web cam, I thought I'd try again.

If they want to have their own thread, stop workers posting on other threads, and stop supporters being able to save pics from the webcam, seemingly to keep full control over things (which is more than fair enough) then the least they can do is reply to threads, and answer concerns,instead of referring to a comment which clearly doesn't answer those concerns, or ignoring them completely.

"A bit of a rant here, as you haven't been bothered to reply to my post at the end of last month.

When the club set up the webcam it created great vibes on this board, and people were glued to it to watch the long awaited stadium being built.

But if anyone asks about the positioning of the webcam, from the very beginning you seem to either ignore it, or refer to your quote "You can already see the steelwork being erected on the south stand. The camera is sited so that you get the maximum amount of the stadium as it is built from one position. We will be making special film and photographs available when the arches are erected. "
Well, unless I and many others on here are missing something, apart from seeing the rear of the South Stand built, what else is there to see. I think if the club plan to do anything with the whole time-lapse stadium being built, how is anyone going to see anything of the North or West stands being built. It's going to be a pretty pathetic time-lapse video if all it shows is the ground work, the excitement of the East stand going up and then a year or viewing the back of the south stand.

I would say it bluntly obvious to everyone,except the project team, that no one is going to be able to see much else from here on in. The time-lapse is a waste of time in it current location, and I would be deeply concerned if the project team think otherwise. If this was the intention of the club to make a video featuring the time-lapse, then someone has screwed it up, so can we cut our loses and get the cam moved to a lofted position? (Maybe on top of the East Stand) and at least gives to saddos amongst us (me included) who like to follow the cam on a daily basis, the pleasure of seeing the North and West Stands built instead of another year of wondering what's happening the massive structure sitting right in front of the cam.

If it's that expensive to get another cam installed, then may I suggest getting rid of the one that's there now and saving a few quid, because I really fail to understand the worth of it after the next few weeks.

For all the good it's going to be, you may as well only switch it on at night!

Thanks for listening."

And a little note for anyone on here who casts me as ungrateful or says the club doesn't have to do this etc etc.

I know the don't, but they are.

To be fair to the club at the moment the webcam is perfectly positioned to cover the erection of the East Stand arch later this month so moving the camera now would be a stupid. It has also been pointed out the external cladding will not be installed for sometime so for the foreseeable future we will have a perfect view of the North stand, East stand, a little glimpse of the South stand and a reasonable view of most of the West stand. Short of moving the webcam every other day to cover whatever work Buckingham group are doing what can the club do?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Mr Burns - there is validity in a lot of that.

As for it being in the best single position, it seems clear that 20 yards to the right, and 25 foot higher, and you could look direct acroos from SE to NW and pretty much see it all.

I too have wondered about how interesting this time-lapse video will be once the view is largely obscured. To use that as a reason why our regular webcam viewer has to reain in an onscured position just doesn't make any sense. I actually think a time-lapse would be more interesting if it did switch position from time to time as the project grows.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Mr Burns - there is validity in a lot of that.

As for it being in the best single position, it seems clear that 20 yards to the right, and 25 foot higher, and you could look direct acroos from SE to NW and pretty much see it all.

I too have wondered about how interesting this time-lapse video will be once the view is largely obscured. To use that as a reason why our regular webcam viewer has to reain in an onscured position just doesn't make any sense. I actually think a time-lapse would be more interesting if it did switch position from time to time as the project grows.
I would totally agree with your positioning. Looking through the gap between the two built standss would be a great view. They are never going to cover everything with one camera, but where it is now is just pointless.

And I never thought about swtiching the camera position either. I think that would definately work

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
To be fair to the club at the moment the webcam is perfectly positioned to cover the erection of the East Stand arch later this month so moving the camera now would be a stupid. It has also been pointed out the external cladding will not be installed for sometime so for the foreseeable future we will have a perfect view of the North stand, East stand, a little glimpse of the South stand and a reasonable view of most of the West stand. Short of moving the webcam every other day to cover whatever work Buckingham group are doing what can the club do?
Perfect/reasonable views?? Mmmm, I think you should have gone to spec savers!!:laugh:

No one excepts to see every little last thing, but a view of some description of the main stands going up would be something. Viewng this though the roof steels of the south stand, can hardly be called a view.

I would agree it's going to be a perfect view of the roof going up, but the club has said they are not going to move it throughout the works for their time laspe, so after this is complete, what's the point of the web cam?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

To be fair, we'll see the East Stand Arch going up which should be more than good but we'll see sod all of the West Stand, about 3 feet of the North Stand and half of the back of the South Stand. That's not a moan, merely an observation.

Another observation: The Ask The Project Team responses to web cam questions have been pretty abrupt.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
To be fair, we'll see the East Stand Arch going up which should be more than good but we'll see sod all of the West Stand, about 3 feet of the North Stand and half of the back of the South Stand. That's not a moan, merely an observation.

Another observation: The Ask The Project Team responses to web cam questions have been pretty abrupt.

Assuming of course when they start the arch it won't then obscure the east stand.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
In answer to a question a few weeks ago, the project team did say they were considering installing a second camera to capture the erection of the west stand, and it would completely defeat the purpose of a time lapse film if they failed to capture the construction of over half of the stadium. It's obvious that they must either install another camera, or move the current one.

In the meantime, the current camera location is perfectly situated to capture the east roof truss being built and installed, and frankly there will not be much else to see over the next couple of months anyway, while excavation and foundation work is started on the north and west sides.

Hopefully they can figure out the logistics of a new camera position in time to for all of us (the sad people who log in every day, like me) see the west stand steel going up next year.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
How about a permanent helicopter hovering above the stadium?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here