Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Maybe its because the picture is a bit "stretched" with the webcam, but the screens look a bit long and narrow to me, or certainly the one in the North anyway.

Mind you, if HKFC says they are exactly the same, then who the hell, I say who the HELL am I to question it ?

its called WIDESCREEN....get with the times Easy :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Maybe its because the picture is a bit "stretched" with the webcam, but the screens look a bit long and narrow to me, or certainly the one in the North anyway.

Mind you, if HKFC says they are exactly the same, then who the hell, I say who the HELL am I to question it ?

No, it is perfectly fair to question the shape of them. Whenever we quote for displays we always aim for a 16:9 aspect ratio (i.e. accepted industry standard 'widescreen'). These are 16:8, so they are 'wider' than usual. I'm sure its merely a factor of the suppliers module sizes, but may equally be that they are planning to show further information (advertising) outside of the video image area.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
its called WIDESCREEN....get with the times Easy :thumbsup:

I don't mind WIDESCREEN, but that north one looks positively LETTERBOX.

No, it is perfectly fair to question the shape of them. Whenever we quote for displays we always aim for a 16:9 aspect ratio (i.e. accepted industry standard 'widescreen'). These are 16:8, so they are 'wider' than usual. I'm sure its merely a factor of the suppliers module sizes, but may equally be that they are planning to show further information (advertising) outside of the video image area.

Mmm. Could be. Or it could also be that it has to squeeze under our on-the-piss roof. And it looks dangerously within range of a few sticky, grubby north stand ruffians FINGERS as well.

Dear points of view. Why oh why oh why didn't we have the tellyboxes in the SW and NE corners.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why would you call it 16:8 and not 2:1? Just to make it sound more technical and impress the ladies, isn't it? :jester:

Yes*

*actually, it was to allow for an easy comparison against the standard 16:9 - ie to demonstrate that despite how long they look, they are actually not far from the widescreen standard.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
So, are we watching out for a news "conference" on the webcam?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
So, are we watching out for a news "conference" on the webcam?

Could they put the web-cam above one of the screens, plug in the PA, and we let us all Skype in for "Ask The Stadium"?

(Apologies if one of the previous 5787 posts already suggested this!)

On the other hand, the thought of seeing some of you lot on a big screen...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Could they put the web-cam above one of the screens, plug in the PA, and we let us all Skype in for "Ask The Stadium"?

(Apologies if one of the previous 5787 posts already suggested this!)

On the other hand, the thought of seeing some of you lot on a big screen...

Wouldn't a question, then a fifteen minutes delay for the answer, then another 15 minutes for the next question get a bit tedious

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Indeed - looks like they are measuring up the centre line.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
So who are all those people in the WU at 12.30 will we have some more photo's tonight for yet another tour?

Sep 1, 2010
Lots of people milling about for this time of night

cam11.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here