Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Do a good job on the stadium and you can stick 10 past us! :laugh:

Shouldn't WE be taking it seriously then?

I was going to add that but thought it blindingly obvious :annoyed:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
They're starting the second half of it today!

No problem. I know how much this stadium means to you having talked to some of your fans. I just hope you lot still talk to me when Swansea stick 4 past you in the cup :fishing: :wink:

No Problem. By the time we move into Falmer we'll only meet Swansea in the Coca Cola Milk Cup, so you'll only be playing the ressies. We'll make up for it putting 6 by you in the league the season after next on our March to the promised land!!:lolol::ascarf::ascarf:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
It's full steam ahead on the main stand today as it extends towards the Station!! Also seems to be a lot of activity on & in front of the terraces as well today.

The webcam just doesn't do justice to the size of everything. I'm lucky enough to drive past the site 4 or 5 times a week, and can't wait for 2011.:tantrum::tantrum:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
It's full steam ahead on the main stand today as it extends towards the Station!! Also seems to be a lot of activity on & in front of the terraces as well today.

The webcam just doesn't do justice to the size of everything. I'm lucky enough to drive past the site 4 or 5 times a week, and can't wait for 2011.:tantrum::tantrum:

Won't the main stand be on the other side?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Except for those two having a 13:15 chin wag on the flatbed lorry :censored: come on back to work :wink:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Another length of steel in mid-air.
Looks as though the two workmen on the left have decided to try out a small fairground strongman/bell ringing contraption.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
seeing the metalwork going down on the upper floor i wondered why it weren't the the normal concrete slabs, seeing he van with "metaldeck" on the side, went and had a look at their website, very impressive technique.

(remove anorak, and get back to work :down:)

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

The development of Brighton Community Stadium commences on site late July
2009 involving the detailing,supply and installation of 19,000 m2 of Kingspan MD60 to the East,West and North Stands.

The project was secured from Watson Steel Structures (part of the Severfield Rowan Group) based in Bolton after an extensive redesign and tender process and is due to complete in July 2010.

July 2010 is that their parts completion date do you think

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
July 2010 is that their parts completion date do you think
I would think so - isn't the stadium due to complete in December 2010?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can't help thinking this is going to look "almost done" very quickly indeed. Then while they're doing stuff like electrics, pitch laying and all that stuff, we'll have all the MOANERS on this thread prattling on about how long all the snagging is taking and ask why it isn't ready yet.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I can't help thinking this is going to look "almost done" very quickly indeed. Then while they're doing stuff like electrics, pitch laying and all that stuff, we'll have all the MOANERS on this thread prattling on about how long all the snagging is taking and ask why it isn't ready yet.
Indeed - the main structure will be 'finished' quite quickly - then its a lot of unseen stuff to get on with before its really finished.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here